Help PTCGO Testing Group for Tournaments

TigerZord14

Aspiring Trainer
looking for a legitimate testing group willing to help each other test for irl tournament settings . need to have cards to build irl lists from past events and knowledge to play them correctly. i am tired of facing bad decks and/or players online who are not giving me a realistic experience of a deck i will play irl. i am trying to become a better and more active irl player and just playing ladder isnt cutting it. if interested in joining me or are already part of a group leave your information in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be down to test. I was just thinking this the other day. While I love playing the online ladder to unlock rewards and stuff, sometimes I just want to test my decks against certain meta decks. I play online often, and would be down to test with you. My PTCGO screen name is Salshred. Let me know what you want to test against. I have almost all the main meta decks built online, assuming you want to test standard. I don't play expanded.

I'm a 1000 percent in. Been looking for the same mhall1207 is my screen name

Maybe we should start a facebook group or something to make conversation easier, scheduling legitimate time, what we want to test etc. skype?

Let me know

I can build anything online, and IRL

Hello all,
I am in search of a dedicated playtesting group to sharpen my skills against. I am an intermediate level player who competes in online tournaments every month. I am seeking out experienced players to give me a good indication of the effectiveness of my lists.

We would pool our cards and knowledge together in an effort to consistently top the pokebeach tournament.

If you are in need of more consistently high level of opponent than the ladder can provide. and are serious about upping your game, leave your IGN and a bit about yourself in this thread :)

Ign: austincrediblle

Been playing for about 2 years. Mainly online due to a pretty young local crowd. I play about 2 hours a day.

My all time favorite decks are espy/garb, turbo dark and Darkrai/Dragonair

Lol I don't know how I missed this thread. I just posted the exact same thing 2 hours ago. Ign: austincrediblle

I have most decks built on TCGO, and I'm sure everyone knows the legitimacy of my knowledge of the irl game.

Giving us your discord would be a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a few minutes . Don't currently use discord, but downloading it now. I'll put down my username when I get it.

I'm in if you want to play some good best of 3 matches with my IRL (also online) decks. Add Wowowiwo, PM me whenever im online!

I'm on PTCGO every day, and would love to get involved. Although, I don't run typical decks, but they are strong and don't lose often.

I was thinking we could set up a scheduled playtesting session each week where we play each other round robin style. Then after everyone has played everyone we can sit back and discuss ideas for our lists based on our in Match observations.

I like that idea. I really want to be able to test decks against the popular archetypes that are doing well right now, like Buzz/Roc (or Buzz/Garb) and also HO-OH Ki awe builds. multiple best of three matches against some of these big meta decks can be really helpful when it comes to figuring out a new deck's strengths and weaknesses.

What time zone are you all in. I'm on the west coast, so Pacific Standard Time. I usually play in the evenings around 5 PM. I also have every other Monday off of work, so I usually play a lot on those Mondays.

I'm in and waiting for someone to post a discord invite (or should I make one myself?)

As much as I love meming about on the vs ladder with Glaceon, having a serious testing environment would be great.

I'm always looking to test with people due to seeing some silly things on the ladder that don't really help me get a grasp of certain decks and how certain matchups really go. My IGN is Gassy165 and i'd be happy to join any discord or group so we could schedule easier :)

Back