Restarting TCG

Syn_

Formerly FatalAeroX
I am considering starting TCG all over again..but I have no clue about the deck strategies nowadays..I need a decent deck if I really restart TCG again..Not too expensive decks...

Any advice on what are some decent decks and care providing the decklist and why?

Note: I stopped before HG/SS if I'm not mistaken..All I remembered is that I stopped at the end of the DP/PT set..

Ooookay. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deck_archetype_(TCG)
It WILL cost money if you want even a somewhat-competitive deck. Restarting is really tough (I've done it several times... ugh), but keep in mind it'll take some money and time.

These are some cheap competitive decks you could use:

Sablock (Sableye SF with Garchomp C X...Garchomp C X comes in a tin, and most of the main Pokemon are uncommons)
Vilegar (Spiritomb's a league promo, Vileplume and Gengar aren't too expensive, your most expensive card will be Gengar Lv. X)

Of course, I play rogue, so I never spend more than 50 dollars on a new deck...

It may seem hard to build a lot of decks at first, so you could always use proxies (Good proxy website: www.bebessearch.com) but once you get a lot of packs over time (never get singles unless they are from comic book shops...they are more expensive and never have anything good in them. Always buy promo packs/boxes) and buy cards for decks, you'll usually be only a few cards away from building a new deck.

Hmm...for Vilegar which Spiritomb, Vileplume and Gengar are you talking about? IIRC, I still have my Gengar Lvl.X from my Gengar deck..xD

BTW, Anyone know any like weekly leagues in Banbury, Oxfordshire in the UK? Because I'm studying somewhere there..

EDIT:
What is the current format? MD-on?

I prefer to run 3 Gengar SF though, since it only has 110 HP...But it really comes down to playtesting, and popular decks in your area.

Scizor said:
Restarting is really tough (I've done it several times... ugh)
You and me both, I've left the game and came back like 4-5 times now...lol
But if you want info on what the top decks are just look at the Nationals and Worlds Winner's...
Good Luck and Welcome Back! :D

Back