ORAS Return of the Secret Base! New Features?

So stoked for how secret bases will look in 3D... hope they go WAY overboard on customization. Like 50+ dolls, 50+ posters, 20+ rugs, 20+ desk and chair (which you can now sit in!) combinations... etc.

And I hope that there is something which you can actually do in your base now. Like super train, Pokemon-amie, games, something. Maybe some good ol' voltorb flip??? :)

Oh, and the ability to fly to your base would be freaking amazing.

I've been rereading other's posts and found that I can still make a contribution: add the possibility to see how much of that item/furniture we already have when buying. I love secret bases and to decorate them and so I change the "theme" of it from time to time and it's absolutely terrible that I don't know how much do I already have in storage and always have to keep flying back and forth between my base and the selling points in order to see if what I have fits the space, if it fits the theme and looks good, if I need to buy more and how much.

Btw, we should be able to make a "sketch" of the base and then order all the furniture in order to avoid making so many trips and ending up losing money with mistakes (or allow us to sell the furniture back!).

Like a couple of people have said, add couchs, lamps (Shauntal's and Grimsley's E4 room were amazing), the possibility to rotate stuff, no decorations limit (or far expanded), the possibility to create space (but not by capturing flags nor relying on anyone else or being connected!), choose colors, two (or more) levels, dolls on the floor, etc..

I'd like the ability to create ramps when making/shaping a base, both going up and going down like a burrow and it could be an option to stairs when creating or using bases with more than one floor!

Like Lanturnman said (and perhaps someone else), they'll probably keep the square grid but in order to give a more burrow idea, I'd like to see some circular shaped bases!

I'd also like to have door in my base with the option to chose one from a list or just have one that fits the look of the base (for example, a bush door when in a base made of leaves in order to camouflage) since I never liked to leave my base open, despite knowing that no one would enter it! -_-

Btw, add the possibility to rearrange the furniture list in the pc, both between groups and between objects from the same group!

Last but not least, underwater secret bases with an entrance method the same as Seafloor Cavern and the walls being made of white (if in Route 126) or gray stone with moss covering some parts of it as sand as the ground.

I think the items for the new secret bases will be a mixture gen 2,3, gen4 underground and resort house, gen 5 dream world, and based off gens 1,2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, and hears a list of some of the new different items that could appear.

items from gen 2
Big Lapras
Surf Pikachu Doll
NES
SNES
Nintendo64
Virtual Boy
Pika Bed
Town Map ( their is one for each region)

items from gen 4
Music Box
AudioSet
Reception Set
Piano
Globe
Game System( WII)
Big oil drum
binoculars
Ball Ornament
Vending Machine
Test machine
Shiny gem

Gen 5
Juice Bar
Gothic Table
Gothic Dresser
Phonograph
Elegant Sofa
DJ Booth
Low Bookcase
Party Picture
Bathtub
Mirror Ball
Masterball Rug
Flatscreen TV
Ferris Wheel
Ultra Ball Rug

Gen 6
Iron Ore Cushion
Punk Star Object
Cursed Pumpkin Cushion
Dragon Hill Cushion
Dragon Rock Cushion
Normal Heart Object
Fire Heart Object
Water Heart Object
Grass Heart Object
Psychic Heart Object
Fighting Heart Object
Flying Heart Object
Bug Heart Object
Rock Heart Object
Dragon Heart Object
Dark Heart Object
Steel Heart Object
Fairy Heart Object
Hot Lava Cushion
Cooled Lava Cushion
Snowball Cushion
Ice Ball Cushion
Shock Cushion
Blue Shock Cushion

new stuff
Kalos suit of armor
Team Flare punching bag
Parfum Palace bed
mine cart
movie poster
Team Aqua poster
Team Magma poster
Light stone
dark stone
Shauntal's table
Plasma flag

Secret Bases have been officially confirmed on the main site.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-secret-is-out-on-super-secret-bases/

You can now share your Secret Base via Streetpass or by creating a QR code. You can also meet other players in their bases and invite them back to yours as Secret Pals that can give you "special skills" (I guess they're like O-Powers, examples are more decorations, the ability to hatch Eggs faster, or raising the level of a select Pokemon), and the more Secret Pals you have, the more special skills you have access to. Capturing Flags also returns from DPPt and brings rewards like improving special skills.

