Proposal: Expanding Pokebeach into Gaming & Anime

Should we expand Pokebeach into Gaming & Anime more?

• Total voters
Lol, but I'm just saying that Screenshots are kinda worthless, IMO. Not to say that I am preventing or convincing WPM NOT to do that, but I'm just giving my opinion.

Abhorsen said:
Señor Noobnerd said:
Well, you are right, it never got far. But one of the reasons is because it is unofficial. Anyway, I did not mean Pokemon in general, but a thorough write-up on it. Extremely thorough.
What's there to be extremely thorough about though? Sure, you can pages and pages on a single Pokemon but who is going to read it all? People visit sites for very specific reasons and don't normally look for write ups on general Pokemon. They look for movesets, strategies, combos, breeding groups, etc.

What I would probably suggest is to have the standard moveset-strategy guide and add on an additional small write up about the Pokemon. That way there wouldn't be 2 separate articles, but one big one that everyone will want to read.

I understand what you are saying Abhorsen. Just have a section the Gaming Thread with all the movesets, counters, and such like Smogon. But, why not go to Smogon then? They are THE GBA battling site.

We can make a better one. As I already stated before, what's the point of making something that someone else has done?

The ALC's GBA Pokemon reviews are better.

Señor Noobnerd said:
We can make a better one. As I already stated before, what's the point of making something that someone else has done?

The ALC's GBA Pokemon reviews are better.

Honestly, we were so psyched to do the reviews. But know what? ecause they weren't official, it was impossible to read them because they had to posted in the thread and linked to the review thread. It seemed to have worked for a bit until we found out nobody was reading them.

I agree. That's why I suggested to make these review things official as with the card reviews.

We can still do something different to smogon. Looking at the smogon reviews, they only give advice/movesets regarding the single battle mode, and practically nothing regarding any other kind of match. So we could review pokemon only taking into account the other rules like double battles, staduim mode or level balance. Staduim mode is not hugely different, though.

Alternatively, we could start reviewing the DP pokemon, we know all the movesets and stats already. Or in other words, maybe guess how good they are going to be and cross our fingers hoping we get it right.

Yes, we actually CAN make an impact with the Reviews, it's just that it is the same as Smogon. Plus, it ain't official, which makes it far worse than what smogon is popular for. If WPM can make it Official, then I'll start to separate the reviewers into groups and bring it alive again.

We could do reviews for the Pokemon in the games for the main site, but you guys would need to know D/P strategies, which is why I would hold off until their English release.

Water Pokémon Master said:
We could do reviews for the Pokemon in the games for the main site, but you guys would need to know D/P strategies, which is why I would hold off until their English release.

I don't see why we can't do some Reviews that are not D/P yet. Maybe we can do separate Reviews, R/S/E and D/P Reviews. We can do 1 Review in 2 Weeks tops. If you could get it to be official, then we'll do it.

@All of you: The problem is, that was what I was trying to say in my first post...

Anyway, if it has to be official, then WPM should make a new post similar to the Strategist, but instead for card reviews, it will be for Pokemon.

I will suggest people from my Clan to WPM to do the Reviews. I fairly know who are good and who are not good in GBA. Of course, my ALC Members will be suggest into Reviewing, Arcanine 274, ShadowX, bacon-boy and GODZILLA. If I can help, I'll be editting them and I'll add any extra facts into the Reviews if needed. I'm already caught up with the Strategist Reviews that I'll have no time to Review them, but I can edit them fairly.

Well, if WPM makes the Pokemon reviews official, he will be the one to choose who should be doing the reviews. Lol.

By the way, I added a poll for this thing, so remember to vote!

i would like it to have more on gba,since i am not VERY good at the card game and much better in the gba

So, WPM, are you planning on making anything official or you are just going to leave Pokebeach as it is? If you are going for the former...good. If it is the latter, Pokebeach is satisfactory enough already, so don't worry.

I thought about what Abhorsen said. Reading somebody's opinion about a Pokemon is NOT what people want. They want movesets, strategy, counters, when to send it in, when to not, etc. That is what I think we should do with the reviews.

BUT, we would need a seperate section for the Pokemon like the Card Reviews has. Who wants to read a "quoted" clip from a PM?

Water Pokemon Master, if you are reading this take this into consideration.

LOL i'm the only one who voted 'No'

As much as I love my Anime and Games, I think this site should just stick to Pokemon. Personally, -Pokemon- thats all I come and visit here for. I haven't been active as of late, (other commitments), but now, with School out of the way and stuff, I'll visit a lot more lol. If we add Anime etc, the site becomes less focused on Pokemon, and as a result other Pokemon Sites will become better, and members will leave. sure, we'll get the Anime Community, but then we get all different interests and differences in opinions, which leads to wars, whereas if we remain just on Pokemon, we all have one general interest that we can discuss, and make ourselves better at. Anime and other games would just be a distraction in helping the community improve their game and Pokemon knowledge.

Thats my opinion lol
Marcus

We are just going to stick on Pokemon, but have more information of the Pokemon games. That's what I meant.

Ah ok, I see.

Well, then, yes... can I have my vote changed? LOL

Until my vote is changed, there is a 1 vote margin of error in "Yes'" favor.

I can't change the vote...Neither can you, LOL. So, I just added a note in the first post.

Back