Pokemon R/S/E Remake Hints Discussion

Bolt the Cat said:
Am I the only one who's even more excited to see RS remakes after seeing what XY looks like? Hoenn in 3D would be completely Arceus tier.

i'm throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening. Please Nintendo...

Apparently there is gonna be GBA games for WiiU virtual console in the near future.

What are the odds they would put Pokemon games on there? ;)
Not even the "internal clock is dead" argument would be any good then lol

Champion Red said:
There were so many things hinting towards R/S/E remakes, and you pick the most obscure and false ideas.

I don't recall anything "hinting".

Mitja said:
Apparently there is gonna be GBA games for WiiU virtual console in the near future.

Not very likely. Pokemon games wouldn't work on VC because people would want to transfer their Pokemon to current gen games, which would be impossible.

Plus, you kind of lose out on the social aspect of Pokemon, trading and battling would be impossible.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

Not very likely. Pokemon games wouldn't work on VC because people would want to transfer their Pokemon to current gen games, which would be impossible.

Plus, you kind of lose out on the social aspect of Pokemon, trading and battling would be impossible.

They also said they'd modify NES games to have save files and 3d effects or something....but the GBA games would probably just be emulated originals so you're probably right.

So I'm sure it's now or never that they release R/S/E, the anniversary is about a month and a half away (or 47 days), and in the past I've seen them announce remakes much earlier. I pray to god we get those remakes, I pray to god.

Equinox said:
So I'm sure it's now or never that they release R/S/E, the anniversary is about a month and a half away (or 47 days), and in the past I've seen them announce remakes much earlier. I pray to god we get those remakes, I pray to god.

Well FRLG didn't release anywhere near RB's 10th anniversary, so I don't think they necessarily have to hold to that. And given the current situation, I'd say a RS remake would be reasonable in about a year or two.

Equinox said:

The anniversary was back in November.

And that god could lend a hand elsewhere if he cared.

Equinox said:
Actually, they came out on March 19, 2003 (unless you're talking about in Japan).

Of course I am. Why would the NA release dates be special?

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

Hmmmm they could remake it on the wii u, then we have all the perks of a pokemon game and just have them throw it on the VC with wifi abilities for battling and trading

catutie said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Hmmmm they could remake it on the wii u, then we have all the perks of a pokemon game and just have them throw it on the VC with wifi abilities for battling and trading

That wouldn't help any. For one, what if you wanted to trade or battle between two different Pokemon games on the same console. I don't think that's even possible to do. Second, the mechanics would still make transferring impossible (most notably, the 1st and 2nd gen IV system), unless they altered some of them, but then I could see people complaining about it not being an "authentic experience" or something.

Bolt the Cat said:
catutie said:

That wouldn't help any. For one, what if you wanted to trade or battle between two different Pokemon games on the same console. I don't think that's even possible to do. Second, the mechanics would still make transferring impossible (most notably, the 1st and 2nd gen IV system), unless they altered some of them, but then I could see people complaining about it not being an "authentic experience" or something.

Isn't it the same way with the ds? You can only trade between b/w and b2/w2 and only battle between those.

Just give it wifi capabilities and then friend codes or random wifi battles and your good to go.

And authentic experience? Hgss wasn't an authentic experience, it was changed a bit (honestly gen 2 is my least favorite) it's ok if they tweak it a little, if your a true fan of gen 3 you'll be fine with it, if your just out to be a complainer then you'll hate it

catutie said:
Isn't it the same way with the ds? You can only trade between b/w and b2/w2 and only battle between those.

Except the difference is that both games would be on one console. The 3DS or Wii U would need to be able to trade with itself in order for it to work.

Bolt the Cat said:
catutie said:

Except the difference is that both games would be on one console. The 3DS or Wii U would need to be able to trade with itself in order for it to work.

They can do that too, they did it with pokemon battle revolution. And if the remake is after x and y then they can program the option to link with a system in, hinting at another pokemon stadium esque game but BAM RSE REMAKE and everyone faints and dies....alright maybe not everyone

catutie said:
Bolt the Cat said:

They can do that too, they did it with pokemon battle revolution. And if the remake is after x and y then they can program the option to link with a system in, hinting at another pokemon stadium esque game but BAM RSE REMAKE and everyone faints and dies....alright maybe not everyone

That's not the same thing. All right, lemme give you an example.

Let's say you have both Red and Blue on your Wii U, and you want to trade between them. How would you do that? And what about if they were both on the same 3DS?

Bolt the Cat said:
catutie said:

That's not the same thing. All right, lemme give you an example.

Let's say you have both Red and Blue on your Wii U, and you want to trade between them. How would you do that? And what about if they were both on the same 3DS?

Ohhhhhh ok I understand, hmmmm maybe they could have inner connectability, like it searches for the other game on your wii u and then lets you trade from the pc box

Back