• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Psychic Deck (scolipede-metagross)

Minty88

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

3-2-3 Scolipede (BW)
2-1-2 Metagross (UL)
2-2 Mismagius (UL)
2 Jirachi (UL/COL)
2 Cleffa (HS/COL)
1 Spiritomb (TM)

T/S/S:

2 Pokemon Collector
2 Dual Ball
3 Seeker
2 Circulator
2 Junk Arm
2 Interviewers Questions
3 PONT
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Juniper
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 PETM
1 Copycat

Energy:
2 Rescue
2 DCW
8 Psychic

The Basic Idea is to get out Scolipede either T2 or T3 while also setting up Metagross and Mismagius. Jirachi is for energy recovery that can be instantly moved to a Scolipede (or metagross) or any other pokemon to give them free retreat via Metagross' Poke-body. Spiritomb is in for disruption and also forcing an opponent to shuffle away a a seeker-ed pokemon.

between Rescue Energy and FSL, the deck can keep a Scolipede out almost all the time. Cleffa makes a great starter, but I also run 3 PONT, 1 Copycat, and 1 Juniper for draw support. The Circulator/Seeker combo is great in the early or late game, and it let me beat a Tyranitar deck outright. I do well against RDL (scolipede one-shots it, even with indigo on the field) and i do well against ReshiBoar as long as the deck doesn't use BadBoar as well as Reshiram. I do very badly against Donphan, though I do one-shot machamp.

Problems include the occasional slow start, and simply the less that fantastic output from scolipede (it can REALLY take a hit though) with zero retreat cost and two scolipedes on the field, you can last a while without giving up a prize.

Other cards I've considered putting in the deck:

Defender (to tank a BIG hit, and to reuse with junkarm)
1-1 Muk UD
Engineer's Adjusments (draw power and energy for jirachi to retrieve)
Blackbelt or Twins (for slow starts or Cleffa-fails)
Ruins for Alph = better T-tar match up
Judge = more disruptive that spiritomb, but cant be use to shuffle away a seekered opponent's pokemon

Final Word:

I know Scolipede isn't that good, honestly i'm just Hoping the new one in Emerging powers will fit in the deck and HIT HARD, or maybe even holding out for a Scolipede EX :)

I would just like constructive input on the my Deck with the highest HP psychic in the game currently and his supporting crew.

many thanks :D

Back