• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (PRC-STS) Eevee Box

freiser

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, this is a deck I've put a lot of work into and theory ever since Toad was announced as biting the dust. It went through multiple versions including using Palkia, Vaporean, 2 Manaphy etc

The deck started succeeding when Jolteon was added, the pressure Jolteon causes plus the interaction with it's free retreat cost combos with Max Elixir to establish soft locks very fast. Here is the list:

2 Jolteon EX
1 Glaceon EX
1 Hoopa EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Manaphy EX
2 Regice
1 Articuno

4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
3 Rough Seas
1 Parallel City
3 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Energy Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod

2 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Ninja Boy
1 Hex Maniac
1 Delinquent

7 Water Energy
3 Lightning Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

There are some choices that I feel I need to explain.

Only 1 Manaphy: I needed to add a 2nd Regice due to the sheer power this card has against the meta. The 2nd Manaphy is often very redundant and serves just to clog up the deck, in the eventuality it is prized, I have both escape rope and the ability to Ninja Boy my active Pokemon into Jolteon to retreat out safely.

Delinquent: A late addition to the deck replacing Pokemon Ranger in the original deck. It serves a multiple purpose. If my opponent is unfortunate to leave them self with 3 cards in hand or less, they are now in topdeck mode, a dangerous thing to be in. Secondly, it's my answer to Sky Field without using my own Stadium to hurt Mega Ray and lastly, if I fear my opponent is holding Lysandre/Pokemon Ranger to break my soft lock, I am forcing them to either keep the card that will hurt me thus leaving themselves without draw supporters etc. And as a footnote, it allows me to use my rough seas in a mirror and then ditch it to my opponent cannot use it.

No Pokemon Ranger: This deck is hurt my Jolteon EX, no doubt about it however including a card that I would have to use 2-3 times to knock out my opponents Jolteon is silly. I would rather paralyze it with Regice or put it asleep with Articuno to break the soft lock.

Parallel City: This one is a no brainer but it stops my Shaymin's from being easy Lysandre targets by forcing them into the discard pile and it also helps the mirror match and Mega Sceptile etc.

Any questions or even suggestions, let me know guys!

Maybe add a Mew (FAC) or Mew-Ex (DRX) when it is going to be reprinted in October to have a better soft lock and an answer to M Mewtwo-Ex

Pokemon Ranger and The low maximum damage output will really hurt this deck but otherwise i would suggest not using articuno as night march and other low hp pokemon are not going to be used as much anymore and energy placed on it are better off going somewhere else and also try to find room raise the counts of primary attackers 3 Glaceons or regice 1 jolteon and 2 of either glaceon or regice depending on earlier choice would be good. the low count of jolteon is because its look to be a way less basic centered meta next season and the basics that will be used will likely be exs

Back