• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raticate BREAK / Nihilego GX

kjmccormick

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone!

Whilst I've been browsing the forums for a while, I recently moved to a place where the TCG scene isn't too active. Thankfully I'm now getting my fix online, and was hoping to get your assistance with this deck I'm running. It seems to be serving me well thus far, but any tweaks would be appreciated.

Pokémon [19]
4 Rattata EVO 66
1 Raticate EVO 67
3 Raticate BKP 88
3 Raticate BREAK BKP 89
1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
3 Nihilego-GX CIN 49
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Remoraid CIN 22
1 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer [31]
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
4 N FCO 105
3 Acerola BUS 112
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 Super Scoop Up SLG 66
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
1 Brigette BKT 134
4 Evosoda XY 116
2 Special Charge STS 105
2 Field Blower GRI 125
3 Guzma BUS 115

Energy [10]
2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
4 Psychic Energy 5

The main goal here is to combo Super Fang and Empty Light to secure OHKO fun on pretty much anything your opponent can muster. Tapu Lele GX and Octillery are for support, and Tapu Koko is for cleaning up should a few bench sitters be left with a measly 10HP.

The trainer cards are pretty normal I would say, with emphasis on Evosoda for accelerating Raticate BREAK and Super Scoop Up for reusing Empty Light.

I thought Rainbow Energy was a stroke of genius, pairing with Acerola when Super Scoop Up fails, but I've yet to pull this off as I'd hoped. The basic energy is just there as an alternative, could be used for Symbiont GX if you really wanted to be ridiculous.

But yes, please let me know your suggestions!

Wow the list looks pretty solid so far but I would try to add a third Niheligo GX for consistency because it's easy to prize a Niheligo and only get one late game so I would take out an Evosoda because you only need three soda's in your deck.

Hope I helped. :)

If you're attacking with Nihilego, chances are you already lost. Lose that basic energy.
Ideally, you should only need 3 or 4 attacks to close any given game (sure, there's Greninja). With that in mind, I'd reduce the Acerola and Scoop count as well. Make those Nihilego drops count.

With that in mind, my suggestions would be:

-1 Acerola
-1 Super Scoop Up
-4 Psychic Energy

+1 Brigette
+1 Prof. Sycamore
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Rainbow Energy
+2 Poison Barb OR Assault Vest

T1 Brigette to setup Remoraid and rats is vital.
You can't brick at all, 3 Syca is necessary.
1 Candy gives you the option to rush a rat midgame.
An extra Rainbow will make for an easier Acerola transition.
Finally, you don't need tools in this deck. But, having room for them, those are two good options. Barb for return kills without needing Nihilego and Vest to survive Zoroark. In case neither satisfies you, Energy Lotto is a no-bricking solution.

Wow the list looks pretty solid so far but I would try to add a third Niheligo GX for consistency because it's easy to prize a Niheligo and only get one late game so I would take out an Evosoda because you only need three soda's in your deck.

Hope I helped. :)

Thank you, more Nihilego GX is probably a good idea, and I have noticed Evosodas creeping up with no use in the late game. Shall definitely look at shuffling things around.

If you're attacking with Nihilego, chances are you already lost. Lose that basic energy.
Ideally, you should only need 3 or 4 attacks to close any given game (sure, there's Greninja). With that in mind, I'd reduce the Acerola and Scoop count as well. Make those Nihilego drops count.

With that in mind, my suggestions would be:

-1 Acerola
-1 Super Scoop Up
-4 Psychic Energy

+1 Brigette
+1 Prof. Sycamore
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Rainbow Energy
+2 Poison Barb OR Assault Vest

T1 Brigette to setup Remoraid and rats is vital.
You can't brick at all, 3 Syca is necessary.
1 Candy gives you the option to rush a rat midgame.
An extra Rainbow will make for an easier Acerola transition.
Finally, you don't need tools in this deck. But, having room for them, those are two good options. Barb for return kills without needing Nihilego and Vest to survive Zoroark. In case neither satisfies you, Energy Lotto is a no-bricking solution.

Thanks for your detailed suggestions, I would hope never to attack with Nihilego GX as you say, just nice to have a little extra energy which is a little less easy to discard. I've heard of some people running Counter Energy, but I don't really rate it here.

I wish Rare Candy worked with this, but sadly it doesn't.

Professor Sycamore is a card I'm reluctant to use because of the different pieces, but I get it's vitality and power. I'll try out a higher count and see how it goes. Fair enough on the second Brigette, it is essential as you say.

The only reason Poison Barb isn't included is because I don't have any to use! I didn't even consider defensive tools on the grounds I just assumed it'd be OHKOs against me all the way. Definitely something to consider though, thanks.

Thank you, more Nihilego GX is probably a good idea, and I have noticed Evosodas creeping up with no use in the late game. Shall definitely look at shuffling things around.

Thanks for your detailed suggestions, I would hope never to attack with Nihilego GX as you say, just nice to have a little extra energy which is a little less easy to discard. I've heard of some people running Counter Energy, but I don't really rate it here.

I wish Rare Candy worked with this, but sadly it doesn't.

Professor Sycamore is a card I'm reluctant to use because of the different pieces, but I get it's vitality and power. I'll try out a higher count and see how it goes. Fair enough on the second Brigette, it is essential as you say.

The only reason Poison Barb isn't included is because I don't have any to use! I didn't even consider defensive tools on the grounds I just assumed it'd be OHKOs against me all the way. Definitely something to consider though, thanks.

Forget what I said about Candy. Derped for no good reason. Room for Lotto or tools, though.

If your Acerola/Nihilego play isn't paying off, then yeah...Counter Energy all the way.

If Syca is hurting you too much, consider upping your Stretcher count. Between losing a rat and bricking, it should never be a hard choice.

Replace Nihilego with Poison Barb, and your good. Also, EVO Raticate is undeniably better than the BKP one.
Nihelgeo is much better since it lets you poison on demand instead of waiting for your opponent choose to get poisoned or not (or they just field blower before they attack and then you get nothing)

BKP Raticate is so it's immune to Nihelgo statsuing your own active pokemon

Nihelgeo is much better since it lets you poison on demand instead of waiting for your opponent choose to get poisoned or not (or they just field blower before they attack and then you get nothing)

BKP Raticate is so it's immune to Nihelgo statsuing your own active pokemon

That makes more sense. I'm just saying I used to play Rat BREAK and I used 4 Poison Barb and it was all good.

Forget what I said about Candy. Derped for no good reason. Room for Lotto or tools, though.

If your Acerola/Nihilego play isn't paying off, then yeah...Counter Energy all the way.

If Syca is hurting you too much, consider upping your Stretcher count. Between losing a rat and bricking, it should never be a hard choice.

For sure on the Energy Loto / tools, and I take your point on Sycamore, shall work that in.

Replace Nihilego with Poison Barb, and your good. Also, EVO Raticate is undeniably better than the BKP one.

Definitely with CrownAxe on the "control" of Nihilego GX, but Poison Barb is definitely something I'll try to squeeze in when I have some. Similarly, the Raticate choice is because of the immunity, but the one copy of the other kind is just in case that attack comes in handy.

Thanks for all your help folks, looking to pop on this evening and try out the tweaks. Will post the new list when I do, and let you know what happens.

Do you have all the BREAKs? Cuz I have a spare...

I do indeed, but thank you for the offer.

I' just run 4 rainbow energy and 4 accerolla for the gx guy

Definitely looking to bump up the Rainbow Energy count, could maybe swap a Super Scoop Up for an Acerola? Taking your supporter for the turn arguably a little less worse than potentially nothing at all... shall tweak it out.

Back