• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiPhlosion (Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime)

bigbija

loves banana pudding
Went to league for my first time a couple days ago on Saturday (won 4 out of 5 games :D) and noticed my deck was a little inconsistent and had trouble setting up as fast as I wanted at times. Need some suggestions on how to fix that.

4 Reshiram
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetails
2-1-2 Kingdra Prime
-------------------------------- 23 Pokemon--------------------------------------------------
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
2 Plus Power
1 Pokegear 3.0
2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Sage's Training
-------------------------------- 24 T/S/S/-----------------------------------------------
12 {R} Energy
1 Rescue Energy
------------------------- 13 Energy------------------------------------------

Strategy: Set up Typhlosion by T2 and start attachting to Reshiram for 120 every turn. Start with Reshiram. You guys know how it works :p

Edit: You guys think adding Kingdra Prime is a good idea?

Change log:
-2 Revive
-3 {R} Energy
-3 Juniper
-2 Switch
-1 Plus power
-1 Communication

+1-1 Ninetails
+1 Rescue Energy
+2-1-2 Kingdra Prime
+1 Pokegear 3.0
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Rare Candy
+1 PONT

Haha, sleepy Tyrouges are never fun... Anyway, to start things off 15 energy is too much for an energy recycling deck. A pretty good number is 12 fire with a couple DCE or Rescue if you want to put those in depending on the rest of your deck. I play 12 fire and one rescue, because I found in testing, DCE really doesn't provide that much of an advantage. 3 Juniper is also a little too much if you want to have a deck in the end. 2 is a good number to have, only to use in tough situations. 2 revive is a little excessive too. Most games that I play I don't run out of Reshis anyway, but if I do I have a rescue energy for back up. I recommend no revives, but if you're not comfortable with that, 1 is fine. 2 switch is also excessive I found in testing since I found if someone catchers something up they kill it. So I try keep one in my hand, just in case.

Now to get into what you're missing. First off 2-2 ninetales is vital. I tried 1-1 and it burned hard almost everytime. Besides, I have not met one person who catchers a ninetails. they all go for the Typhlo. I also recommend a cleffa for tight situations/starting. 4 collector and 4 Pokemon Communication is also vital for searching for crucial cards and quick set ups. Another Catcher also solidifies the chances that you will be able to bring up what you want to kill quicker for disruption or if you can't junk arm.

So, final changes should look like this:
-3 fire energies
-1 Juniper
-2 Revive

+1 Collector
+1 Communication
+1 Catcher
+1 Rescue energy
+1-1 Ninetails

Good luck at your new league!

Thanks for the reply. I have a rescue energy so I will add one in. I like at least one revive so I will keep one in. I don't know if I can get catcher and collector as they are expensive online and the TCG store near me has none for sale (maybe a catcher for sale so I will check but it will be super expensive :/)
how about this:
-3 {R} energy
-1 Juniper
-1 Revive

+1 Communication
+1 Rescue Energy
+1-1 Ninetails
+1 Cleffa

Does this sound good because I know the only way to get more collectors is online and I am not ordering only 1 card.

how about
-3 PONT
-1 switch

for
+1 boufalant with revenge (RDL counter)
+2 pluspower
+1junk arm

plus power help this deck greatly it makes a difference in a OHKO or not plus adding the other junk arm ensures that you can get back a plus power, poke' com, or catcher when you need them. In this kind of deck your discard pile is your best friend. It's better to have cards like catcher and revive in your discard knowing they are there instead of shuffling your deck around with PONT. As for Boufalant he is good for an extra revenge kill and help with RDL if the person plays Indigo plateau. The card def helps, I can speak from experience, Boufalant helped won me two matches this weekend at a battle roads