Also, here's some footage from GameXplain.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etj4Po0--QM[/video]

Someone here asked for a jukebox and to work like the GB Sound/Player and the prayers were answered, at least its existence. ;)

I've never been a big fan of secret bases.
I never had one in my original Sapphire run, but with all this new info, I can't wait to make one.

You can be just like Blaine and have a Gym in a cave!
I'm not a fan of the Wifi stuff, but being a Gym Leader AND the Champion sounds cool!

RE: Return of the Secret Base!

CMP said:
As someone who never used this feature in the originals, can someone please explain to me what the huge appeal of Secret Bases is (and why everyone seems enamored with their potential return)? I was never a fan of decorating your room in Gen II, so I'm wondering if that's all there is to do with your Secret Base or if there's an unused feature I'm not aware of.
In my case, (although I loved having my own place and decorate it as I liked) the main reason I liked secret bases was that they provided training spots for me to train my pokemon. A friend and I set ours with high leveled pokemon with no offensive moves so training there was the real deal (imagine how useful that could be for ev training or just leveling up). Hopefuly they'll keep it the same this time around. With all the new wifi features it certainly looks like it's going to be a place to have fun from time to time.

Axell Starr said:
ForeignDude said:
Hopefully they return! Ever since the release of Black/White I've been dreaming of battling an opponent with 6 level 100 Audinos for me to level up so easily.
...i'm going to be that person just to help out others.

Aww... now I want to add you as my friend. That's such a nice attitude dude :)

Jaime Runt said:
CMP said:
As someone who never used this feature in the originals, can someone please explain to me what the huge appeal of Secret Bases is (and why everyone seems enamored with their potential return)? I was never a fan of decorating your room in Gen II, so I'm wondering if that's all there is to do with your Secret Base or if there's an unused feature I'm not aware of.
In my case, (although I loved having my own place and decorate it as I liked) the main reason I liked secret bases was that they provided training spots for me to train my pokemon. A friend and I set ours with high leveled pokemon with no offensive moves so training there was the real deal (imagine how useful that could be for ev training or just leveling up). Hopefuly they'll keep it the same this time around. With all the new wifi features it certainly looks like it's going to be a place to have fun from time to time.

Axell Starr said:
...i'm going to be that person just to help out others.
Aww... now I want to add you as my friend. That's such a nice attitude dude :)

But doesn't Blissey give out more EXP?

Blob55 said:
EVs and Exp are unrelated when it comes to training. EV training is generally the first priority, since once the total EVs hits 510 it doesn't matter what species you battle (though with EVs, opponent level has no impact on gained points. Species and held item [Power item/Macho Brace] are essentially the only things besides Pokerus doubling that effect EVs in a battle). Blissey are, indeed, ideal for Exp training as they are the species that gives the most exp for a single battle [that is not a single/stationary encounter](though they are still not a completely reliable wild encounter. Audino was an exception since it was the only mon that appeared in shaking grass in some areas of B/W/B2/W2), but Exp gain is still dependent on the relatieve level of the opponent. Still, there are easier ways (like leaving a pokemon in the daycare while you AFK in a circular path [IE: Gear Station in gen 5 or the central plaza of Lumiose in X/Y] or using Super Training/Hoard 'abuse' as of gen 6). I don't think Secret Bases are going to replace anything as far as easy leveling/training goes.

We can rotate our decorations, there are stairs and they at least increased the decoration limit to 25+, so yay! I can't wait to test out the new features and see all new decorations.

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned, the Battle Frontier dolls returned. It is no confirmation, but definitely a good sign.

iSharingan said:
Blob55 said:
EVs and Exp are unrelated when it comes to training. EV training is generally the first priority, since once the total EVs hits 510 it doesn't matter what species you battle (though with EVs, opponent level has no impact on gained points. Species and held item [Power item/Macho Brace] are essentially the only things besides Pokerus doubling that effect EVs in a battle). Blissey are, indeed, ideal for Exp training as they are the species that gives the most exp for a single battle [that is not a single/stationary encounter](though they are still not a completely reliable wild encounter. Audino was an exception since it was the only mon that appeared in shaking grass in some areas of B/W/B2/W2), but Exp gain is still dependent on the relatieve level of the opponent. Still, there are easier ways (like leaving a pokemon in the daycare while you AFK in a circular path [IE: Gear Station in gen 5 or the central plaza of Lumiose in X/Y] or using Super Training/Hoard 'abuse' as of gen 6). I don't think Secret Bases are going to replace anything as far as easy leveling/training goes.
... what on earth are you going on about?

