Roaring Moon ex Finally Enters the Tier 1 Club

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello to all PokeBeach readers! This is Gabriel Semedo with another article, and this time I’m going to talk about the rise of Roaring Moon ex in the metagame, which has become one of the most successful decks in the Portland and Charlotte Regional Championships.
SV04_EN_251.png

Roaring Moon ex initially emerged as a very promising card for the Standard format, but at the Latin America International Championships, the deck didn’t perform as well as expected. Now, two months later, Roaring Moon is making a comeback in the metagame with a simpler and more aggressive list, emphasizing consistency and early-game pressure. According to the recent results, Roaring Moon was the sixth most successful deck at the Portland Regional Championships and the third most successful at Charlotte. This illustrates that Roaring Moon is currently...

Continue reading...

Moon as far to many issues with it. It can run dry it can run out of steam. Then u have 2 prize n they can ko it with a single prize. The deck falls fast. Nothing tier 1 about it.

While I was i initially hesitant about the deck due to its negative publicity, after testing and building it IRL I can say it definitely is tier one. almost 80% of the time you can hit the turn one OHKO on anything, something that literally no other deck can do. While it can run out of steam fast, by playing your cards right and including the right numbers you can extend your resources pretty far. If you lean toward the turbo side such as including 4 pokestop and 4 shoes, you’ll run out of resources pretty fast but be very constant. But by running more energy support and even some recovery cards, you can normally have enough resources for three moons if you need it. I currently don’t have any techs for lost box or gardy because it breaks the flow of the deck and makes it slower and also run out of resources faster, but I see the strength in those and might try it.

While I was i initially hesitant about the deck due to its negative publicity, after testing and building it IRL I can say it definitely is tier one. almost 80% of the time you can hit the turn one OHKO on anything, something that literally no other deck can do. While it can run out of steam fast, by playing your cards right and including the right numbers you can extend your resources pretty far. If you lean toward the turbo side such as including 4 pokestop and 4 shoes, you’ll run out of resources pretty fast but be very constant. But by running more energy support and even some recovery cards, you can normally have enough resources for three moons if you need it. I currently don’t have any techs for lost box or gardy because it breaks the flow of the deck and makes it slower and also run out of resources faster, but I see the strength in those and might try it.
You literally just start off with a single prizer in the active and it doesn't matter. Decks like chien pao and miraidon, really the only other two prize centric decks can easily put a single prizer in the active and then can easily get a revenge ko. Afterwards, moon needs a stadium every turn to even keep up but you've already lost the prize race.

Back