'Rising Fist' Scans and Translations! [6/11]

Look at Jynx's expression: is that Machamp behind her... touching something? uhuhuhuhuh ^.^"

RealSlim said:
Look at Jynx's expression: is that Machamp behind her... touching something? uhuhuhuhuh ^.^"

I didn't even notice on first look at the image aha, so I went to look again :p
All Machamp's arms are visible though, but that'd be funny if he was aha x)

Maybe I misread but seismetoad (sorry if i mispelled it) and dragonite are basics? If they follow the pattern they have been, wouldn't that basicly be saying "Mega dragonite and seismetoad confirmed"? I mean don't only mega pokemon get the nonmega form as a basic ex?

flamingdratini said:
Maybe I misread but seismetoad (sorry if i mispelled it) and dragonite are basics? If they follow the pattern they have been, wouldn't that basicly be saying "Mega dragonite and seismetoad confirmed"? I mean don't only mega pokemon get the nonmega form as a basic ex?
Coff coff... Toxicroak-EX coff coff... Magnezone-EX coff coff..

I wanted to wait til all the scans will be out, but I just can't help myself, so I write my first opinions on some cards:

Drowzee Cool! Something I dreamt about: any coin flips are treated as tails at your opponent's turn. Not only for attacks, but also for coin-flipping trainers – that's really cool. It has only two drawback: 1) This attack has no Hypno… once you evolve it, you lose this cool attack. 2) You cannot do any damage. It'd be even more fantastic, if it does at least 10.

Hypno Is also cool. If you're lucky, you may use e.g. PokeCenter Lady from you opponent's hand onto your own Pokémon, or anything else. It definitely sees many play.

Jynx A weaker version of BW Serperior, but it's exactly, what I'm looking for! The healer, that's not a Stage 2. It really helps my decks partially.

Skorupi Though I'm not big fan of this (for me ugly) Pokémon, I'm glad, we can see this evo-line after many months (years?).

Gothita-line Basic is pathetically weak, Stage 1 got this Gothita's attack and Stage 2's Ability will be maybe something, this Gardevoir have.

Blaziken is killing machine. With Blacksmith it can deal 150 damage each turn… no other comment is important.

Eeveelutions Glad, Eevee got back its Ability for energy evolving. That means: no attack needed (and for DCE only 10 damage? Weaker then Magikarp…). Cool all Eeveelution introduced by far have for 1 Energy 30 and effect.

Tool Stripper Exactly what needed if you don't want to run Masquerain in your deck and need to change tools…

Radiant Gown OMG! Bye-Bye Hypnotoxes, Virbanks, Crobats and Toxicroak EX's?!

Dedenne We don't get the Nuzzle one? Oh bo; I'd like to have some japanese promos translated! (e.g. Hand Scoop…)

Fossil researcher's restriction is too cruel for fossil lovers…

Seismitoad EX Excellent… maybe not. I hope, they'll make any card, that forbids all trainer cards from being played. The second attack forces you to use Mr. Mime or another bench protector, which is useless…

Mega Heracross For 2 energies cool attck. For 3 energies no more… but the Herb energy will be some kind of support. (Hoping for all types of special energies for all 'mons)

Training Center Incredibly high HP will go even higher! Let's pretend 250 HP M Charizards…

Korrina's FA looks amazing! OK, I'm her fan…

Dragonite EX Self-generator! Cool.

Machamp + Strong energies + Fighting Stadium… go to hell all fight-resisting 'mon's with HP < 140…

That Hawlucha is pretty useless when you don't stay against an EX… -_-

Clawitzer! Tha's an imagination for crustacean for me! (Hoping for Kingler in next set :D)

Noivern Though hoped for the XY trainer kit one, but this one looks like Cinccino (or was it Minccino? Don't know – the Stage 1 with Smooth cover or what is its ability called). That attack is cool but pretty expensive for only 30 damage to each.

Victreebel Finally! After so many milleniums! Though hoping it will be out alongside Vileplume, I'm glad.

I really like the Heracross EX FA illustration! It looks awesome.

Didn't expect Accelgor in this set. Well. It's not as good as its Noble Victories version. I really like that strong hitter.

