Retaliation

Emvee

Aspiring Trainer
RMT #1: [RU] Spiritomb
RMT #2: [UU] Volt Turn

2ymbvo3.jpg

----------------------------------------

9vb09i.jpg

Hey everyone. So here's the latest OU team I've been using nowadays. Since I'm not using it as much anymore due to the fact that I've made myself a stronger team, I felt I should post it. It's a very very solid Hyper Offense team made by me, and for all of you Hyper Offense players out there, consider this a treat. If you're not that experienced in Hyper Offense, look at this as a way to possibly improve in this play style. Anyways, this team peaked around 1400 points on Beta in a short period of time. This team also got me to the #1 rank on a server called The Battle Tower. But yeah, let's get to the team. Feel free to try it out, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

14u8dpx.jpg

649.gif
639.gif
386-defense.gif
132.gif
094.gif
149.gif

2hcpzth.jpg

2e693k1.jpg

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Welcome to BW2, where Genesect roams the land free in search of its prey. Genesect is one of the first Pokemon that came to mind when making this team. I needed a fast Pokemon that can function as a scouter, with high offensive capabilities. With a very great and very diverse movepool, Genesect makes a great choice for this team. U-Turn of course is designed to falter your opponent's predictions, especially when they think you're going to use a different move. It gives the team some momentum which is also very good. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower give Genesect good move diversity, allowing you to hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Landorus, Scizor, Dragonite, Gyarados, Tentacruel, etc etc etc. With great speed and offensive capabilities, it's surely a powerhouse on your team.

21kksa9.jpg

Deoxys (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Deoxys-D's fast hazard set allows me to set up my own hazards while preventing opponent Pokemon from setting hazards with Taunt. Stealth Rock and Spikes are very essential on decent Hyper Offense teams because your heavy offense will probably cause your opponent to switch a lot, and hazards just make it easier for you to KO your opponent (while at the same time breaking Sash). Night Shade is so that you don't become completely useless against Pokemon that Taunt you or Sub and try and set up. It's got a bit of bulk which can be useful at times, but overall the point of this Pokemon is to get hazards up as quickly as you can. Rocky Helmet is good if you need to finish off a weakened physical attacker, or if you wanna throw in some extra damage on a switch into Close Combat or something like that. Very good Pokemon though; a must have for this team.

334qahd.jpg

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This set is probably the deadliest Terrakion set I've ever seen. After 1 Sub and 1 SD, you OHKO Jellicent, sometimes Gliscor, Celebi, Skarmory (after SR), etc all with Stone Edge boosted with Rock Gem. Makes for perfect kills against Terrakions top counters. It shatters walls quite easy, and usually if your opponent doesn't have a counter, its pretty much gg. If Deoxys-D is threatened by a Dark type move like Tyranitar's Crunch or something like that Terrakion makes a good Pokemon to switch into since it gets that +1 boost from Justified. Either way, this thing is probably my favorite Physical sweeper of them all, which is why it deserves a spot on this team.

2v9rbpv.jpg

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Transform

Here's the cute little guy everyone's been seeing around lately. Scarf Ditto allows me to stop Pokemon trying to sweep me, and hopefully sweeping the opponent's team in return. It's very useful because it also copies abilities, so if you time it right, you can counter Pokemon like Heatran, Specs Jolteon, Scarf Thunderus-T, etc. Stats are also copied which is extremely useful, especially if you want to try and sweep an opponent after they set up Dragon Dances, Sword Dance, etc. Choice Scarf of course allows me to outspeed any Pokemon, and speedtie with other Scarfed Pokemon. Ditto was in fact the inspiration to build this team, which is why he is on this team in the first place.

2rmxth0.jpg

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Gengar is very good to this team because it has Ground immunities, acts as an anti-spinner so that my hazards can stay, and can outspeed most scarf Pokemon due to it having Choice Scarf. It's is rather tricky because opponent Weavile and Tornadus-T are like "wtf how did you outspeed me!" Haha but yeah this thing is another great revenge killer. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are both necessary to take care of Ghost and Steel Types. HP Ice allows you to revenge kill Scarf Salamence and other Ground/Flying Types. Psychic is for extra coverage which helps against Fighting and Poison Pokemon like Conkeldurr, Keldeo, Tentacruel, etc.

m9b0r7.jpg

Dragonite (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 8 HP / 64 Atk / 240 SAtk / 196 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

