Ruling Pre release questions

SSILVER89

Aspiring Trainer
Being new to the game, about an hour from me they are having a pre release in a couple of weeks. It states that you play with the cards that you get from unopened packs.

Being a newbie this may sound silly.... BUT....

How do you get enough energy to even play out of those decks???

60 cards I can see. But with no erergy, how will they work?

They provide whatever basic energies you need. No special energies, which make dark and metal types kinda suck in those situation. It's only 40 cards, though.

One more for you guys....

Can you walk me through a Pre-Release tourney?

The give you a certain number of packs to open, then you ask them for energies, and play your tournaments.

Do you trade with other people ahead of time or do they say - Open you packs and let's begin?

I just want to have an understanding of everything before I walk into it next weekend.

There are two types of events at the prereleases I go to. In the first one you get 6 packs of cards & use those plus basic energy from the TO to make a 40 card deck. That's the normal standard from what I understand.

In the second type of event 6 or so people sit at a table and each one opens a pack. They each pick one card and then pass the remaining cards to the person next to them until all the cards from those packs are gone. Repeat for 6 packs of cards and then make decks as in the first event.

After all the games folks trade. You aren't allowed to do so before making decks.

Back