Magmortar/Electivire combo may be good, though it forces you to use lightning/fire deck…

Politoed/Poliwrath killing combo will be good only if you get all cards super fast; though with some luck, it's possible. Destroying opponent's Pokémon with no energies is always cool.

Another annoying Pikachu-oid mons in this set. Not only Dedenne, even Plusle and Minun -_-

btw. to that one, who asked the question about Gothita (somewhere below this post): It really paralyzes the foe; so maybe the attack's name is wrong.

I don't think anybody will use Hitmonlee's second attack, if you can use the first cheaper and for same amount of damage.

Though didn't expect Makuhita-line in this set, Hariyama is pretty good (except for Retreat).

I can imagine the Mienshao/Lopunny (Flashfire) combo.

Tyruntrum's second attack will be used only if there are no special energies in opponent's deck… the first attack can deal same amount of damage without the penalty.

Drapion seems pretty decent. Although its second attack is pretty expensive.

WTH Scrafty again? And once more the stupid attacks. I really hate self-confsing moves.

Clefabale is so weak… only 30 damage. Much less then its “counterpart” Wigglytuff (though in games Clefable seems some stronger)

Klefki: Weak in both attack's damage and HP.

Flygon! I waited for something like this. The super energy accelerator for all types! Not only for grass like Tangrowth Lv. X/Shaymin Lv. X. And it gets even deeper! It's a healer, too. I'm satisfied.

Lickilicky = M Kangaskhan EX without the prize card penalty. (Though weak in both HP and base damage).

Slakoth I can say, it's the worst card ever, since Paras from Jungle. Btw. Vigoroth is much faster then its pre-evo and has 2 retreat whilst Slakoth only has 1. Pretty strange.

I really dislike the loss of resistance in Dragon-types. Noibat -> Noivern; Trapinch -> Vibrava; and no resistance for Dragon types at all. They're naturally resistant against all the basic types (starters even with lightning)… I don't get it. Even worse when they get the new fairy weakness.

Mountain Ring means you don't have to run Mr. Mime's in your deck anymore.

I'm still hoping in special energies for another types in future sets. Psychic would be great; with some effect of confusing or poisoning on touch or something, while fire could burn. Water possibly discarding an energy from opponent's active in a whirlpool; fairy could force your opponent's Pokémon to swap by attaching that energy or so…

RealSlim said:
flamingdratini said:

Which set were they? I haven't given the card game as much attention as I used to so I didn't even know a toxicroak ex and magnezone ex existed in the current legal sets

flamingdratini said:
RealSlim said:

Which set were they? I haven't given the card game as much attention as I used to so I didn't even know a toxicroak ex and magnezone ex existed in the current legal sets
They're from the last english set: XY-Flashfire

flamingdratini said:
RealSlim said:

They were both in Flashfire. There are quite a few non-mega EXes, both basic (Skarmory, Emolga, the Legendaries) and "evolved" with a basic EX.

Gothita
[P][C] Confusion: 10 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Paralyzed?

I do it like NotSeen and write my comments to some cards:

Heracross EX + Mega: -_- (I'm so disappointed)

Blaziken: needs to much Energy imo + Stage 2, you can't use every turn Blacksmith or play a DCE. Maybe playable in a deck that needs a sniper.

Seismitoad EX: Itemlock for a DCE from a basic is very nice. It has potential.

Dedenne: Actually better than the fairy one and it can happen everytime at any place. Watch out Yveltal (muhahaha)

Hypno: Nice when the opponent has a very good hand and you can say Now use Juniper! @NotSeen I don't think that you can use a center lady from your opponent to heal your own pokemon. I also don't think that it will be played to often, because it's too random.

Jynx: It can be useful because you often have close KOs. But not every deck has (bench) space for it.

Gothorita: With this in Flash Fire we may could have a good control deck, but with sableye rotated out I guess its hard to build one.

Landorus: Now Fighting has the Energy acceleration. I guess there will be a lot of these decks next season.

Dragonite EX: Hard to calculate. It can decide matches with a big surprise attack.

