Reply Box Appears Not on Chrome Mobile Versions

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
My phone's random android browser displays the reply box, but it's chrome does not. Galaxy S6 android 6.0
Seems wierd and inconsistent. Thoughts?

Are you sure you are logged in on your Chrome browser? It is working fine on my phone.

Yep. My little profile picture is there and even the post reply, upload a file buttons appear, but the word processor looking box isn't there. Everything else is working fine, including alerts blah blah blah. Strange that it works on one browser and not the other?

It happens to me on all xenForo sites sometimes too. Normally if I refresh the page it fixes itself, though. I use Chrome myself, so it may be a particular setting on your phone that's blocking the reply box from appearing. IIRC the box is technically a cache, so if you have your Chrome to disallow caches on certain sites, maybe it's worth checking you haven't included PB in there?

It's possible that it's an account issue, although I'm fairly sure most of them were recently fixed. That could be the instigator. I use Chrome on both my laptop and my phone and I haven't run into this issue once.

I recommend you try what other members have suggested first, though. You'll likely find your solution through that. ^v^

I must admit I can't find cache settings, either global or site specific. Cookies? Are they not some kind of cache data? They are allowed, even though I kind of technophobically disallow them on my home computer as some kind of security threat . . . I dunno. Ignorance causes me fear ocassionally. Though obviously my current workaround isn't a terrible pain. Thanks, all.

Back