Restarted Collecting. Where to get older generation cards?

Linious

Aspiring Trainer
Collected for a long time in the 90s. Got the full first generation, all 150 in some form or another. Stopped about 18 cards away from the full second generation. Just bought a couple packs yesterday and they only had the current generation in them. Just wondering if I can still get the 2nd and 3rd generation of pokemon in current booster packs. If not then not much point in me waisting money to collect something that will never be complete, without buying individually off amazon or eBay for rediculous prices. Thank you for your help.

Yeah you can, for instance in the dragons exalted set which is the 2nd most recent english set card number 1 is a hoppip which is a 2nd generation pokemon, obviously not all 2nd generation pokemon are in the newer sets but a selection will be, you can buy cheap singles on eBay in mint condition you just need to look around and find good sellers

If you are looking to complete earlier generations, you're much better singles off buying from eBay or TrollandToad. Newer booster packs focus on the latest, 5th generation of Pokémon. I'm not sure which cards you're missing, but I can tell you that it's unlikely you'll be able to pull the cards you need out of a new booster pack. Alternatively, you can try your luck with older booster packs off eBay. Sometimes they're not all that expensive although you need to be careful to buy from a trusted seller that doesn't sell weighed packs.

Look here for some more advice.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-collecting-how-do-i-start-and-what-s-worth-collecting

You also trade for old cards, here at PokéBeach.

You trying to collect the 2nd Generation while trying not to spend so much money? GOOD LUCK... I was like you and stopped for awhile and then got back in, and then I remember how much I loved the Neo sets and never got several cards I wanted. Now it's at a INSANE price. I remember seeing Neo Discovery boxes go for 200-300$ and I though "damn that's expensive... oh well just wait for another one and I'll get it." Couple of months later. ...400$?! Sadly I jumped on that and bought a couple of old boxes. Neo Discovery, Aquapolis and Skyridge. Trying to fit Expedition in there but we're talking 1600$ worth of boxes. >_>;;

You're much better off buying singles and settling for the conditions they're in. They're so old they won't be that good looking but it's still better than paying 300-400$ for packs.

I will have some cards listed on my eBay and for trade sometime in the future. Once I finish paying off the boxes of course... they were nice enough to wait for me to pay it off, but they ain't happy.

3rd Generation isn't too bad just yet... I think Delta Species, Power Keepers and such are still in the mid 100's but stuff like FireRed Leafgreen, Unseen Forces will cost over 400$. That's cause of cards like Charizard ex and Lugia ex, people would buy boxes to find those cards. And now.. .they're almost gone. A year from now a few more will pop up. At the price of... 600$. Neo's? Maybe 800$. :D

Those lucky hoarders. >_>;;

You can tell by my rant that I've spent a good amount of money trying to finish a complete 2nd Generation.

Back