This is perhaps my favorite Dragonite set to use nowadays. MixNite acts as a wallbreaker, being able to hit physical walls like Skarmory and Gliscor, and Ferrothorn with Fire Blast and Draco Meteor respectively, and special walls like Heatran and Chansey/Blissey with Superpower. ExtremeSpeed of course is useful for finishing off already weakened Pokemon. The EV's allow you to outspeed and KO Pokemon like Standard Bulky Rotom-W, Celebi, Breloom, etc etc etc. Dragonite gets rid of the rest of the teams weaknesses, which is why I've chosen him for this team.

f3dvyh.jpg

So that about wraps up this team. Like I said, it's a very good team which has really worked out for me. Hope you guys enjoy it though, and any kind of comment about the team would be greatly appreciated and encouraged. Spoiler included down below for all you team testers, so without further ado, peace guys! :]

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Deoxys (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Transform

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

credit to the internet for the images
credit to me for the fancy titles
credit to whoever else needs it

It looks good. I like Deoxys' moves. You really got a good team! :D
Your strategy seems good,too.
I'm a newbie at teams...so if I say something wrong,please don't judge hard...:/
I'm thinking maybe changing Rock Gem to any item that powers-up Rock moves for all the battle?

use trick over psychic on gengar

or just change gengar to a subsplit set, as you already have 2 scarfers

@Sandvich: Thanks for the rate! Rock Gem is important though because it lets me OHKO Jellicent, Celebi, Gliscor, etc with Stone Edge all after SD.

@PDC: Psychic gives me some extra coverage against Fighting/Poison Pokemon, plus the scarf is gimmicky which gives me some extra kills. Not going to get rid of scarf since it works really well on this team but will probably give Trick a shot. Thanks!

One thing I'm going to recommend is Roost on Dragonite over either Superpower of Fire Blast. Dragonite's really the only thing you have to take Hydro Pumps from Politoed and Keldeo, and without any form of recovery or a Rapid Spinner he won't be last long. Superpower especially seems kind of redundant with you already having Terrakion.

Also, this is preference, but Scarf Starmie fits better for me over Gengar. Starmie gives you about the same coverage as Gengar, and lets you get off the Spin to keep Dragonite alive. It also lets you abuse Rain with one of the fastest boosted Hydro Pumps in the game.

Hope this helps, sorry its so late. GL!

Since I got you to rate my UU team, I think owe you one. :). But I am abhorrent at Hyper Offense teams so...feel free to ignore whatever advice I might give.

I agree with Trick > Psychic on Gengar, I think the benefits here are great. I also, personally, don't like 3 scarfers either.

I personally might try a Double Dance set on Terrakion instead of a Substitute one. Similarily to Double Dance Haxorys, you would Swords Dance against bulkier teams, and Rock Polish against offensive and frailer ones. This would make up for the speed you lose by swapping Gengar from a Scarf set. I might try a Life Orb set on Gengar, or maybe even Expert Belt to bluff a choice scarf. I also think with Rock Polish on Terrakion, you could use either HP Fire or THunderbolt on Gengar isntead of HP Ice. Hope Iwas somewhat useful, although I probably wasn't.

@Chillarmy: Superpower is essential for Pokemon like Heatran and Chansey. Fire Blast is essential for Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. Roost isn't needed since I'm going with power over survivability. Draco Meteor 2 hit KO's Politoed. To take Hydro Pump, I have Dragonite, Deoxys-D, and possibly Ditto, all of which outspeed the turn they get in. Dragonite can successfully counter non HP Ice Keldeo's. Genesect, Gengar, and Ditto can both check it. As for the Starmie idea, Gengar is very essential to anti spin hazards, since Deoxys-D is vulnerable to being KO'd at some point in the match, and I want to make sure hazards stay on the opponent's side for the duration of the battle. If I can get Stealth Rocks and perhaps a few layers of spikes, and get Gengar to keep blocking opponent's Rapid Spin, I can pretty much outplay the opponent fairly easily no matter what kind of hazards are on my side. Thanks for the rate though buddy :]

@One Approved: Hey friend! :] Trick of course is a great idea and I'll definitely give that a shot. The idea of a 3-scarf team fits the theme of Retaliation, and it works for the entirety of the team so I have no complaints about using them, especially since this is a Hyper Offensive team. I like the idea of Double Dance Terrakion, however, Substitute is essential to evade Pokemon that think they can Status my Terrakion with Tox, Willo, or T-Wave. It's also good to get a free SD in if your opponent mispredicts or switches out of something. Scarf Gengar is a true bluff in my opinion, since you can outspeed so many things with it that you normally can't. You can't really bluff with Expert Belt Gengar because everyone mostly uses Life Orb or Black Sludge, and it will raise suspicion if your opponent doesn't see that effect. HP Fire is great for Pokemon like Ferro and Scizor, but I wouldn't usually leave it out on those since I'm prone to Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball. I like HP Ice because it gives me another Pokemon to revenge kill against those annoying 4Drag2Mag teams. T-Bolt can help against Gyarados, but then again it's not as big of a threat to the team as Salamence is, which is why I prefer HP Ice. You did bring some good points to the table though so thank you very much for that! :] Thanks for the rate!

