• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rain of Fire

Pikachu6319

Scooby
While trying to rebuild a semblance of my original Rain Dance Deck, I decided to try the complete opposite route with the Emboar:

Pokemon
3 Tepig #15
2 Pignite #17
3 Emboar (ability)
2 Vulpix (CoL)
2 Ninetales (CoL)
3 Reshiram
1 Victini (V-Create)
1-1 Rayquaza Deoxys Legend

Energy
12 Fire
2 Electric

Trainer/Supporter
3 Energy Retrieval
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Fisherman
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Cheren
4 Junk Arm
2 Switch

Emboar spreads the Energy and can easily serve as a heavy hitter. Ninetales serves a source of draw power with Roost Reveal. Creatini should be a good early or late hitter with 100 damage as long as I have enough Pokemon on the bench (Collector can help see to that) while RDL does mass damage and allows the draw of another prize card (as Dark Void pointed out). Since it's a fire deck (plus Roost Reveal) I've maxed on Energy Retrievals and also have Fisherman.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Its never a good idea to throw Refliptini into a deck and look for cards to use with it. Its more of a tech card in decks who already have a main attacker that flips coins. Darmanitan EP isn't a great attacker anyway, and 10 out of 10 times I'd rather have the Ninetales to evolve instead of Refliptini to make Vulpix's attack better. With that in mind, maybe it would be better to go with something more like Reshiboar, where you use Emboar to charge up Reshiram quickly, and have Reshiram hit for a bunch of damage. You can then use Fisherman and Energy Retrieval to get the energy you discard back to attack again. Another handy Pokemon to use is RDL, or Rayquaza Deoxys Legend, since it can hit more than 120 damage for Pokemon with lots of health, and it can end the game quicker by taking the last two prizes at once. With that in mind, I'd make changes like this:

-1-0-1 Emboar (aka changing it to a 3-2-3 line)You'll only need to set up 1, maybe 2 Emboar if the first one gets catchered, and Tepig's got pretty good health for a basic that evolves
-1-1 Ninetales I personally prefer a 2-2 line of this since its an easy prize for the opponent and clogs up your hand
-3-3 Darmanitan (see paragraph above)
-2 Victini Ability (see Darmanitan)
-4 Energy Returner (Outclassed by Energy Retrieval)
-2 Cheren (Outclassed by Sage's Training)
-2 Fire Energy (makes room for Lightning Energy for RDL)
-1 V-Create Victini Since Emboar can flood energy so well, I feel like something that only needs 2 energy to attack isn't getting the full benefit. Its not a bad attacker if you're struggling to get energy or Emboar though

+4 Reshiram (see Darmanitan)
+1-1 Rayquaza Deoxys Legend Great late game finisher, can hit above 120 which is very important
+3 Energy Retrieval (see Darmanitan)
+1 Rare Candy This will greatly increase your chances of getting out an Emboar turn 2 or 3
+1 Pokemon Collector Staple card, without Pichu, Stantler, or Dual Ball you pretty much need 4
+2 Pokemon Communication The best evolution searcher in the format, it needs to be maxed in any deck with evolutions other than Vileplume
+2 Junk Arm Staple card, lets you reuse any of your trainers
+1 Professor Oak's New Theory This is another staple card, 4 hand refreshers is pretty much a bare minimum in this format
+3 Sage's Training Great card for hunting through your deck, digs deeper than Cheren
+2 Lightning Energy This allows you to use RDL
+21

I feel like these changes will increase your consistency and damage output. Feel free to test any or all of them!

I think you should have better attackers. Victini has low HP so it'll get OHKOed a lot and RDLs super slow. Try Reshiram or reshiram EX. PS that's in next destenies that comes out in February.

Back