• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Prospector PewPew (Alolan Dugtrio/Starmie)

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Decklist:
Pokemon (18)
4-4 Alolan Dugtrio
3-3 Starmie (Space Beacon)
2-2 Octillery (Abyssal Hand)
1 Mew EX
2 Tapu Lele

Items (19)
4 Ultra Ball
3 Evo Soda
3 Choice Band
3 Professors Letter
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Field Blower
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

Supporters (9)
4 Brigette
3 Sycamore
2 Guzma

Stadiums (3)
3 Mt. Coronet

Energies (11)
11 Metal Energy

Gold Rush, no energy attack, does 30 for each energy discarded from hand.

This deck is so much fun to play. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Updated to my latest version of the list. Yeah, I know, it's really low on draw support. I've had a lot of success with this list so far, but the low draw supporter count does worry me as well for consistency. With the 4 UB and 3 Evo soda and the 2-2 Octillery though, I really haven't had many issues. Garbotoxin is still an issue, but no surprise there really.

Last edited:
-2 Super Rod
+1 Energy Retrieval
+1 Rescue stretcher

Since you don't really need to shuffle energy in the deck.

I've actually used the super rod to put energy back in, XD. I had a professor's letter in hand with only one energy in deck. Used it to put an energy in deck and take a KO on a metagross. I like having the option, just in case, but I see shifting tota single copy and upping the rescue stretcher.

I've actually used the super rod to put energy back in, XD. I had a professor's letter in hand with only one energy in deck. Used it to put an energy in deck and take a KO on a metagross. I like having the option, just in case, but I see shifting tota single copy and upping the rescue stretcher.
It would have been exactly the same if that rod was an energy retrieval (and in case you had even one energy in the deck, having the rod would have wasted an energy.

It would have been exactly the same if that rod was an energy retrieval (and in case you had even one energy in the deck, having the rod would have wasted an energy.

2 Pokemon recovery is just too little. I also put back in another Dugtrio line with that one energy. Dugtrio only has 60HP. It will (likely) never survive a hit, so you have to keep recycling them.

EDIT: Modified original list to reflect second rescue stretcher instead of super rod.

Make the Octillery line 2-2 so you can draw more consistently. You don't want to be prizing either half of the Octillery line when you can just be demolished by N.

Also, I should note that I plan on playing the SUM diglett that has the POT effect as it's attack.

Back