BW/BW2 RNG Abuse in 5th Generation

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
The title says it all.
I am curious if anyone has figured it out yet in Japan or if there are any videos on Youtube.

For now things seem bleak from what I can tell, I think either Game Freak may have caught on to how people were undermining their whole IV system to "make Pokémon unique," or the RNG just happened to get an upgrade in complication as part of the list of mechanical upgrades they wanted to accomplish (though the RNG is mostly based on raw math, so there's little they could complicate that arose from new technologies). To that end what I've been reading about the subject seems pretty bizarre (I'm not someone who is not particularly swell with numbers though :D) – apparently the C-Gear has a profound effect on the RNG itself, and seeds are generated partly using your DS's MAC address???

I'm not sure on the details, but here's Smogon's research thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090

If you skip all the way to the back you'll find the latest on BW stuff. It's a lot to eyeball, but the good news is that things are being discovered relatively quickly, and hopefully all those small things will add up soon. I can't vouch for what Japan is doing though, and it seems Youtube is void of any related information…

Back