• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primal Kyogre-EX Toolbox

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Pokemon: 12

- 2 Kyogre EX
- 2 Primal Kyogre EX
- 2 Manaphy EX
- 1 Palkia EX
- 1 Glaceon EX
- 1 Regice
- 1 Hoopa EX
- 2 Shaymin ex

Trainers: 36
- 4 Professor Sycamore
- 2 N
- 1 Lysandre
- 1 Ninja Boy
- 1 Skyla
- 1 Fisherman

- 1 Professors letter
- 4 Max Elixer
- 3 Ultra Ball
- 2 Dive ball
- 3 Energy Switch
- 1 Escape rope/switch
- 4 VS Seeker
- 3 Trainers Mail
- 3 Rough Seas
- 2 Kyogre Spirit Link
Energy: 12

- 12 Water Energy

So i've been using this deck for quite a while now on TCG ONE (without Ninja Boy rip) and its been doing wonders for me, i'm curious though as to what you people think of this build.

i'll explain my deck choises~

2-2 Primal Kyogre line: i saw most people run a 3-3 line in deck videos and the like. but i feel 2-2 is the way to go IMO as i tend to only need 1 in a match.

11-10-2016 Edit: i'm gonna play in a standard format LC next week and i was hoping for some final advice on my list

Any advice, tips or constructive critisism is wanted~

Thanks for reading x3

Last edited:
Nice list.

I do think most players run a 3-3 P Kyogre EX line primarily to have access and use of 2 lines. In your case, should either of your main attackers is prized, you may be at a disadvantage only able to use 1 P Kyogre EX.

Secondly, I'd suggest you keep the Ninja Boy over Pokémon Ranger since it can be used to get a Shaymin EX, Hoopa EX, etc. out of play for either reuse or to deny your opponent a potential prize. Or, replace the card with you own Parallel City to remove both off your bench.

Also, 2 Stadiums, IMO, are insufficient in the current format (especially if you are not running Delinquent too). Although Rough Seas can heal most of your Pokémon, it also serves a dual purpose: counter-Stadium to your opponent's Stadium.

Lastly, have you considered running Olympia (should Manaphy's Ability be not available)? I use it in decks where I have "heavy" retreat-costing Pokémon.

I hope you find these comments helpful and I look forward to more rematches since I saw the might of your P Kyogre EX first hand...
:)

Last edited:
Nice list.

I do think most players run a 3-3 P Kyogre EX line primarily to have access and use of 2 lines. In your case, should either either of your main attackers is prized, you may be at a disadvantage only able to use 1 P Kyogre EX.

Secondly, I'd suggest you keep the Ninja Boy over Pokémon Ranger since it can be used to get a Shaymin EX, Hoopa EX, etc. out of play for either reuse or to deny your opponent a potential prize. Or, replace the card with you own Parallel City to remove both off your bench.

Also, 2 Stadiums, IMO, is insufficient in the current format (especially if you are not running Delinquent too). Although Rough Seas can heal most of your Pokémon, it also serves a dual purpose: counter-Stadium to your opponent's Stadium.

Lastly, have you considered running Olympia (should Manaphy's Ability be not available? I use it in decks where I have "heavy" retreat-costing Pokémon.

I hope you find these comments helpful and I look forward to more rematches since I saw the might of your P Kyogre EX first hand...
:)

I see i was already thinking about adding a third stadium/olympia but my deck feels really tight and i dont know what to remove for them just yet

I have a deck very similar to this, figured I'd show you.

~~Pokemon(12)~~
2 Kyogre EX PRC
2 Primal Kyogre AOR
2 Manaphy EX BKP
1 Palkia EX BKP
1 Glaceon EX FAC
1 Articuno ROS
1 Regice AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(35)~~
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N

1 Lysandre
1 Ninja Boy
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
4 Energy Switch
1 Dive Ball
1 Super Rod
3 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Kyogre Spirit Link
3 Rough Seas

~~Energy(14)~~
14 Water

Hope this helps at all ;)

I have a deck very similar to this, figured I'd show you.

