• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Quad Yveltal EX

Marshenanigans

King of the Flies
Just kidding it's more like a Quad Yveltal + Absol Deck but yeah I want to see basically if I can sacrifice any sort of setup during the game for just pure damage output turn 1 through end of the game.

Pokemon:

• 4 Yveltal EX
    1 Absol

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Lysandre
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Professor's Letter
    4 Bicycles
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2(or 3) Switch
    4 Random Receiver
    2(or 3) Shadow Circle

Energy:

• 9 Dark Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:
Pretty much get T1 Y-Clycone (through playtesting have seen this to be true about 70%-ish) of the time and be ready to 2 hit KO anything that comes on to the board. This deck is supposed to mimic the Speed Lugia deck in the speedy portion at least. Even Raichu needs a turn to set up and evolve and so do Virizion/Genesect, other Yveltals and Darkrais, and Rayquazas as well. With an amazing speed setup and the many ways this deck has to catcher out other important targets (Catchers, Lysadre, and Dowsing), dominating should be quite simple. If things get too harsh you always have the 2 shadow Circles in the deck. Debating if I should make room for at least 1 Skyla though (probably should).

Thank you for taking the time to look at my decklist and feel free to post any suggestions!

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I think this is a pretty cool idea. To be honest, I'm surprised that I haven't seen it already. I'm interested in how it will play out. The list leaves me with a few concerns though:

1. Your opponent can set up a pyroar turn 2. You have no way to deal with pyroar once he's out. You may want to run extra lysandres in order to knock out benched litleos early on.
2. There's a good chance that you'll only open with absol and nothing else.
3. If you run into sigilyph or suicune, your only hope is absol. if he's in your prizes or knocked out with no way to retrieve him, you're sunk.

Also, regarding your strategy, evil ball is a much better focus than y cyclone, it can do insane amounts of damage as the energy piles up. Shadow circle will keep raichu off of your back, which is good. Altogther, this deck is strong, but risky. It will overpower some decks and be helpless against others. Depending on who you intend to play, it can work though. If pyroar, suicune, and sigilyph dont see much play at your locals, this will do fine.

my change suggestions:
-1 shauna: Not really necessary. We need to make room.
-3 roller skates: Too much risk and not enough reward.
+1 N: N is fantastic in quad decks. If you mulligan enough, your opponent has obscene card advantage. This will put you on equal footing.
+2 Lysandre: Honestly, I may be going overboard here, but with a limited supply of pokemon, you can't afford to lose one, so you need to hit the bench when your opponent tries to set up!
+1 random receiver: You must draw a supporter every turn. Also, each situation calls for a specific one of the 3 you are using. This will increase the odds of you having the right one.

Despite my many criticisms, I really do like this deck and see a lot of potential. I think you should play some games and get a feel for the local competition, then take the time to adjust and fine-tune your strategy accordingly.

Best of Luck! :)

(P.S.: Remember, Evil Ball is better than Y--Cyclone 90% of the time!!!! ;) )

optomasprime said:
I think this is a pretty cool idea. To be honest, I'm surprised that I haven't seen it already. I'm interested in how it will play out. The list leaves me with a few concerns though:

1. Your opponent can set up a pyroar turn 2. You have no way to deal with pyroar once he's out. You may want to run extra lysandres in order to knock out benched litleos early on.
2. There's a good chance that you'll only open with absol and nothing else.
3. If you run into sigilyph or suicune, your only hope is absol. if he's in your prizes or knocked out with no way to retrieve him, you're sunk.

Also, regarding your strategy, evil ball is a much better focus than y cyclone, it can do insane amounts of damage as the energy piles up. Shadow circle will keep raichu off of your back, which is good. Altogther, this deck is strong, but risky. It will overpower some decks and be helpless against others. Depending on who you intend to play, it can work though. If pyroar, suicune, and sigilyph dont see much play at your locals, this will do fine.

my change suggestions:
-1 shauna: Not really necessary. We need to make room.
-3 roller skates: Too much risk and not enough reward.
+1 N: N is fantastic in quad decks. If you mulligan enough, your opponent has obscene card advantage. This will put you on equal footing.
+2 Lysandre: Honestly, I may be going overboard here, but with a limited supply of pokemon, you can't afford to lose one, so you need to hit the bench when your opponent tries to set up!
+1 random receiver: You must draw a supporter every turn. Also, each situation calls for a specific one of the 3 you are using. This will increase the odds of you having the right one.

Despite my many criticisms, I really do like this deck and see a lot of potential. I think you should play some games and get a feel for the local competition, then take the time to adjust and fine-tune your strategy accordingly.

Best of Luck! :)

(P.S.: Remember, Evil Ball is better than Y--Cyclone 90% of the time!!!! ;) )

Thank you so much! Your comment really helped and made a lottt of since. You are completely right with the extra lysandres btw and I never actually thought about the N advantage I had. I'll be making these changes right away :D

Also I decided to cut the last roller skates as 1 roller skates in the deck doesn't seem to cut it for 1 chance at a 50/50 chance for 3 cards. Decided to up the strength of my defenses by adding in another switch or another shadow circle (don't really know yet haha).

Have you thought about a Darkrai EX for free retreat, or do you like having the ability to discard Energy to Dark Patch it onto something else? I find that a one of Darkrai really help in a lot of situations, especially when you don't want to discard certain Energy, or don't have enough to retreat into something else.

Back