ORAS Return of the Secret Base! New Features?

RE: Return of the Secret Base!

Prince Dedenne said:
ForeignDude said:
Hopefully they return! Ever since the release of Black/White I've been dreaming of battling an opponent with 6 level 100 Audinos for me to level up so easily.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but battling has nothing to do with the return of secret bases. Are you perhaps thinking of something else?

If you connected with someone via a link cable their base could appear in your game. You would be able to battle the person inside the base with whatever team they happened to have at the time when you connected. Not sure on the specifics of how to cause this to happen but I found one of my old friend's bases in my Sapphire version after I connected with them.

Trainer of Shadows said:
If you connected with someone via a link cable their base could appear in your game. You would be able to battle the person inside the base with whatever team they happened to have at the time when you connected. Not sure on the specifics of how to cause this to happen but I found one of my old friend's bases in my Sapphire version after I connected with them.
Okay, thank you. So was the feature in game in which your Pokémon gained experience points during the battle? If so, than I'll understand why they want to battle against six level 100 Audino. :p

Prince Dedenne said:
Okay, thank you. So was the feature in game in which your Pokémon gained experience points during the battle? If so, than I'll understand why they want to battle against six level 100 Audino. :p

Did a little research:

If a player mixes records with other Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald game cartridges, secret bases will copy over between them (even those from other players who have previously mixed records). Inside of secret bases that do not belong to the player, an NPC can be found to represent the person that took that secret base as their own. After the Elite Four have been defeated, the player can battle the NPC, who will have the party of the person who owns that secret base as of the time of record mixing. These battles award money, experience, and all other things that normal battles with NPCs do, but they can only occur once per day, with the time resetting at midnight, and items stolen from the NPC's Pokémon using Thief are not kept afterwards. Should the NPC win, the player will not "black out" and return to the last visited Pokémon Center, nor lose any money.
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Secret_base

ForeignDude said:
Hopefully they return! Ever since the release of Black/White I've been dreaming of battling an opponent with 6 level 100 Audinos for me to level up so easily.
...i'm going to be that person just to help out others.

Axell Starr said:
ForeignDude said:

I was thinking the same thing. :3 I will be that person too.

Also, your avatar is cute. :3 And something about your name seems... familiar.

Dusty Starr said:
Axell Starr said:

I was thinking the same thing. :3 I will be that person too.

Also, your avatar is cute. :3 And something about your name seems... familiar.

Thank ya, and same with your name. I wonder why that is. =]

I do wonder what the secrete base system will be like in the new games. MAybe they'll add new features to it?

I never actually used it much back in the day, because I did not play Gen III until 2012, and... did not have anyone to mix records with. But I am very excited to see what they do with it! I love the online features of the 3DS. :3 Mostly.

I really hope that we can register teams like mentioned, with passerbys and our friends. Would be kind of like the Dark Links in Link Between Worlds.

I personally hope for more decorations! As an Animal Crossing fan, I love playing room decorator. X3 Huh, this gives me an idea...

Feng Shui for your Secret Bases. The harmony of your room can affect your chance of getting shinies, good IVs, rare pokemon, and such. Kinda like how it works in AC. Thoughts? :3

2012? That's sad. I started playing g3 shortly before the g1 remakes were released.

I just mixed records with myself, since I had 2 gameboys.I think they'll make mixing records an automatic thing, so that it happens when you streetpass someone that's also plying the game.

Never got into the animal crossing games. Tried playing one once, and couldn't hold my attention. ^^;

I went through that phase where I got out of Pokemon like a lot of people did after Gen II. Did not really come back until around Gen V, though I played Emerald before I actually played White. But yes, it is. ;~; The GBA was a great little system, wish I used it more back in the day.

Either way, I am sure it will be automatic, and that's fine of course, everyone has their own tastes. X3 But it would be pretty cool if the harmony of your base could make it more likely to get shinies and other such things. But with the limited amount of items (hopefully they make more!), that might be hard to pull off...

I guess I'm weird. I've never fallen out.

Maybe they'll add little missions to do for the player? As in, in BW when you played with someone near by, you could do missions like bring them a max repel, or great ball. Maybe those will return in some form of an addiion for the secret bases? Maybe send a message to them that'll be sent the next time you pass them?

Please stay on-topic guys! Personal conversations should be taken to profile message or PM. Thank you!

RE: Return of the Secret Base! What will it be like? Will there be new features?

I was just playing Emerald and going to the Lilycove museum, remembering that after completing the curator's quest (which I never managed to complete) we would receive a glass ornament and I've remembered that I would like to have some secret base decorations tied up with the ancient ruins and Regis, perhaps a statue of each, a stone Pkball stand (as the one in the museum), Relicanth and Wailord statues made of stone, a statue with the game's mascot.