~~Pokemon(12)~~
2 Kyogre EX PRC
2 Primal Kyogre AOR
2 Manaphy EX BKP
1 Palkia EX BKP
1 Glaceon EX FAC
1 Articuno ROS
1 Regice AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(35)~~
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N

1 Lysandre
1 Ninja Boy
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
4 Energy Switch
1 Dive Ball
1 Super Rod
3 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Kyogre Spirit Link
3 Rough Seas

~~Energy(14)~~
14 Water

Hope this helps at all ;)
nice list x3! one thing i never understood though was articuno in the deck. is delta plus good enough to make coin flips less of a deal?

nice list x3! one thing i never understood though was articuno in the deck. is delta plus good enough to make coin flips less of a deal?

Yes, I believe it is...I took 6 Prizes by simply knocking out 2 EX pokemon...remember we have Kyogre to deal damage to benched EX pokemon, so taking out Shaymins/Manaphy is a doddle...It's a good non ex attacker, which is pretty important...

Made the following changes to the deck after a ton of testing

Removed:

1 Water Energy
3 Fighting Fury Belt (they did nothing to help the deck imo)

Added

1 Mew (fates collide) (only here to help with the Mewtwo matchup)
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Skyla
1 Professors Letter

Oh man. A guy ran this at our league this past weekend and went 4-0. Anyone who finished a match early immediately went over to watch the deck in action. Pretty cool!

Pokemon: 13

- 2 Kyogre EX
- 2 Primal Kyogre EX
- 2 Manaphy EX
- 1 Palkia EX
- 1 Lugia EX
- 1 Glaceon EX
- 1 Mew (Fates collide)
- 1 Regice
- 1 Hoopa EX
- 1 Shaymin ex

Trainers: 36
- 4 Professor Sycamore
- 3 N
- 2 Lysandre
- 1 Ninja Boy
- 1 Skyla

- 1 Energy Retrieval
- 1 Professors letter
- 4 Max Elixer
- 4 Ultra Ball
- 4 Energy Switch
- 4 VS Seeker
- 3 Trainers Mail
- 2 Rough Seas
- 2 Kyogre Spirit Link
Energy: 11

- 11 Water Energy

So i've been using this deck for quite a while now on TCG ONE (without Ninja Boy rip) and its been doing wonders for me, i'm curious though as to what you people think of this build.

i'll explain my deck choises~

2-2 Primal Kyogre line: i saw most people run a 3-3 line in deck videos and the like. but i feel 2-2 is the way to go IMO as i tend to only need 1 in a match.

1 Lugia: i really love lugia is this deck as an absorber for tidal storm energies (you could use another Kyogre but sometimes i need my entire bench with different mons) \

only 2 Rough Seas: i get why its good in waterbox but 2 did the trick for me and i like it that way

i'm trying to fit the following cards in
Skyla
Professors Letter
Energy Retrieval
Articuno ROS

Any advice, tips or constructive critisism is wanted~

Thanks for reading x3

Slowly becoming my new favorite deck lol

i had a list of primal kyogre thats able to tidal storm turn 2 consistently since item lock is not a thing right now this deck will be viable
Interesting my deck is a bit slower due to it being a toolbox style deck but i agree that this deck is viable now with vespiqueen being gone and vileplume appearing less and less

Bump: I made a ton of changes to the deck once more~

Removed
1 Mew
1 Lugia EX
1 N
1 Lysandre
1 Utra ball
1 Energy switch

Added
1 Shaymin EX
1 Fisherman
1 Rough Seas
1 water energy
2 Dive ball

I'll be playing in a standard format LC next week and i'm looking for some final advice on the deck.

You may want to consider adding a Pokémon Ranger in order to nullify certain effects like Regice's Resistance Blizzard (not Safeguard Ability like I had originally posted).

Last edited:
I didn't think Pokémon Ranger worked for abilities. I thought it was only for effects of attacks like item lock from Seismitoad's Quaking punch attack, or Jolteon's Flash Ray attack, or Giritina's Chaos Wheel, etc.

Back