Project Custom 3-Pokebeach Site (Approved by PMJ)

Xous said:
Black Rayquaza said:
lilsparks101 said:
seriously, scoring?

no.

-Black Rayquaza

xD Okay... I'll be patient until they're posted.

well, I said that for three reasons.

1. She was being highly impatient and annoying.

2. I'm not what our next plan of action is as less than 50% of all PC3 competitors failed to turn in a piece. Sites across the different forums are failing, I just dont see a solution right now.

3. I wanted to give those who didn't turn it in, to turn it in today and get some late points instead of failing the competition. Obviously that different happen, so I'm not sure still.

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
Xous said:
Black Rayquaza said:
lilsparks101 said:
seriously, scoring?

no.

-Black Rayquaza

xD Okay... I'll be patient until they're posted.

well, I said that for three reasons.

1. She was being highly impatient and annoying.

2. I'm not what our next plan of action is as less than 50% of all PC3 competitors failed to turn in a piece. Sites across the different forums are failing, I just don't see a solution right now.

3. I wanted to give those who didn't turn it in, to turn it in today and get some late points instead of failing the competition. Obviously that different happen, so I'm not sure still.

-Black Rayquaza

Woah.

Before you go making assumptions, first I am a guy. I do not know what made you think I was a girl, but that was wrong.

Looking past that, I have absolutely no clue where you get off telling me that. First I haven't heard anything from you in days, so as a competitor I have a right to ask about the scoring. Further more, when the due date was a day ago, and you still haven't said anything that gives me all the more reason to, but I digress. Second, calling me annoying for asking you a question about YOUR due date, is absurd. Even though your running a contest that's blatantly failing it gives you know right to take your attitude out on anyone, especially a contestant who actually signed up and handed their stuff in.

Let me stop now, before i actually get mad.

No offense to anyone, but I agree. I'm pretty sure you put out a deadline for a reason, and it's pretty disrespectful to everyone who got their entries in on time to extend it just for people who didn't.

lilsparks101 said:
Woah.

Before you go making assumptions, first I am a guy. I do not know what made you think I was a girl, but that was wrong.

Looking past that, I have absolutely no clue where you get off telling me that. First I haven't heard anything from you in days, so as a competitor I have a right to ask about the scoring. Further more, when the due date was a day ago, and you still haven't said anything that gives me all the more reason to, but I digress. Second, calling me annoying for asking you a question about YOUR due date, is absurd. Even though your running a contest that's blatantly failing it gives you know right to take your attitude out on anyone, especially a contestant who actually signed up and handed their stuff in.

Let me stop now, before I actually get mad.

Sorry about the gender mix up....I always had the assumption that you were a girl. My bad I guess.

Anyways, let me respond to this paragraph here. First of all, can you really expect us to judge at all when hardly anyone completed the challenge? You, of all people, should know how this works as it happened quite often in PC2. Dropouts are the main problem of all art contests, and we obviously haven't figured out the solution quite yet....I dont even know if this competition will finish and your giving me this about scoring four pieces? I had discussed with a few people on Friday about our next course of action, due to the dropouts,and a decision was not made. I still do not know what will happen.....is it worth it to continue a competition in which less than 10% of the expected events are occurring? Every forum but Beach and PE2K hasn't even gotten past the first challenge. I stopped operations there due to low participation there as well....I believe you also knew that though, didn't you? The comments you made were very impatient AND rude, not even mentioning the attitude you took in your last post. Don't yell at us, why don you talk to the 10 or so competitors who failed to turn in a Challenge #2 entry? That is why the scoring is not here, nor will be, until a solution is reached. Please TRY to be patent here, and hopefully we will figure something out in the coming times.

Thank you.
-Black Rayquaza

Squire said:
No offense to anyone, but I agree. I'm pretty sure you put out a deadline for a reason, and it's pretty disrespectful to everyone who got their entries in on time to extend it just for people who didn't.

I wasn't extending it at all.....a late day is given to those who could not turn it in on time at a penalty. People didn't even do that, so this has no relevance.

I'm sorry if this was partially my fault.
I was really busy the past week, so I didn't have much time to work on my entry.
then when I do find some time to do it, my word processor wasn't functioning properly. :/
Again, I'm sorry, and I'll try to complete challenges in the future. :[

Rykeus: I'm sorry, but that was very harsh...
I don't think it's my place to say, but I believe that Xous' piece had a lot more effort put into it.
I mean, as you said, he drew the pictures by hand, meaning that he didn't just copy and paste something, add a few affects and call it a banner.
I don't mean to say that lilsparks' banner didn't show effort; I'm just saying that you shouldn't flame Xous just because lilsparks got second place. :/
It's not his fault; he didn't do the judging.

let me try to stay out of this argument, but piplup what you just said to the most literal meaning meant his banner had more effort than mine. If that's not contradicting i don't know what is.

Just saying since i can obviously tell thats what you meant, why not just say it? Not going to make that much of a difference to me...

I don't see how it is random in anyway. It fits with his theme. It's meant to be Mt. Coronet.
In my opinion, he did a very good job on it.

And why are you complaining about the judging? lilsparks' got second, meaning that he would get far in the competiton. :/
I don't see anything wrong with B_Ray's and the other's judging. They judged them all fairly.
:[

@lilsparks: I'm sorry if I offended you. I really didn't mean it like that.
I'm just saying that surely if Xous created the images, then that would require a lot more effort than just obtaining them from a website? But you did put a lot of effort into all the effects and things.
It's really not my place to say anything really, so I'm just going to step out of this arguement, and hope things are resolved.