Deoxys-D vs. Keldeo
Specs/+1 Keldeo vs. Deoxys D w/o Rain
Hydro Pump: 195-229 (64.14 - 75.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specs/+1 Keldeo vs. Deoxys D with Rain
Hydro Pump: 289-342 (95.06 - 112.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Unboosted Keldeo vs. Deoxys D in Rain
Hydro Pump: 130-154 (42.76 - 50.65%) -- 55.86% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Deoxys D vs. SpecsToed
Hydro Pump: 166-196 (54.6 - 64.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Deoxys D is going to be very hard pressed to switch in, as well as taking prior damage/fainting from setting up entry hazards. Ditto... is honestly extremely predictable and most teams have at least one hard counter to Keldeo and Politoed (Latias, Toxicroak, Jellicent etc). You really need Roost over Superpower. If people are switching their Chanseys and Heatrans, you can easily predict the switch and double switch to Terrakion.

I usually I lead with Genesect against Specstoed and U-Turn (which does around 50%) and switch into Dnite. Specs Toed doesn't do all that much cuz of multiscale, and i usually finish it off with a Draco. I'll definitely try Roost though since as you say, Dnite might need a form of recovery against heavy damage water pokemon. But yeah try out the team for yourself when you get the chance and see if you can work around Specs Toed and Keldeo with what's already there, because damage calcs and statistics are only one part of it: the other part is the users prediction level and how you can adapt to the situation, which I have been doing. :] Thanks for all your help friend.

Must say this:
Hyper Offense = 1 supporter (Double Screen/Hazard) + 5 set up sweepers (either all physical or all special)

So this more Heavy Offense. Yeah I know I suck :p

I really like the team so I have only small suggestions.

Trick>Psychic as it is more usable and most Conkeldurr will run thinking it is SubDisable.

PsychoBoost over Night Shade on Deoxys.

If you are going to use Roost on DNite I would suggest replacing ESpeed as I think both SPower and FBlast are needed for the MixNite.

@Shadow Scyther:

Umm... no. It is Hyper Offense. See Eternal's HO team for example: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?12020-Remodeled-Hyper-Offense-(Peaked-1-1704)&p=141727

Yeah the suggestions for Trick Gar are good and are already mentioned.

Psycho Boost is a good option someone on another forum recommended it to me and that's actually what I'm running right now so thank you for mentioning that. :]

Absolutely not going to replace Extremespeed since it helps me finish off already weakened Pokemon and is the only Priority move for this team.

Thank for the rate!

If somebody calls it Hyper Offense doesnt mean it is. I rememer mostwanted from Smogon having a good RMT also calling it Hyper Offense which it wasn't. Hyper Offense has 5 set up sweepers of the same kind to break through opponents wall and than procced to sweep the team.

Oh ok well I kinda don't see how it matters though lol. It's an offensive team one way or another that's all that really matters to me. '-'

:) Well thank you. Haha I saw about a dozen people playing with my team on the main PO server (cuz i posted it their forums) looks like they enjoyed it lol.

Emvee said:
:) Well thank you. Haha I saw about a dozen people playing with my team on the main PO server (cuz i posted it their forums) looks like they enjoyed it lol.

I'm playtesting it atm, and I'll edit with some feedback.

Ok, so I playtested this team, and I found out that rain teams kinda is an issue. So I'm gonna just post my changes which seemed to work well for me.

I changed Gengar to the Sub Disable one, which really seemed to help the team out, shutting down sweeper quite easily. SubDisable Gengar would be something I definitely would recommend. I also changed the D Nite set, (See below) I used Roost, and Hurricane to sweep rain teams, and it was really effective.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost

Because throwing a weather-reliant move on a weatherless team is always the best idea. Yeah right. >_>

@Chillarmy: Thanks you! :] looking forward to hearing back from you.

@Martini: Thanks for the rate buddy but 3 things I gotta point out,

#1: Never ever run Modest on Sub Disable Gengar, you need the speed to outspeed or Sub+Disable certain threats.
#2: You shouldn't simply use Hurricane on a weather-less team for the sake of countering weather (rain in this case). If you absolutely can't take care of Politoed try Thunderbolt over Fire Blast, which functions in many situations like against Skarmory, Gyarados, etc. and isn't weather reliant. But like I said before if you know what you're doing there shouldn't be a problem with using the current Dragonite set I already have. :)
#3. What ComfortEagle said lol.

Back