• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Road

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
I have been on hiatus since a little after GRI came out and just recently played in tourney again. I felt Rainbow would be good since I thought the game would be slower. However, that doesn't seem to be true or as slow as I thought. I would just like to play it until it rotates just because I enjoy it. Here's the decklist I played.

Pokemon
4 Xerneas BKT
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
1 Oranguru SUM
2 Zorua BKT
2 Zoroark BKT
2 Joltik STS
2 Galvantula STS
1 Volcanion-EX
1 Marshadow-GX BUS

Items
4 Max Elixir BKP
2 Float Stone BKT
2 Energy Loto GRI
4 Ultra Ball ROS
3 Choice Band GRI
2 Nest Ball SUM
2 Parallel City BKT
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI
1 Super Rod BKT
1 Special Charge STS

Supporters
4 Professor Sycamore BKP
2 N FAC
1 Brigette BKT
1 Lillie SUM
2 Guzma BUS

Energy
8 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

It didn't do too well and got me thinking on how to tweak it for the meta a bit more, but there seems to be a lot of compromise for any change.

-Putting in Mew (EX or Normal) to kill Buzzswoles - Potential nonbo with Lele, an uncuttable card.
-Cutting Joltik since its a free prize for Buzzswole -Lose our best starter, free retreat, and damage. Also no good replacement.
-Zoroark GX for more consistency and back up attacker - Prize risk really hurts the deck even with no VS Seekers.

I really like Zoroark over Bisharp, the threat of even 120+ damage seems really good with loaded benches the meta seems to use. I might try to put in field blower if FFB is as popular as it was at the tourney I played. As for the lack of Cynthia, I just don't have them.

Thoughts for changes? I not familiar with newer cards (anything past GRI) but it doesn't seem there's many additions for Xerneas.

Back