How does the theme "Mt. Coronet" contain Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra? It's just (great) random renders pasted onto a (suckish) background. There's no theme.

I'm sure you did put a lot of effort into it, but Xous also put a lot of effort into his.
Besides, these pieces haven't been judged yet anyway. For all you know, you might come first.

I really don't want argue about this anymore..
To me, art is supposed to be about having fun expressing yourself.
If you really like what you're doing, it shouldn't matter to you whether someone thinks your art isn't as good as someone elses.
I mean, lilsparks, does being first really matter to you that much? :[

I entered this contest to have fun, but it's starting to get really competitive.
I'm sure B Ray didn't want it to turn out like this. :[

no, actually i was just pointing out. You made the assumption that i had taken it off the web (dont deny it you did)

also if you notice never once did i say anything about the scoring... (besides when the round was ending)

Has this thread just turned into spam then??? Thats a shame, I thought you guys would have a bit more decency than that.

-Black Rayquaza

Sorry, Black Rayquaza, for the spam that ensued from those that can't keep their opinions to themselves, as their views neither hold sway over the results of the competition, nor do they have any serious artistic understanding behind them.* I'm glad to see fellow artists and competitors back up my work, as I would theirs without a second thought.

Again, I'll patiently wait for the results, as I understand the seriousness of the situation the whole Project Custom 3 is in.

*To explain myself here, since I know it'll probably sting a little, saying a piece has its objects simply "randomly placed" is completely ludicrous - anyone with even a shred of artistic understanding knows everything placed on a banner (or any piece of art, for that matter) has immense amounts of thought placed into it, as the layout of the items in the foreground determine the overall aesthetic beauty of the piece. Oh, and as for those that didn't get the theme (and thankfully there were those that did), the fact that you didn't even get that is another sign of your understanding. (Especially with the text RIGHT IN THE PIECE! xD)

Since PC3 has been running for so long, you would think you would have solved the major issues that always happen. Such as, I don't know.. dropouts? You act as if it's something new that you don't know how to deal with it. Dropouts and late entries are COMMON, and still when they happen, you have no solution.

This competition is really fun for most of us, which is why we choose to participate. And because we want to go far in the competition, we stress ourselves out on finishing our piece for YOUR due date. If we don't, then we get 0 points, or whatever the penalty is. But if we get it out on time, then there's no difference, as the judges are late on their scoring. What's the point in getting our entries in on time if you'll just be giving the late entries extended time to finish? Pretty hypocritical imo. I'm just sayin, for a traditional tourney, I say you get it together.

And Rykeus: You're TOTALLY right on giving people with late entries MORE points. It makes total sense. I mean, let me take 2 months to finish a piece, and get MORE points for those that finish on time. Yea.

George2FRESH said:
And Rykeus: You're TOTALLY right on giving people with late entries MORE points. It makes total sense. I mean, let me take 2 months to finish a piece, and get MORE points for those that finish on time. Yea.
Sounds a tad sarcastic.

i'm not saying it should be two months overdue. but what's the point in giving people points for a banner that looks rushed instead of decent?

Xous, what ive seen of the Sinnoh banner you made is 10-11 pictures slapped on a big lifeless mountain. its a grassland with a mountain in the back that's supposed to represent Sinnoh? (there's better pictures of Sinnoh you know)

i thought you people were understanding and decent, but youve proven otherwise. You guys don't even LISTEN to another's point of view, it makes you arrogant and self-centered. Good luck with the competition that's gonna die sooner or later, even if PC3 gets as far as the finals, you can count on the fact that there won't be a PC4.

and to the Pokebeach staff, i fully understand if this is flaming or insulting in some way, you can ban me for it if you want (an IP ban won't stop me anyway)

Rykeus said:
I'm not saying it should be two months overdue. but what's the point in giving people points for a banner that looks rushed instead of decent?

Xous, what ive seen of the Sinnoh banner you made is 10-11 pictures slapped on a big lifeless mountain. its a grassland with a mountain in the back that's supposed to represent Sinnoh? (there's better pictures of Sinnoh you know)

I thought you people were understanding and decent, but youve proven otherwise. You guys don't even LISTEN to another's point of view, it makes you arrogant and self-centered. Good luck with the competition that's gonna die sooner or later, even if PC3 gets as far as the finals, you can count on the fact that there won't be a PC4.

and to the Pokebeach staff, I fully understand if this is flaming or insulting in some way, you can ban me for it if you want (an IP ban won't stop me anyway)

First of all, the pictures weren't simply "slapped on", as you constantly seem to believe, there were over twenty versions of this banner that I went over, each one with varying layouts. So please, don't just say they've been "slapped on", as thought was put into it. And "a big lifeless mountain"? You're really something - you name another landmark in Sinnoh that defines the overall region better than the place it all started - Mt. Coronet. Sorry my rendition of it is so "lifeless", but I think it shows a little more originality than using something someone else made. Granted, it may look that way to you, but honestly, your opinion doesn't matter in this, and I'll let the judges decide how it looks. :)

I realize you're entitled to your own opinion, and honestly, I completely understand where you're coming from. But don't attack us, the competitors in this fine competition, for putting effort into our work, when you've no work to speak of in this contest anyways - technically, this doesn't even concern you. :/

If you don't like the way it's judged, keep it to yourself, or PM the judges - don't come in here and drag down the work of others just to point out how upset you are about someone else getting a score you think they didn't deserve.

Back