• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raytaria Deck

MamsPokemon

Proud PokeTuber.!
Im thinking on just using the Normal Rayquaza in a deck

Rayquaza 120 HP

{L} Dragon Pulse 40
(Discard the top two cards from your deck)

{R}{L}{C} Shred 90
(Not affected by anything on the defending)

Paired up with Latias:

Latias 100 HP

{C} Energy ASsist
(Atach a basic energy from the discard to any pokemon)

{R}{P} Sky Heal 40
(if there is a Latios on your bench heal 20 damage from Latias)

So it would be:

4x Rayquaza
3x Latias
3x Emolga
3x Swablu
3x Altaria

Pokemon: 16

5x {R}
5x {L}
2x Prism (in case you want to use Latias second move)

Energy: 12

Then your basic staples:

3x Switch
3x Energy Switch
3x Pokemon Catcher
4x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
3x Super Rod
3x Eviolite

Items: 22

4x N
4x Juniper
2x Bianca

Supporters: 10

Any ideas, comments, concerns, etc.?

Thanks

Wow. Someone else other then me had this idea? Here are the changes I'd make.

-3 Emolga. You already have 2 other Pokemon in the deck that are fantastic starters. And setting up Altaria's with just Item search isn't that hard.
-1 Level Ball. You don't need that much search, and Ultra Ball is good for discarding energy.
-1 Super Rod. You shouldn't have that much stuff to put back into your deck, and it get's rid of energy for Energy Assist.
-2 Prism Energy. Latias' attack is terrible, it does the same damage as Rayquaza's first attack.

+1 Catcher. Good card, 'nuff said.
+2 Random Receiver. You have pretty low consistency.
+1 Bianca. More consistency. (I'd take these all out for Cheren BTW)
+2 Lightning. Makes it more likely you'll draw into them to use Dragon Pulse turn 1 or 2.
+1 Fire. You'll need to draw into Energy enough to discard some and attach one.

I have had experience with this deck oddly enough... On TCGO... As a fun deck... Hope I could be of some help.

I actually have been trying something like this and it's a lot of fun. personally I'd:

-2 Latias
+1 Swablu
+1 Altaria

-1 Super rod
-3 Eviolites

+3 Switch
+1 Energy Switch

I find running 4/4 for Swablu/Altaria keeps them consistently buffing Ray who's basically attacking every turn anyhow and he's generally your focus for attacking. Switches help to to retreat Ray and prevent stall tactics. I do think you need some random receivers though so you won't have any draw problems.

Yea I like your opinion on Latias second attack, and youre both right with more Random Receiver. Im looking for a way to energy Accelerate cause waiting three turns to attack is too long. I even considered taking the Altaria out since 2 Shreds will KO 98% of your opponents (if they dont retreat/heal)

the only problem with this deck. is if they get a rayquaza or any other dragon type powered up faster than you.
it is nearly impossible to recover and come back, they will 1 hit everything you have in play before you can get any energies in play.

this is why people hate mewtwo wars so much. 1 mewtwo can take out 2 mewtwos if it is played right.

dragons are over hyped right now, so if you lose your energy in play to an opposing dragon type, your deck falls like dominoes.

ashtavakra said:
the only problem with this deck. is if they get a rayquaza or any other dragon type powered up faster than you.
it is nearly impossible to recover and come back, they will 1 hit everything you have in play before you can get any energies in play.

this is why people hate mewtwo wars so much. 1 mewtwo can take out 2 mewtwos if it is played right.

dragons are over hyped right now, so if you lose your energy in play to an opposing dragon type, your deck falls like dominoes.

Rayquaza only needs 1 energy to set up, and if you can get enough Altaria's into play, then you can one shot there Dragon Types easier then they can one shot yours.

MamsPokemon said:
Yea I like your opinion on Latias second attack, and youre both right with more Random Receiver. Im looking for a way to energy Accelerate cause waiting three turns to attack is too long. I even considered taking the Altaria out since 2 Shreds will KO 98% of your opponents (if they dont retreat/heal)

That's why I like having energy switch and the regular switch. You can dragon pulse with an active Ray, and then switch his energy to an benched Ray once the benched Ray has 2 energies.

And this deck can typically power up faster than other dragons and ohko them with even just a buffed Dragon Pulse. A fast Rayquaza EX can cause headaches though.

4 Rayquaza (DRV 11)
3 Swablu (DR 104)
3 Altaria (DR 84)
2 Latias (DRV 9)
2 Terrakion (NV 99)

3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Energy Switch (BW 94)
4 Pokemon Catcher (DE 111)
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Eviolite (NV 91)
3 N (NV 101)
4 Professor Juniper (BW 101)
3 Bianca (EP 90)
1 Super Rod (DRV 20)
2 Random Receiver (DE 99)
2 Level Ball (ND 89)

6 Lightning Energy (BW 108)
4 Fire Energy (BW 106)
4 Prism Energy (ND 93)

I'm testing this build. Any suggestions?

henriquez1m said:
4 Rayquaza (DRV 11)
3 Swablu (DR 104)
3 Altaria (DR 84)
2 Latias (DRV 9)
2 Terrakion (NV 99)

3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Energy Switch (BW 94)
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Eviolite (NV 91)
3 N (NV 101)
3 Bianca (EP 90)
1 Super Rod (DRV 20)
2 Level Ball (ND 89)

4 Fire Energy (BW 106)
4 Prism Energy (ND 93)

No, not really, the list looks pretty good. You might want to consider changing the Prism's to other Basic Energy, so you can use them for Energy Assist, which can only use basic energy.

Machamp the Champion said:
henriquez1m said:
4 Rayquaza (DRV 11)
3 Swablu (DR 104)
3 Altaria (DR 84)
2 Latias (DRV 9)
2 Terrakion (NV 99)

3 Switch (BW 104)
3 Energy Switch (BW 94)
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Eviolite (NV 91)
3 N (NV 101)
3 Bianca (EP 90)
1 Super Rod (DRV 20)
2 Level Ball (ND 89)

4 Fire Energy (BW 106)
4 Prism Energy (ND 93)

No, not really, the list looks pretty good. You might want to consider changing the Prism's to other Basic Energy, so you can use them for Energy Assist, which can only use basic energy.

hm.. but if I take the prism, I end up losing the terrakion.

henriquez1m said:
Machamp the Champion said:

hm.. but if I take the prism, I end up losing the terrakion.

Actually, I was thinking of putting in some fighting energy instead of the Prism. Well at least some of them.

Pretty Good Idea. Target The Weaknesses of the top decks.
The thing I REALLY don't like, and is the downfall of this idea is that they're too slow + the heavy retreat cost

Back