Not open for further replies.
i have bought around 30 packs and have gotten
1 metal
2 water
1 darkness
2 lightning
2 fighting
1 fire

I see. So, it looks random and looks like they're supposed to all be common.

They are random, and you have the same opportunity of getting them as another common, but you are just looking for the energy. Open 30 packs and see how many of each common you have, not just the energy.

konter_j8902 said:
They are random, and you have the same opportunity of getting them as another common, but you are just looking for the energy. Open 30 packs and see how many of each common you have, not just the energy.

Right....I open a box and get 20 Pidoves and only 14 energy? Something is up :p

Perhaps you have to do this:

number of energy divided by number of total commons(counting the energies) equals the chance of pulling energy out of a booster.

If they are regular commons, just as common as everything else, that will work. Taking into account that you can't get them in reverse.

iuno, i got a box and went to 3 pre-releases.... and i ahve a good amount of energies.

i have all types and at least 4-5 of each type.
i did notice a few more psychic and dark types., but that just may be me.

Ok, thanks! That's really helpful! It shows that they're intending to make them equal in rarity, but it seems that the distribution has been odd and some boxes have had significantly more than others.

I just bought 8 packs and got only one Metal Energy from them. Hope this helps your research! Also, kinda on a side-note but if you buy a theme deck and look at the listing inside of all the cards it lists them as Common Energy, not just common, so, like you, I believe their "commoness" isn't equal to the pokemon/trainer cards.
(Also, I will be getting a b/w booster box probably tomorrow and I will post here how many energies I get!) :)

Thank you. This has and will greatly help my research. It does seem that they are of different rarity to regular commons indeed.

^ Sorry, I made a mistake on my previous post, I got 2 energies from the 8 packs. One metal, as stated before, and one Lightning energy. I didn't edit my previous post because I didn't know if you would see it and I don't want your research to become flawed because of my mistake. Hopefully this doesn't mess you up too bad... Sincerest Apologies,
BEnB :)

I've bought 8 packs of B/W cards and pulled a total of 3 energies from them, 2 metal and 1 lightning.

i think we already confirmed that BW design energies are just as common as any other common card, and the odds of pulling a specific energy type are the same as trying to pull any other specific common rarity card

I'm really disappointed with the design of the cards. I feel like they could have done a lot more with the whole black and white theme. Checker patters don't do it for me.

Just got my B/W booster box (36 packs) and it had the following:
Psychic Energy x3
Darkness Energy x2
Metal Energy x1
Fire Energy x1
Grass Energy x2
Fighting Energy x2
Water Energy x1
Lightning Energy x1

It really surprised me, I was expecting to get about half as many, but I'll take 13 energy in a heartbeat. :p
@POKEVORTEX, I quadruple checked it this time, so I am positive I didn't miss one. :D

Thank you very much, BEnB! With great contribution like yours, mistakes are expected. ;D
ogeray said:
i think we already confirmed that BW design energies are just as common as any other common card, and the odds of pulling a specific energy type are the same as trying to pull any other specific common rarity card
It seem like so, but as for two energies in one pack, it seems less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back