KatsuSado said:
how about
-3 PONT
-1 switch

for
+1 boufalant with revenge (RDL counter)
+2 pluspower
+1junk arm

plus power help this deck greatly it makes a difference in a OHKO or not plus adding the other junk arm ensures that you can get back a plus power, poke' com, or catcher when you need them. In this kind of deck your discard pile is your best friend. It's better to have cards like catcher and revive in your discard knowing they are there instead of shuffling your deck around with PONT. As for Boufalant he is good for an extra revenge kill and help with RDL if the person plays Indigo plateau. The card def helps, I can speak from experience, Boufalant helped won me two matches this weekend at a battle roads

Thanks for the suggestion but I am not taking out PONT. It is a great hand refresher and I need that. I made these changes though

-1 Switch

+1 pluspower
+1 Junk arm

If you need a quicker set up 4 collector is crucial in this deck. I recommend trading out a junk arm for it as I found 4 a little excessive and often did not use them in most of my games. I also advise taking out a sage's for cleffa. Turn 1 cleffa will do wonders for your slow set up and will get 2 typhlosion out, a ninetails, and powered up reshi by turn 3. Thos may sound crazy but I also use Cheren instead of Sage. I often found myself being forced to discard crucial cards with it, and sometimes losing the match because of it. But they depend on your style of play in the end.
-1 Junk arm
-1 sage's training(Cheren)

+1 cleffa
+1 Collector

Good luck!

Ok I see what you are saying poliwrath. You gotta remember that this deck wants energy in the discard and that's why i run sage and 4 junk arm. This allows me to put trainers to use later and energy in the discard pile and keep the cards I need. I wanted to try running 3 pluspower 1 switch and 1 revive with 4 junk arm to be able to hit hard and not take up room with another switch or revive. I will try the current list I have and try to trade for or buy a cleffa and collector and try that out too. Thanks again poliwrath.

The above decklist proved very consistent. I really liked the extra junk arm and plus power, especially the pluspower which came in handy in tight situations. I was able to get ninetails earlier and didn't draw into energy uselessly as much. I finally beat the kid who plays Yanmega/Kingdra/Jirachi by killing off his tyrouge early and pretty much controlling the game. I may add in another Rescue energy and catcher (if i can get another catcher :p). If i do the two juniper would go. What do you guys think?

Summary:
-2 Juniper

+1 Rescue Energy
+1 Pokemon Catcher

Tell me what you think. Thanks

~bija

The Plus power count seems a little heavy. If you wan't to boost consistency, switch out a plus power for a pokegear 3.0

adamisclassy said:
The Plus power count seems a little heavy. If you wan't to boost consistency, switch out a plus power for a pokegear 3.0

Wow that is funny, I totally thought of adding in pokegear and didn't know what to take out. I try this if I have one.
Do you think I should add in another rescue energy and catcher and take out the 2 juniper (I'm starting to dislike juniper :p)

RemOh said:
I like the Deck but what will you do against Gothi Lock or Vileplume?

Funny you bring that up, because they are both a problem for me. There isn't much of these two decks or locks in general in my area so BRs should go ok for me.

Any suggestions on how to better my matchups against gothitelle or vileplume decks?

I play a 2-1-2 Kingdra Reshiplosion variant against Gothi and Vileplume. Without Pluspower. Its not easy but it works

RemOh said:
I play a 2-1-2 Kingdra Reshiplosion variant against Gothi and Vileplume. Without Pluspower. Its not easy but it works

Makes your deck inconsistent. No.
If you really have a problem with it, run a Bellsprout to pull their Reuniclus to active spot.

Also, if you can't get the Collectors and the Catchers...well you do need them. Get them somehow.

I added this in

+2-1-2 Kingdra Prime
+1 PONT
+1 Rare Candy

-1 Switch
-1 Revive
-2 Juniper
-1 Sage's
-1 Reshiram
-1 communication

any suggestions?

Ditch the Kingdra Line. It's good but it just makes dead draws so much easier to get. TyRam is all about consistency so teching in stuff like Magby or Bellsprout should be enough to tech against Goth

Back