Btw, our secret base (and/or our room) should have some plate where we could access our Hall of Fame!

PS: secret bases should always have some berry fields near!

Nostalgia is strong in this thread, I too hope for secret bases, but streetpass and the millions of bases I don't think would work somehow.

Good news for Secret Base fans, check out the patch of land below the bridge on this screenshot:

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/_ui/img/_en/june/screenshots/EN_V1_p30_04-05_pdp.jpg

Bolt the Cat said:
Good news for Secret Base fans, check out the patch of land below the bridge on this screenshot:

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/_ui/img/_en/june/screenshots/EN_V1_p30_04-05_pdp.jpg

was just gonna post that!

but everyone probably expected them anyway O:

You can't actually see it in that picture, but you can see it in this one:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/steven6.jpg

Even if we assumed they'd come back, I'm still super excited about it. I feel like, in many ways,this remake is gonna be everything Gen 3 was supposed to be the first time around with the online capabilities and everything. So now that we can almost completely confirm that secret bases are coming back, the real question is gonna be how much they will improve. I wonder if the decorating style will be more similar to the pokemon Amie decorating feature? I mean, after all, we don't necessarily have to place items in a square grid now, we can move in circles.

They'll probably keep the square grid, as much as I'd like it to (partly) go. We still move according to a square grid as far as I know, they just added diagonal movement. It is aesthetically less pleasing, but I doubt they can get rid of it now. I do hope they remove it (or make a smaller grid) for some objects like the Pokédolls so that we can clutter them a bit more, that way they don't look so lonely. I doubt it will happen tough.
Regarding the placement of furniture and objects, the only things I would consider missed chances and (extremely) backward is the lack of the ability to rotate stuff and the return of the 16 (or was it 18?) decoration limit. Sadly this is Pokémon, so my hopes aren't that high.

Some of the towns in Kalos feature houses with small height differences, I would like to see some secret bases with such height differences. It makes the rooms a bit more lively and also separates the room in several spaces without actually using walls and if your into that kind of thing, the difference between high and low can also serve numerous symbolic functions.
Of course it would be nice if we could make those height differences ourselves if they allow us to create (or edit) our rooms, of course with strict limits and high costs, but I'm well aware that such options will probably never exist in a Pokémon game.

For me the one of the most important parts of the potential new features is the decoration. I assume they will at least recreate most if not all of the content from Emerald (Battle Frontier stuff) and of course that will have enormous nostalgic value, but I can't wait to see what new toys we get to play with. Personally I hope we will get more furniture and decoration, like bookcases, sofas, larger chairs, lamps, etc... The more the merrier. I would love it if most things came in different styles and sizes, perhaps with the ability to change the colors of your furniture, but that is probably too much to ask for.
I expect the largest amount of the new content to come from new Pokédolls, even if it is not necessarily something I love, it is nice to collect them and a good way to show your stuff. More gimmicky and interactive decoration is also nice, I would especially like one or two new series of Note Maps.

Of course there should be something with Streetpass, online, etc. bit, but other people already covered that and I don't have much to add.

Aerodactyl said:
You can't actually see it in that picture, but you can see it in this one:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/steven6.jpg

Even if we assumed they'd come back, I'm still super excited about it. I feel like, in many ways,this remake is gonna be everything Gen 3 was supposed to be the first time around with the online capabilities and everything. So now that we can almost completely confirm that secret bases are coming back, the real question is gonna be how much they will improve. I wonder if the decorating style will be more similar to the pokemon Amie decorating feature? I mean, after all, we don't necessarily have to place items in a square grid now, we can move in circles.

For me, that pretty much confirms it for me. Secret bases are back, hell yeah. This time, I'm actually going to collect enough ash for the crystal items, just because i can.

Axell Starr said:
For me, that pretty much confirms it for me. Secret bases are back, hell yeah. This time, I'm actually going to collect enough ash for the crystal items, just because i can.

This so much.

I honestly cannot wait to see what gf will do with the secret bases feature, I don't think we're going to get a carbon copy of what was in r/s/e because in all past remakes some features have been changed.

The inclusion of my favourite feature as a child makes me want these games so much!

Kyoshi_ said:
Axell Starr said:

This so much.

I honestly cannot wait to see what gf will do with the secret bases feature, I don't think we're going to get a carbon copy of what was in r/s/e because in all past remakes some features have been changed.

The inclusion of my favourite feature as a child makes me want these games so much!

After seeing that the evil teams story will remain pretty much the same thing from S/R, my hopes are now far from high. :(

Back