• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiram EX/Emboar... with Mewtwo EX

The_Joker

Machamp Freak
I decided to make a Reshiboar EX deck for Masters because it fits in the budget of this month if I plan on buying a Mewtwo EX. If it won't work as planned, I have the next month's budget for making a ZekEel (with the bought Mewtwo EX), a Durant or a Quad Terrakion (because there are 2 good ZekEels in my meta already).

The idea is simple. Setup Emboar and attack with Reshiram (EX) as soon as possible. Cleffa is the starter and Mewtwo EX is a selfcounter.

Pokemon (12)
2x Reshiram EX (ND 22)
1x Reshiram (ND 21)
1x Mewtwo EX (ND 54)
2x Emboar (BW 20)
2x Pignite (BW 17)
3x Tepig (BW 15)
1x Cleffa (HGSS 17)

Trainer (35)
3x Pokemon Collector
4x Professor Oak's New Theory
2x Professor Juniper
2x N
1x Cilan
4x Junk Arm
3x Heavy Ball
1x Pokemon Communication
2x Rare Candy
3x Pokemon Catcher
2x Switch
2x Super Scoop Up
2x Eviolite
2x Pokegear 3.0
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Super Rod

Energy (13)
4x DCE
9x Fire Energy

In my metagame there are currently dominating a couple of Zekom/Tornadus/Eel decks (without Mewtwo at the moment), Tyram decks, a Durant deck and a friend is planning on making himself a CMT in the near future. So I was wondering on teching out this deck a bit.

I believe I don't need the Fliptini in the deck since it's automatically Catcher-bait. That's why I have two Eviolite (but would like three) and two Super Scoop Up since it is easier to set up via Emboar after a successful flip. All of it is easily recoverable with Junk Arm.

RE: Reshiboar EX with Mewtwo EX

I was wondering how to implant the Victini, but he feels like a Catcher-bait so I excluded him from the first list. Also I feel a bit insecure with only three Attacker cards in the deck, even though I will use only three.

I think regular reshiram may work too well in this deck. Also try adding another mewtwo since I've seen it help a lot and a fisherman since it works well. To fit these in try
-1 reshiram EX (2 may be enough)
-2 super scoop up (I think only 1 is needed)
-1 heavy ball (to make room)

+1 mewtwo EX
+1 reshiram
+1 fisherman
+1 N (good drawing supporter)

Jirachi said:
I think regular reshiram may work too well in this deck. Also try adding another mewtwo since I've seen it help a lot and a fisherman since it works well. To fit these in try
-1 reshiram EX (2 may be enough)
-2 super scoop up (I think only 1 is needed)
-1 heavy ball (to make room)

+1 mewtwo EX
+1 reshiram
+1 fisherman
+1 N (good drawing supporter)

I'd like to add in another Mewtwo EX, but I only have the budget for one. Should I leave the Reshi EX instead of the Mew2 EX or maybe add Regigigas EX as an option?

It's your preference really. I'd actually use it for another catcher since it works well.

I think the Reshie EX is not the play here. The Reshie BW is a decent counter to Mewtwo, as it discard energy for you, and does not suffer recoil. Then you dont need Fliptini.

Drop the 3 Reshi EX for 3 Reshie BW, and beg/steal/borrow for a 2nd Mewtwo EX

In what i have seen, around 1 reshiram EX is actually kind of helpful because of its high damage output and high hp. At least, from what I have seen, around 1 works pretty well.

Made new changes to the deck. The current decklist is on the top of the thread.

Any ideas on how to make this deck work better? Thinking on adding a third Reshiram EX and 2 Victinies.

Are you having any problems getting the energy you need in the mid to late game? One fully loaded Reshiram EX into the discard and close to half your basic energies could go with it. I would consider a Fisherman or a few Energy Retrievals.

The only thing that i see is to
-1 emboar(i feel that two is enough)

+1 reshiram(just to have another attacker)
Hope i helped =)

Please specify what sets and card numbers your Pokemon are (Reshiram, Tepig/Pignite/Emboar).

Here's some changes I'd make to the deck

-1 DCE (DCE isn't that useful once you have an Emboar out)
-1 Pokegear 3.0
-1 Pignite (change it into a 3rd Rare Candy)

+1 Reshiram BW (it's still a solid attacker in this deck)
+1 Plus Power (you never know when you might need it)
+1 Rare Candy (it's better then setting it up through the stage 1)
Does this help any? Or did I just completely waist your time?
P.S. Go Machamp! ^_^d

-1 Pignite

+1 Mewtwo EX

Hey, Machamp the Champion, the DCE is needed, it's Mewtwo's engine pretty much, the amount makes it easier to draw and also, when Mewtwo has one, you go first and attach one, and OHKO 40HP and 30HP pokemon.

Machamp the Champion said:
Here's some changes I'd make to the deck

-1 DCE (DCE isn't that useful once you have an Emboar out)
-1 Pokegear 3.0
-1 Pignite (change it into a 3rd Rare Candy)

+1 Reshiram BW (it's still a solid attacker in this deck)
+1 Plus Power (you never know when you might need it)
+1 Rare Candy (it's better then setting it up through the stage 1)
Does this help any? Or did I just completely waist your time?
P.S. Go Machamp! ^_^d

I'm always switching the Pignite for a Rare Candy because sometimes I need the RC, sometimes the Pignite. I evolve mostly through Pignite because in that way I never fail to get at least T3 Emboar.
I plan on keeping the 4th DCE since I need it dor 2x Reshiram EX and 1x Mewtwo EX. They each need one, but the 4th is here to easily draw them. Another Reshiram would be heplful, but then I'd have to make the deck Reshiram-Friendly and add more Energy Retrievals, for what I don't have enough space. I tried it out without changing the basic form of the deck and it did not work. But your Plus Power idea is nice, though. I'll put it in place of a Pokemon Communication, that could be nice (since I found the card not that useful next to 3x Heavy Ball, 3x Pokemon Collector, 4x Junk Arm and 2x PokeGear 3.0.

Made these changes to the deck so far:
-1x Pignite
-1x Pokemon Communication

+1x Rare Candy
+1x Plus Power

Could anybody give me an idea if I should keep 1x Energy retrieval or swap it for 1x Fisherman (because I already have 12 other Supporters). Or should I exclude the 1x Plus Power for another Energy Retrieval (and try to make room for another Reshiram and Pokemon Communication)?

Machamp the Champion said:
P.S. Go Machamp! ^_^d

P.S. GO MACHAMP!!!!!

(I played every Machamp Hidden Legends-on and all were epic beasts!!!)

The_Joker said:
Another Reshiram would be heplful, but then I'd have to make the deck Reshiram-Friendly and add more Energy Retrievals, for what I don't have enough space. I tried it out without changing the basic form of the deck and it did not work.

I haven't tested with this deck that much, but when I have, I've mostly used the EX, so it seems like that's a good choice. And since you run Super Rod you can always get a second one if you really need it.

Back