• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

RedSteel (Scizor Prime) (Masters/Cities)

Vaporeo

George Harricross
Pokemon Total: 17
4 Scyther (UD)
3 Scizor Prime
1 Scizor (MD)
2 Beldum 84 (LA)
2 Metang (SB)
2 Metagross (LA)
3 Jirachi (RR)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
3 Broken Time-Space
1 Luxury Ball
2 Expert Belt
2 Lookers
1 Underground Expedition
2 Lucian's Assignment
2 Twins
4 Bebe's Search
3 Volkner's Philosophy
2 Seeker
1 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Warp Point
1 Lucky Egg

Energies: 17
1 Warp
3 Call
4 Special Metal
9 Basic Metals

I am wanting to cut 1 Bebe's and 2 Volkners for a 1-1-1 Flygon line possibly. And I am probably cutting 1 warp point and 1 lucky egg for 2 Team Rocket's trickery because it seems like a good supporter to Detour with Jirachi.
If I'm going 2nd I love to start with Jirachi and get the effect of my supporter I play twice thanks to Detour. If I go first I really have to get the call energy. Beldum starts are good I like to attach the metal energy to him and either draw a card with his attack or use call energy's effect.
This setup works very well if I have a Scizor set up, I can just evolve and retreat because of Metang's PokeBody.
Scyther starts are okay as long as I have a Scizor and a metal energy. I'm also thinking about switching to MD Scyther's because of the increased HP, ability to attack on the first turn, and not having x2 weakness. I really like my 1 MD Scizor, belting him means I'm hitting pokemon with special energies for 100 damage for 1 energy.
Metagross is in the deck for Magnetic Reversal so I can grab one of my opponents key benched pokemon so I can knock it out with Scizor.
Jirachi is great in the deck, when he gets knocked out I can get any 1 card I want in the deck with his PokePower. This works in great combination with Twins when I let my opponent take the lead by knocking out Jirachi to make for an exciting comeback.
I have tried Skarmory UD, I don't like it, and no I don't have any Pokemon Collectors.

RE: RedSteel (Scizor Prime)

I run a Scizor/Umbreon deck, but the standards should be approximately the same...

Therefore I sincerely recommend you to rethink skarmory. Attaching 'em special energies right away is a brilliant way to create a mini-tank with your scizor, and when you're skarmory almost is knocked out - you could either retreat (risky), or use ssu (my favourite, but of course flippy...). An alternative, and a strategy that I've tried a little, is to simply give up your active skarmory. Let you're opponent get an easy price, only for you to take revenge with a loaded minitank-scizor after having utilized the card Twins to get the needed supplies.

The main problem I run is that I often don't have any benched pokemon to go with my starting pokemon so I have no one to attach the energy to except for Skarmory himself. I am also trying to limit the trainer cards I'm using because of Vileplume which is why there's no Super Scoop Ups. There have also been a few RedSteel decks in my meta and if I have a special metal on my Scizor he can't attack their Scizor unless I can get a Metagross out to hit one of their bench instead.

Hmm, I understand that the mirror can be a problem here, yes...

But regarding the basic pokemon- problem, I believe Lucian's Assignment is the perfect solution:) It makes you able to postpone putting down a scyther if you are to get really unlucky, since you're allowed to move the extra energy you attached to your skarmory down to the bench later on when you possess a scyther;)

Back