• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PTCGO: Build Typhlosion OR Gyarados?

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
As a F2P player i have narrowed down my options to these two. I love both decks and how they work. I have all the cards except for 4 for each deck.

I need either 4x Typhlosion OR 4x Team Magma Secret Base for Gyarados.

To get 4 typhlosion i need 8 SM packs. Where as to get 3 - 4 Secret Base i need 9 or 12 SM packs.

Which should i invest in? (F2P player here)

Gyarados is an objectively better deck, so I'd probably go with that.
Agreed, And i think i am leaning that direction more and more. Been testing both decks on TCG One and Gyarados is by far the more consistent.

Also i just found out that Packs you recive from quests....are tradeable...huh that makes things much eaiser. (Got a Roaring skies pack, tempted to open, but i am gonna save it for Secret base.)

Typhlosion is a good deck but because you are playing over 20 energy you can often not get the cards you need (rare candy always eludes me). Build Gyarados.

You can massively increase the consistency of Typhlosion by running 4 Talonflame and 2 Talonflame BREAK in that deck for both searching and another offensive option.

That said, definitely go Gyarados. It autoloses to Decidueye which is unfortunate, but is overall a much better and more consistent deck against everything else, and Typhlosion doesn't exactly fair well against item lock either.

You can massively increase the consistency of Typhlosion by running 4 Talonflame and 2 Talonflame BREAK in that deck for both searching and another offensive option.

That said, definitely go Gyarados. It autoloses to Decidueye which is unfortunate, but is overall a much better and more consistent deck against everything else, and Typhlosion doesn't exactly fair well against item lock either.
Not necessarily with the new Machoke

Back