Eevee: Perfect for plasma Decks (get Plasma Glaceon T1)

radiant gown: I like Virizion EX more

Focus Sash: That's one annoying card. Unless you have megaphone or laser the defending will get a free hit/ max potion whatever. I think it's too much for fighting type. And you can just put another on and it may survive the next turn again.

Training Center. That's a good card letting evolved Pokemon get in hp range of a normal ex. But caution if the opponent plays his stadium wisely it can hit you very hard.

herb energy: potion energy has become grass type (obvious that this will happen because of the artwork of potion energy^^)

And at last the new death combo: drowzee active and victreebel and dragalge benched (Don't take this serious)

NotSeen said:
Drowzee Cool! Something I dreamt about: any coin flips are treated as tails at your opponent's turn. Not only for attacks, but also for coin-flipping trainers – that's really cool. It has only two drawback: 1) This attack has no Hypno… once you evolve it, you lose this cool attack. 2) You cannot do any damage. It'd be even more fantastic, if it does at least 10.
Cofagrigus' (PF56) Slap of Misfortune: same effect + 70 damage

gaby2kbarrage said:
If I read it right the hypno is for your opponent right?

You're right. But you can decide what and how he plays it.
The question is if he uses Pokemon Fan club or something like that, can you search his deck and decide the targets? I don't get it of the card text.

Pancham
[C] Rowdy Evolution: If you have a [D] Pokemon on your Bench, search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from this Pokemon and place it on top of this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Could this be used on T1 (provided you're the player going second)?

If Victreebel is in this set, then we might be getting Vileplume as well!
And where there's Vileplume there's... Bellossom! Hey, don't judge me. I just like Sunny Day/Solar Beam Combination! And Bellossom's cute design...

That aside though, they're aren't too many Pokemon here that pop OP to me. Let's see...

Victreebel- This looks like a very viable wall! You can attach an Herb Energy, heal 30, then discard it, then Virbank ahoy, or just put it on your bench and throw away some [G] energy... Too bad the attack isn't very good...

Glaceon- I like this card. The artwork is quite captivating, and Blizzard could be a nice 1 energy attack, when combined with Dusknoir! (Don't correct me about Dusknoir rotating out, cuz he's not. He's in Plasma Blast as a UR.)

Blaziken- Being able to control your trajectory of which Pokemon you hit, Blaziken will easily become quite strong, especially with the high Energy acceleration for [R], namely Emboar and Blacksmith.

The Trainers- They're always the highlight of XY sets, so no need to make a big speech about them here.

Dat Dragonite- The best EX of this set in my opinion. You can run a [G] or [L] attacker, then switch it out with Dragonite, battle ready! The attack isn't too bad, either! My favorite Dragon-Type card since Sand Slammer Flygon! That Full Art... aww-yeeeaaahh! If Altaria wasn't being Rotated out, this would be even stronger! Unlimited Format on TCGO, anyone?

Rising Fist Review

Pros-
Dragonite EX
Full Arts look amazing
FA Korrina
Blaziken, Clawlitzer, Golurk, and Poliwrath are all in the set!

Cons-
Seismitoad EX (Looks like our Emolga/Toxicroak of the set)
No Golurk EX
No Zygarde EX
Besides the EXs and Full Arts, the artwork on most of the cards is crappy.

Note: I have nothing against Seismitoad, but the fact that it got an EX but Pokémon like Golurk, Zygarde, and Machamp didn't is pretty shocking and sad.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Pancham
[C] Rowdy Evolution: If you have a [D] Pokemon on your Bench, search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from this Pokemon and place it on top of this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Could this be used on T1 (provided you're the player going second)?
Sure you can, it's the effect of the attack that allows you to do that.

My favorite Kalos Pokemon (Amaura) is in a full art card :)
Hoping for some Gold reprints like Skyla, Sableye and a good fighting type...maybe Excadrill?

We still await for about 30 more cards. I don't like how these new generation Pokemon are being released in these TCG. We got a few in XY then a few more in FlashFire and I think only now we have almost all of them after three sets. They should release a set with only new pokemon in it, but I don't think this will happen anymore.

Among those 30 cards maybe we are yet to see I think Sceptile will be in this set, because of special grass? so it sets up for the next set which will be released close to Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphirre.you will have Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken?

Back