Nobody talked about EV:s. It's about leveling up easily.

Audino's base exp yield is 390. Blissey's is 608 (for comparison, Pikachu's is 105).
Actually, even Chansey gives more exp than Audino (395).

Btw., you can multiply that by 1,5 if the Pokémon is owned by a trainer...

If secret base Pokémon can be battled at lv. 100 and they yield exp like normally, it could potentially break the game. If there is something like Exp. O-Power, some specific Pokémon could level up from 1 to well over 80 with one Blissey, if the Pokémon can take the Exp of the Blissey unshared...

Teal said:
[quote-ception removed]
... what on earth are you going on about?

Nobody talked about EV:s. It's about leveling up easily.
For you, indeed it is, but that's not necessarily what every player wants/needs.

First, let me present where EV training was, indeed, mentioned before we get stuck over that point as well:
Jaime Runt said:
imagine how useful that could be for ev training or just leveling up
I was merely pointing out that, for many battlers concerned with EV spreads (and there are a lot of us out there), getting the right EVs take first priority over Exp grinding, which is usually done after the desired EV spread is obtained to eliminate tedious re-training later to remove 'random' or undesired EVs. I wasn't trying to say you or anyone was wrong, I just merely wanted to point out that Blissey has not (at least up until now) been a reliable source of exp due to the difficulty in encountering them without the use of cheats/game modifications. You seemed to be only concerned with exp yield and I wanted to present the other side of training for your consideration as well (since Blissey only gives HP EVs and that's not always ideal for a pokemon). I'm not debating Blissey has the highest exp yield of any single species, as it clearly has, even without the need for exact numbers.

From what I have been reading it looks like the secret bases will be street pass only mode which means local wireless basically. I never really used mine even though I had one though. I think the battle thing is cool but why not do it over Wi-Fi as well? I guess if they did that they would have to pay more or something. Oh well cause eventually they will shut down X and Y too like they just did for the other generations.:)

With the addition of levels, I wonder if they increase even further in order to make a better gym super secret base! I would like for that to be true and not only when having a gym and making battes with base pals (if that's the name).

Damn, now I want to be able to built my own lair of evil (or Zubat cave :p) with multiple levels but going underground!

PS: super secret bases inside cities would also be cool! If Team Rocket, Plasma and Flare can have it why not us?

I think it'd be cool if you could make wild Pokemon appear, sort of like the traps in Team Rocket's hideout in GSC/HGSS in your secret base, and also I think it'd be cool if they made a little hole appear that went into the underground like in DPP and you could play with your friends/steal their flag/get items/etc.

hears a list of the returning secretbase items from the new pictures
Breakable door
Cute TV
Red Plant
Pika Cushion
Tropical plant
Colorful plant
Comfort chair
Smoochum poster
Azumarill cushion
Tire
Brick desk
Pokémon desk
Slide
Ball poster
Snorlax doll
Thunder mat
Attract mat
Azurill doll
Blastoise doll
Charizard doll
Chikorita doll
Cyndaquil doll
Duskull doll
Kecleon doll
Gulpin doll
Mudkip doll
Wide table
Gts globe
Pichu doll
Seedot doll
Small desk
Swablu doll
Togepi doll
Torchic doll
Totodile doll
Treecko doll
Venusaur Doll
Wynaut doll
Blue poster
Red poster
Green poster
Cute poster
Long poster
Sky poster
Trash can
Small Chair
Ragged chair
Stand
Fence width
Heavy table
Red brick
Solid board
Yellow brick
Blue brick
Pika poster
Red tent
Fire blast mat
Glitter mat
Jump mat
Spin mat
Fence length
Gym statue
Pit tool

iSharingan said:
You EV train very well with what we currently have in 10 minutes and then you are like level 20-30. The real time consumer lies in leveling the Pokémon up to 50 for flat rules.

Back