• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Quick Donphan (Masters, Any)

One of my friends won with this deck at Cities last Saturday however the build that he borrowed from a friend mainly just had a 4-4 Donphan Prime line with 2-3 Expert Belt's and an Uxie LA or two. He didn't run very many tech's in it and he managed to beat Luxray/Garchomp/Dialga with ease in the Final Round of Top Cut.

He went like 6-1 or 7-1 with the Donphan Prime deck, his only loss was probably against Gyarados or Kingdra but that's just a guess I'll have to ask him later the next time I see him.

how can you beat dialga with a donphan deck? If they start with Dialaga (the one that doesnt allow you to evolve) then how do you get around that?

Because the Dialga that stops evolution isn't that great. Plus, the Dialga I pointed out laughs at it and says "OHAI EVOLUTIONS"

And dialga PL only works on the opponents active. So they can just evolve on the bench. If you want to slow your opponent down then donphan is the wrong deck for you. The most disruptive donphan deck (that works good) is id you play:
4-4 donphan prime
2-2 manetric PL
2 Uxie LA
4 Mesprit LA (maybe only 3, i don't remember)

That and T/S/S like 4 super scoop up, 4 seeker, 3 (or 4) Broken time space. to help you evolve fast and reuse mesprit's power. The strategy is to start with phanpy or electric. And get a mesprit out T1 (first turn) to lock your opponents power from the start, and slowing them down. If you play good you can power lock your opponent for 8+ turns.

Back