• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshitrode - needs some work : /

Anitsuki

Aspiring Trainer
A deck I've been fiddling around with for the last few weeks. Still a little wonky, but its starting to feel more consistent. Figured I'd finally post something to get some advice and some techs.

Pokemon (13)

3-3 Electrode Prime
3 Reshiram EX
1 Terrakion NV
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Cleffa
1 Shaymin UL

Trainers/Supporters (32)

2 Twins
4 Pokemon Collectors
2 N
2 PONT
2 Juniper
3 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Eviolite
2 Research Record
2 Black Belts
3 Junk Arm
2 Switch
2 Pokegear
1 Super Rod

Energy (15)

3 {R}
4 DCE
4 Prism Energy ND
4 Rainbow Energy

The Deck runs pretty consistently.The energy line-up needs a bit of a tweak. I'd like to run more basic energy to try and avoid things like Scizor Prime and whatnot. I also feel some of the Pokemon could be moved around. I'm still relatively new to the game, I'm just looking to have a deck ready for states in a few weeks that can be semi competitive. Any advice would be great. :p

Try heavy ball and maybe kyurem EX also if u can shove more basic energy in instead of special try Exp share or even shaymin UL but it does come down to preference.

Electrode decks are all mish-mashes of pokemon able to counter your area's metagame. Tell us what's your metagame like and we could help you.
If it is the classical one (ZekEels and Celebi-Tornadus-Mewtwo), I'd suggest to take out Kyurem (useless atm) and put instead 1 or 2 Terrakion, and Shaymin (always cool in these kind of decks). Oh, and take those Lost Removers off: they're really cool, but if you won't pop at the second turn maximum it will be a tough game, believe me.

Try cutting some energy for more twins to take advantage of electrode. Might want some more drawing power too,

Darkrai909 said:
Try heavy ball and maybe kyurem EX also if u can shove more basic energy in instead of special try Exp share or even shaymin UL but it does come down to preference.

Ive messed with Kyurem EX in previous builds with this deck and I find him to be a bit useless seeing as even if i do get rid of a special energy on a Mewtwo EX (because they are so rampant as of right know where I play), If they just so happen to have another DCE he still one shots him. As for the heavy balls I'm not so sure I need them seeing as i already run 4 Collectors. But I do agree with the Shaymin UL. He'd be a good card to get in a pinch where I need to transfer energy.

Balboa said:
Electrode decks are all mish-mashes of pokemon able to counter your area's metagame. Tell us what's your metagame like and we could help you.
If it is the classical one (ZekEels and Celebi-Tornadus-Mewtwo), I'd suggest to take out Kyurem (useless atm) and put instead 1 or 2 Terrakion, and Shaymin (always cool in these kind of decks). Oh, and take those Lost Removers off: they're really cool, but if you won't pop at the second turn maximum it will be a tough game, believe me.

The meta around here is basically people with Mewtwo variant decks. Lots of Celebi/Mewtwo EX, Some Hydregion/Eels, ZekEeels, and Mew Prime decks. Not very many durant or rogue decks. As for your suggestion for taking Kyurem NV out, I'd like to hear your reasoning behind it because I find him nice when I need a spread to weaken Mewtwo EX or any of the other EX's to where I can OHKO them with Resh EX. The lost removers help with that as well just in case of special metals/DCEs/Prisms/Rainbows etc. to lessen the blow back or just decrease reduction in damage. Shaymin UL i have considered putting in the deck as well as Terrakion. Another suggestion that was made to me was putting in 1 RDL if i did switch up the energy to more basics so it doesn't drop all the energy after the attack just for Mewtwo's since I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing quite a bit of him at states.

Jirachi said:
Try cutting some energy for more twins to take advantage of electrode. Might want some more drawing power too,

I do want to put in another Twins but wouldn't cutting energy reduce my chances of a good energymite? As for more draw power I totally agree but I cant see where cuts should be made without dropping the consistency of the deck.

