Help Returning to Pokemon

Ampharos142

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,
I am returning to the TCG after a 6-month break due to the feeling of a stale and frustrating meta plagued with zoroarks and the restrictions of deck building created by auto include OP cards.
Due to this, I am asking how much the meta has changed and what are some decent decks to look into, I have a Gardevoir GX/Swampert Deck. How would you say the state of tournaments are right now in the EU as I remember looking and there being not many regionals in the UK compared to previous years?. Thanks

Before you hiatus, how long had you played the game?

The short version is things are destined to change, because even if everything you didn't like six months ago was still dominant, set rotation happens. Sooner or later, even a card that never loses its edge will leave Standard.

The slightly longer version is that we seem to be entering a metagame where Tag Team Pokémon are going to be the driving force... and that Pokémon has pretty much always been about automatically including "overpowered" cards. What varies is how much diversity (of card and/or strategy) are found in the metagame of overpowered cards.

I have played the game for 5 years, so I know how the meta changes with sets, however, I found the state it was in at the time not very enjoyable.

Back