• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rat Poison: Raticate/Lasers

Blueinvader

This isn't that clever. Really.
Rat Poison

Pokemon:
4 Raticate BCR
4 Rattata PLF
3 Tynomo DEX
2 Electrik (Eels) NOV
3 Zekrom B&W

Trainers/Stadium:
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hyonotoxic Laser
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rocky Helment
2 Switch
1 Energy Seach
1 Super Rod
1 Eviolite (Not sure if that is spelled right.)

1 Comuter Search

1 Sky Arrow Bridge

Supporters:
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Bianca Cheren
1 Colress
1 N :(

Energy:
3 DCE I trading my friend for one.
9 Lightning

The basic strategy is put Plasma Badge onto Raticate and Colress Machine a Plasma Energy on to him for energy acceleration. Then play Hypnotoxic Laser and use his attack Super Fang [C][C][C] leaving the opponent with 10 HP and on your opponents turn, it will be poison and knocked out. The theres Absol for late game damage. Sableye to bring back Lasers/Badges ect. Tornadus EX for going aggressive. And Mewtwo is DCE compatible.
My main problems are:

Should there be a 4-4 line of Rats?

Do I need more Supporters?

Life Dew or Dowsing Machine?

Thanks!

I'd recommend a 4-4 line as I feel with 80 HP, Raticate is really fragile and easily OHKOed by many pokemon in the current meta. Other than that I'd suggest Computer Search as your Ace Spec to look for the elusive DCEs and yes more supporters are definitely needed (especially N, I'm afraid). And yeah how does Absol do early game damage?

4-4 Raticate is needed because of the fragility.
If Colress Machine/Plasma Badge is your strategy, then you need to have 4 of each so you can have it available when it is needed.
4 DCE will help to get Raticate's attack fueled.
4 N is just too important to not have in this format.

I'm not sure what to remove for those additions tho :(

I saw a person using dynamotor as his way of energy acceleration. He only managed to get it turn 3, but even if one got knocked out he could still dyna and get another one out next turn.

Colress Machine/Plasma Badge personally seems clunky to me, there are other methods, such as Dark Patch/Darkrai-EX/Energy Switch, Dynamotor, and Colress Machine/Plasma Badge. I think there are others too.

Tynomos are more things to get donked...

What about Chanderlure PLF or Blastoise BCR? I don't think there great but maybe.

The Dark Patch idea isn't great because you can only attach to Darkness types. Colress Machine and Plasma Energy can run out of steam very quickly, because you drop them a few times...and that's it. You're done with them. You can't preserve the Plasma Energy, so while you can Junk Hunt for the Machines...you have nothing to search for. I suggest you bump the line up to 4 DCE and 4 of the Plasma Badge and Colress Machine, so you can be hitting for a lot of damage by T2. Computer Search has to be your ACE SPEC in order to grab the DCE asap. You definitely need the 4-4 Raticate line for consistency. I would take out a Sableye and the Aspertias, simply because you're going to get one-shotted anyway. Get rid of the Rocky Helmet and a Switch for another Skyla and a Level Ball - they're too important for your setup.

Okay I'm trying eels instead, and i'm pretty happy with it so far. My non-EX attackers are:

2 Zekrom B&W

Thanks everyone.

I would recommend Raikou-EX so if they just retreat something that is almost KO'd or they just Bench so it doesn't get KO'd you can KO it.

Why not use Mew-EX? He is much bulkier than Raticate, and he can just use Super Fang instead. Max out on Mew EX and just have one or two Raticate on the bench so that Mew can use its attack. Another cool thing about Raticate is that it has free retreat.

Mew EX is still weak and it gives off 2 prizes instead of 1. One of the things that I love about this deck is the prize trade.

The Raikou EX is what I was thinking when I was looking through my deck. Great thanks.

The thing about Mew I think that he is too vulnerable to drop 2 prizes. The idea behind raticate is to OHKO an ex for 2 prizes and he drops only one prize, if you use mew there is no profit anymore.
I have a raticate lasers that use dittos as i said before, the thing behind ditto is the use of rescue scarf / revive, when your raticate is killed you put it on ditto and continue attacking! Ditto can have energys already and is really great!

Can't you only put basic pokemon on Ditto?
And yeah I don't wanna rain on your parade but Dynamotor Eelektrik is rotated out for the 2014 format. :/

Back