Help Recover special energies

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi people.
In Standard, is there a good way to recover special energies from the discard pile? The only thing that comes to my mind is Oranguru ULP, but it also requires an energy to do the job and its retreat cost of 2 doesn't help...
I'm playing a spread deck with Koko-Weavile-Honchkrow with only 4 DCEs and 4 Counter Energy and I really struggle against decks with lots of hammers. Anyone has any advice?

Thanks in advance.

That's it. ULP Oranguru is the only card in standard that can recover discarded special energy

Gardevoir,bannete and deciddueye can all do it as well through their gx move though it's hardly gonna work in your deck you probably dont need to recover to many energys if your carefull you could also play counter gain and use orangurus attack for free

Gardevoir,bannete and deciddueye can all do it as well through their gx move though it's hardly gonna work in your deck you probably dont need to recover to many energys if your carefull you could also play counter gain and use orangurus attack for free
The problem with those Pokemon are their abilities. My deck is ability-less to take maximum advantage of Weavile (Rule of Evil).
And Oranguru attacking for free with Counter Gain is also hard because hammer decks tend to win by not knocking out my Pokemon, so Counter Gain effect is almost never activated.

Thank you guys for your responses, I'll do some testing by adding an Oranguru and see what happens.

Yeah oranguru ULP is the best way to retrieve special energy, Do you run any of the ULP weavile? could make it worth throwing in a basic [D] energy or two, so you can use oranguru without dedicating a special, and gives you an attacking mon vs xurkitree/other special energy denial decks.

Yeah oranguru ULP is the best way to retrieve special energy, Do you run any of the ULP weavile? could make it worth throwing in a basic [D] energy or two, so you can use oranguru without dedicating a special, and gives you an attacking mon vs xurkitree/other special energy denial decks.
I don't run any ULP Weavile. The deck is mainly oriented on Honchkrow, so I use Koko and BUS Weavile to spread damage on the board to increase Honchkrow damage.

Regarding the special energies recovering, I decided to take the Counter Energies out and replace them with basic dark energies, which are a bit harder to discard and easier to recover if needed.

Back