Quad Stone from ‘Paradigm Trigger’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Quad Stone has been revealed from the Japanese set Paradigm Trigger, which releases in Japan on October 21st. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Quad Stone – Trainer
Item
You may use 4 Quad Stone cards at once.
– If you used 1 card, heal 10 damage from your Active Pokemon.
– If you used 4 cards, heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (This effect works one time for 4 cards.)
You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Continue reading...

Even if Cheryl or Cheren's Care didn't exist, I doubt this would see play in anything. Coulda been interesting if it had effects for 2 and 3 cards (maybe 100 heal on active for 2, and 100 for all your Pokemon or max heal on active for 3). Even if you're playing the Inteleon engine or Arceus VSTAR, you can easily get screwed out of prized copies. Oh and even if you manage to grab all 4, you kinda gotta use them as soon as possible since you can't really hold onto them for a clutch situation thanks to Marnie and Roxanne.

Very bad. 1 copy is less than a potion and nobody plays that and 4 copies for just one heal is not worth that deck space. Losing just one to a discard or being prized at the wrong time kills the usability.

Cool idea, but there is no way I'm putting 4 copies of a card in my deck just to have a slight chance of having them all at once.

Trying to think of a deck that could use this. Maybe Darkrai VStar uses ability to bring 2 pieces back when you luck out and have 2 in hand? Wish there was a 2 card usage effect for like heal 100 or something.

*insert here a reply of someone saying they saw this card last week*

i saw this card last week
only deck i could imagine this being good in is goodra with the lost zone engine but even then it’s probably not worth the deck space

also flower selecting 2 quad stone feels bad

would probably be solid if it was in the category of like puzzle/custom catcher where it has the same first effect but if you play 2 you heal all damage from one Pokémon but how are you getting all 4 of these into your hand ever lol

Finally, a full restore item! Needs Peonia to get it from the prize though, if any piece got stuck there. So looking froward for this crazy heal card! ??

i saw this card last week
only deck i could imagine this being good in is goodra with the lost zone engine but even then it’s probably not worth the deck space

also flower selecting 2 quad stone feels bad

would probably be solid if it was in the category of like puzzle/custom catcher where it has the same first effect but if you play 2 you heal all damage from one Pokémon but how are you getting all 4 of these into your hand ever lol
I love me a good challenge. ? All four may not be easy to pull off but with the right combos, i'm certain every card has the potential to show its full power. ?

Back