Anitsuki said:
The meta around here is basically people with Mewtwo variant decks. Lots of Celebi/Mewtwo EX, Some Hydregion/Eels, ZekEeels, and Mew Prime decks. Not very many durant or rogue decks. As for your suggestion for taking Kyurem NV out, I'd like to hear your reasoning behind it because I find him nice when I need a spread to weaken Mewtwo EX or any of the other EX's to where I can OHKO them with Resh EX. The lost removers help with that as well just in case of special metals/DCEs/Prisms/Rainbows etc. to lessen the blow back or just decrease reduction in damage. Shaymin UL i have considered putting in the deck as well as Terrakion. Another suggestion that was made to me was putting in 1 RDL if i did switch up the energy to more basics so it doesn't drop all the energy after the attack just for Mewtwo's since I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing quite a bit of him at states.
With this build Mewtwo is probably gonna bother you. You could consider a couple of Black Belt, to kill both Mewtwo EX and Zekrom EX easily and, in case you won't have enough energies to use the 150 dmg attack, to hit for 90/130 damages with the first.
Kyurem is really cool in a metagame like the last one, with Magnezone and Chandelure. Now it's pointless. Against Celebi-Basics they only need to put some Eviolites on the field, against ZekEel they'll send you a nice Zekrom EX to one-shot your Kyurem and Mew Prime will poison you with Severe Poison. No, Kyurem isn't needed anymore.
Lost Remover is not bad, I know. well, if you can pop Electrode at the second turn using LR too, no problem, keep them. If the times you pop t3 are more than the ones at t2, I'd change a bit the build...
RDL? It's not bad, but be careful with him cuz you give up 1-2 prizes with Electrode for sure, and RDL goes down pretty quickly in this metagame. Anyway, it's a great card, we have to admit: again, if you can manage it, use it.

Balboa said:
With this build Mewtwo is probably gonna bother you. You could consider a couple of Black Belt, to kill both Mewtwo EX and Zekrom EX easily and, in case you won't have enough energies to use the 150 dmg attack, to hit for 90/130 damages with the first.
Kyurem is really cool in a metagame like the last one, with Magnezone and Chandelure. Now it's pointless. Against Celebi-Basics they only need to put some Eviolites on the field, against ZekEel they'll send you a nice Zekrom EX to one-shot your Kyurem and Mew Prime will poison you with Severe Poison. No, Kyurem isn't needed anymore.
Lost Remover is not bad, I know. well, if you can pop Electrode at the second turn using LR too, no problem, keep them. If the times you pop t3 are more than the ones at t2, I'd change a bit the build...
RDL? It's not bad, but be careful with him cuz you give up 1-2 prizes with Electrode for sure, and RDL goes down pretty quickly in this metagame. Anyway, it's a great card, we have to admit: again, if you can manage it, use it.

Originally the deck did have black belts instead of lost removers. But the problem was that I found myself having to use supporters in order to keep up with a fresh hand. Since I've switched to lost removers its kind of a hit and miss as well. They only help me stall out in the beginning by slowing Mewtwo or some other EX down a turn. So as of today I'm going to switch out the removers again and run the 2 Black Belts I ran in a previous build of this deck. And maybe one more Twins somewhere. Want some Pokegears too, just dont know where to fit them in.

For now these are the changes to the deck so far:
-2 Kyurem NV (I've noticed its uselessness in my deck when playing against EX decks, but it does have a bit of an edge against low HP/back board rogue decks)
-2 Lost Removers
-2 Water Energy

+1 Shaymin UL
+1 Terrakion NV (For those pesky Zeks and revenge kills on big beefies)
+2 Black Belts
+2 Fire Energy

If anyone can think of a way to fit in some Pokegears or another Twins lemme know. Might remove 1 energy.

You can remove 2 Level Balls. Playing this deck, I found 2 are perfect to get Voltorb/Electrode/Shaymin when I want them (I also use A LOT of draw supporters, and every time I run my deck out). Use those 2 slots to add 2 Pokegears, they're peachy here.

Put in the Pokegear and they help tremendously. Though dropping the level balls below 3 feels a bit iffy. : /

Deck has been updated as well.

Back