• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

raichu for cities masters

snorlax71

there's nothing wrong with a nap!
Pokes

4 promo pikachu
1 raichu hg/ss
2 raichu undaunted
1 raichu lvlx
2 uxie
1 rotom undaunted
2 rayquaza
2 rotom md
1 unown q
2 electrike
2 manectric

Trainers and such

4 bebes search
1 pont
4 poke comm
2 copycat
1 premier
1 fisherman
1 cond quarry
1 palmers
2 interviewers
3 collector
1 warp point
1 lux ball
2 sunnyshore

Energy
2 warp energy
14 lightning

Start with promo-chu and get the dice rolling. Use ray to speed gain and prime chu to voltage increase it to riachu. Rotom md in case things don't land heads. Thinking seeker might be useful to speed gain again. Thoughts are welcome!

Hmm... I'm not big on Electric Pokemon, but what about Raichu Prime + Electivire (Secret Wonders), instead of the set-up you have right now? Electivire can charge LTG energy to itself, and Raichu Prime will move your LTG energy to iself. If you run a 3/3 or 4/4 Raichu Prime/Electivire scheme, you'll probably have at least 2 of each of these guys in play at a time. Run 3 Broken Time-Space (Pokemon Platinum) stadiums, too, and you'll get your stage 1 evos up and running real quick. And run some draw cards that put energy in your discard pile, so you can charge'em into play. If you tweek this set-up right, you can probably have a consistent T1-T2 Raichu Prime using Mega Bolt, with a 2 Electivire back-up, ready to charge Raichu Prime for another blast next turn. ^_~

I took this to cities over the weekend and went 3-2. Added a uxie X for extra draw. Anyway 2 losses were an unown Q start and electrike start with 2 turns of no pokes or a way of getting them. I really like the deck and I think the addition of pachi plus seeker in the new set will help out a lot on energy accel.

^Was that supposed to be a suggestion, or just spam?

You might consider one from Raichu Supreme Victors. It doesn't discard and does consistend damage, and spreads. So you can voltage shoot and gigashock for 90 snipe plus active damage.

-1 rayquazza. You can only have one on the field at a time, and his retreat cost is epic bad so you really need to not start with it. Don't run more than one in your deck.

Sorry I forgot to update the list to remove ray for a uxie X. Interesting on the SV raichu. I will test it to see how that runs. Have you tried it?
PS I think it was spam....

^Yep. When I run Raichu I usually use 2 SV and 1 Prime. But I don't focus on recovering energy. Now that electivire is gone, anyway.

what about playing 3 raichu prime and 1 level x? tech in electivire fb and crobat g. maybe something like

4-3-1 raichu
2-2 vire fb
2 crobat g
2-1 uxie
1 azelf

then with keep your energy breakdown you could get 2 kills in one turn, then take your next turn to recharge with vire. retreat/seeker up your lvlx, drop onto now active raichu and rinse repeat. use fisherman/conductive quarry to get energy back to hand to reuse voltage shoot.

I tried 'vire FB for a while with raichu and not much luck. It really sounds good in theory, but when I put the cards together, not much success. Hefty retreat, can be sprayed, more cards needed to function etc. I know ray isn't the best ether, and has the same qualities as FB, but less cards. Plus its interesting to see faces when he's on the bench. Couple rainbow or fire and he's good to go! Lol!

I do like your idea though since seekers a great card. I use it if ray is sprayed. You have a skeleton list of support you've been trying? I realized I need to update the list.

My updated list
Pokes
1 rayquaza
1 rotom md
1 unown q
2-2 manetric
1 rotom ul
2-1 uxie
4-2-1-1 raichu (1hg, 2 prime, 1X)
T/S/S
2 sunnyshore city
1 copycat
1 fisherman
1 pont
4 poke communication
3 collector
2 interviewers
1 conductive quarry
1 lux ball
3 bebes
1 warp point
1 premier ball
1 palmers
4 seeker
Energy
2 warp
13 electric
Whatcha think?

@mlouden03: Oh, crap, that's right. >_< Can't use that Vire...

@snorlax71: Well, Vire FB is gonna be way too slow. :/ My only other idea is to run 2-3 Stormfront Magnezone (LTG version) with 3-4 HGSS Raichu (they do 100 damge, which is 20 less than Raichu Prime, but they're also faster [2 LTG for 100 straight dmg], and you can always slap an Expert Belt on'em) or 3-4 Raichu Prime with Energy Gain attached to'em. And while you're using Magnezone, you might as well throw 1-2 Magnezone Prime in there (since they rotated Claydol out of the format, you could use the draw power).

Whatever you do, you need focus. If you build your deck with too much "variety", you'll lose: you won't perform consistently enough, and the decks that do will beat you out of the competition. Raichu's strength is beating the opponent to the punch--you need to have that thunder mouse up and blasting the crap out of everything in 1-2 turns, tops. You need pure, consistent offense.

Magnazone takes a lot of support to get out to be a tech/energy accel and. Stage 2. Don't take this bad but if I were to use magnazone, I'd drop raichu and build a magnazone deck.

@snorlax71: Yeah, I kinda agree. :\ Honestly, the best set-up for a Raichu is now out of rotation. -_- You can try running 'Trode Prime, but I just think that KOing your own Pokemon is gonna catch up to you pretty fast (and Trode P was really meant for cards like Lanturn Prime, who don't discard the energy you went through the trouble to KO Trode P for...). I'm not sure what else to tell ya, if you're dead-set on running a Raichu deck.

@snorlax, you don't have to keep raichu fed if you're using the SV one and don't need to discard. Gigashock and voltage shoot are pretty nasty by themselves.

amisheskimoninja, so your support line is close to mine (hey rhyme time kiddies!) when raichu SV is added instead of a prime?

With pachi coming out in a couple weeks. Any ideas on how (or if) I should change the list to work it in. Or is it even worth it? I was thinking of dropping rotom UD and maybe a communication for 2 pachi.

Here's the list again

1 unown Q
1 rotom MD
2-1 uxie
2-2 manetric
1 rotom UD
4-2-1-1 raichu UD HGSS Lv X
1 ray

2 sunnyshore
2 fisherman
1 pont
3 communication