Discussion Puzzle of time

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
You think playing Puzzle of time with a 3-2 Zoroark line is pushing your luck?

You think playing Puzzle of time with a 3-2 Zoroark line is pushing your luck?

(My basis for this is assuming you mean Zoroark-GX. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
I wouldn't think that. Most Zoroark lists I've seen play a solid 4 Puzzles, and I'm the kind of girl who's typically just fond of setting up only 2 Zoroark-GX on her board. Even in a lower amount of Zoroark-GX, you're still using Trade constantly and have the ability to draw into your Puzzles easier, or have the resources in your discard you wish to get back, even if you're not using Trade four times in one turn. It's still worth it to play in my opinion, and while it's a little looser with a smaller amount of Zoroark-GX, by no means do I think it's pushing your luck.
That's my thinking though. At the end of the day, test things out, try these ideas, and get your own personal opinion on whether or not you feel comfortable playing Puzzle with a smaller amount of Zoroark-GX.

Hope this could help! @Eltyr

Last edited:
A partially funny thought as well, adding onto that last response. You could even play something like Skyla (Or heck, even Order Pad, I guess) if you want to try and search Puzzles out to make up for the lower counts of Trade you'll be using in a turn.

A partially funny thought as well, adding onto that last response. You could even play something like Skyla (Or heck, even Order Pad, I guess) if you want to try and search Puzzles out to make up for the lower counts of Trade you'll be using in a turn.
Hate coin flip cards and skyla defeats the purpose since I mainly get acerolas or guzmas, trying with a 3-3 atm I'll see if it works.

In my current Zororoark-Golisopod deck, I run a 4-4 Zororark GX line with 4 Puzzle of Time (PoT) and found that the PoT made a HUGE difference over my earlier versions of the deck.

Given that you are only running a 3-2 Zoroark line in some deck, it's difficult to say if the PoT would be more helpful or not without knowing more about your deck. But, needless to say, the PoT can offer a great deal of deck versatility; however, you may actually not need it given the remainder of your deck and associated deck strategy. So, try testing your deck with and without the PoT to best determine if you want them.

Hate coin flip cards and skyla defeats the purpose since I mainly get acerolas or guzmas, trying with a 3-3 atm I'll see if it works.

Hating coin flips is completely justifiable if you ask me, though I personally think Skyla could work and can be given a chance, especially for something like Puzzle where you can have one in hand and technically just Ultra Ball for Tapu Lele-GX and use Wonder Tag for Skyla for the second Puzzle.

If it were a 3-3 Zoroark GX line I'd think it'd be fine because you really need to get 2 of them out to get the good draw going

If you use a 3-2 or 3-3 Zoroark line, wouldn't Mallow be the better option over Skyla since you can trade into 2 cards then, even 2 Puzzles?

If you use a 3-2 or 3-3 Zoroark line, wouldn't Mallow be the better option over Skyla since you can trade into 2 cards then, even 2 Puzzles?

In most scenarios, I believe so, yes. Skyla was just the first card that came to mind.
I think Skyla still has its place as it's not dependant on using Trade if you've already used it for the turn or don't have Zoroark-GX in play. As a slight revision, Mallow is the better option generally as it's better in almost every scenario.

PoT is good in Zoroark, but I think its almost never going to be worth it without ways to draw into them. Mallow comes to mind, but requires you to not already have used Trade(s) and requires abilities to be turned on. Skyla, on the other hand, does not require trade, but also requires you to already have a PoT in your hand. As for Mallow and Skyla in general, I think Mallow would generally be better because Skyla can only fetch Trainers, while Mallow can get you anything. However, beware of ability lock, cos thatd hurt :V

Without knowing the rest of your deck, I'd say yes. If you have both Zoroark-GX on the field you should be able to Trade into them fairly easily. I'd prefer a 3-3 line personally, but again, I don't know the rest of the deck so maybe a 3-2 line is fine.

I've played against a lot of Zoroarks decks lately and they ALWAYS get to use at least one pair of PoT, because their draw engine is design to get cards without discarding or reshuffling. If your deck space is tight, have a thinner line of supporters or items, since the good thing about Zoroark is Trade, and you want important things in the discard to PoT when really needed.

Back