• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiPhlosion [updated]

manaphee

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon;; 18
3-2-3 Typhlosion Prime HS
4 Reshiram BW
2-2 Ninetales CoL
2 Stantler HS

Trainers;; 22
2 Revive
2 Rare Candy
3 Potion
3 Junk Arm
2 Fisherman
4 PONT OR Professor Juniper (I'm leaning towards Juniper, since I don't have any PONT and can't seem to find any. And even though I have to discard my hand with Juniper, I still have Junk Arm and Revive if I ever need them)
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Pluspower

Energies;; 20
3 Rescue Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy (also thinking of either cutting this down to two or three)
15 Fire Energy

Basically, the strategy is like most ReshiPhlosion decks; Charge Reshiram up as quickly as possible for Blue Flare, then use Typhlosion Prime to quickly recharge Reshi back up within the next turn. Ninetales is there for extra support in case I need to refresh my hand quickly.
I also included Rescue Energy and Revive so if I ever need it, I can easily get back Reshi (or Ninetales and Typhlosion, if catcher becomes a problem) if he's knocked out.
I've reduced 4 DCE to just 2 now, brought the number of Communication up to 4, and removed defender all together.
The only reason I'm keeping Pluspower is to quickly knock out any higher HP Pokemon if needed.

RE: ReshiPhlosion

For starters, I would try to cut the Energy heavy lines down and add some more Supporters that either refresh your hand (Professor Oak's New Theory, Copycat, Judge) or draw you more cards (Cheren, Juniper, Engineer's Adjustments [quick way to get energies in the trash]). Removing things such as the Potions and some Double Colorless Energy. That way you can recover a little better from bad / unplayable hands.

All right, thanks. :) Should I add in some baby Pokemon so I can charge Reshiram up while stalling with something like Cleffa? :3

-1 defender(not needed inn this deck)
-4 DCE(DCE is really needed in this deck, since you really just use fire energy)
-3 potion(reshiram doesn't really need to heal)

+1 cleffa(a good starter)
+1 manaphy(a good starter)
+2 Pokemon Communication(helps get out what you need)
+3 PONT(consistent draw supporter)
+1 Professor Juniper(helps draw as well)

Hope i helped =)

Thanks! I was actually suggested to use PONT today at league, so I think I'll consider. :) The problem is, Battle Road is next Saturday for me, and I can't get ANY Pokemon collectors. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the potions are to heal any damage that may be caused by Afterburner. :3

manaphee said:
Thanks! I was actually suggested to use PONT today at league, so I think I'll consider. :) The problem is, Battle Road is next Saturday for me, and I can't get ANY Pokemon collectors. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the potions are to heal any damage that may be caused by Afterburner. :3

Dual Ball and Stantler are always options when you dont got those Collectors

PONT is a very good card in this kind of deck. Really increases consistency, etc. The problem is, it's not always going to be enough drawpower. I play Sage's Training and Professor Juniper in my build and it works really well. I would suggest taking out a Revive and a Rescue Energy for either two Professor Juniper or two Sage's. You have two Fisherman to recover Energy and a whopping five recovery cards (8 if you count Junk Arm...). That's just too much unnecessary recovery. The max you would need is six Reshiram in a game.

dmaster out.

You play six supporters... this deck is going to get eaten alive by Vileplume/Gotithelle. In my list, I play 4 PONT, 1 Juniper, 1 Sage, and 1 Judge (and even used to play a copycat). It might seem kind jumbled, but have the extra draw power really helps. If I was going to recommend any one, I go for Sage's. it's a great, but rather under looked card.

IMO go for Revive OR Potion. Both allows for too many dead draws. Let's say you stick with Revive, you just opened up 3 draw support spaces. Sage's, as Jace suggested is quite good in this deck, as it's selective + discard fodder. Or you could always just go with Engineer's Ajustments. But ya more draw would be great. Cause, you already have great sustain, with Revive, Fisherman and Junk arm, but without anything to cycle through your stuff, what good does sustainability?

drop the ninetales line for sage because ninetales is too slow and juniper is definately the way to go (although 1 pont is a staple so u don't deck)

Back