• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Power Pylon

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
Something I have been working on for a while and is almost constantly changing. With this deck I try to get as much energy out as possible and to go to town with raikou or tapu koko. Pretty simple but works well enough. This deck is still kinda put together on a budget still missing a few necessary trainers but I still think it works pretty well.

Pokemon: 18

3x Raikou 55/162
3x Magnemite 52/162
1x Magneton 38/108
3x Magnezone 54/162
2x Tapu Koko GX 47/145
2x Thundurus EX 98/108
2x Drampa 97/145
2x Rayquaza 106/145

Trainers: 28

3x Aether Paradise Conservation Area
3x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
2x Switch
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Choice Band
2x Trainers' Mail
2x Professor's Letter
2x N
2x Rare Candy
1x Exp. Share
1x Clemont
1x Lillie
1x VS Seeker
1x Professor Sycamore
1x Lysandre

Energy: 14

10x Lightning Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
If your running magnezone your gonna want to do something like a 3-1-3 line with 3 rare candys to maximize the possibilty of getting it early. Tapu lele and skyla can be a game changer and help with finding a rare candy. Drampa and thunderus are kind of unnecessary inclusions however if you want to use drampa use the ROS zapdos it can do 120 for 3 energy and does 40 to one of your bench which allows for you to use berserk effectively. You can take out the flash and dce and add 1 or 2 lightning energy. 4 Ultra balls and 2 nest balls would be better. 1 tapu koko for it's gx attack and the fighting matchups should be enough. Lastly for items try to get 2 more vs seekers and you need a lot more draw support in order to find all of your stuff

If your running magnezone your gonna want to do something like a 3-1-3 line with 3 rare candys to maximize the possibilty of getting it early. Tapu lele and skyla can be a game changer and help with finding a rare candy. Drampa and thunderus are kind of unnecessary inclusions however if you want to use drampa use the ROS zapdos it can do 120 for 3 energy and does 40 to one of your bench which allows for you to use berserk effectively. You can take out the flash and dce and add 1 or 2 lightning energy. 4 Ultra balls and 2 nest balls would be better. 1 tapu koko for it's gx attack and the fighting matchups should be enough. Lastly for items try to get 2 more vs seekers and you need a lot more draw support in order to find all of your stuff
I think OP is referring to the non-GX Drampa, to get more energy on the board with Amass. Actually sounds interesting, how's it working out? I want to try it with my own Koko deck.

Last edited:
I think OP is referring to the non-GX Drampa, to get more energy on the board with Amass. Actually sounds interesting, how's it working out? I want to try it with my own Koko deck.

Yea your right I didn't check the number however it's not the best idea the energy can only go to drampa and one energy from an attack that will stay on a non attacker or until a koko drop and then become a waste of bench space is not very good at all

It was either going to either use the drampa or new rayquaza for that slot. The drama is interesting though. It is a good turn one move puts more energy on the board

Baby Drampa actually works really well as a starter. Attach 1 energy T1, Amass for a 2nd one, Attach 1 T2, drop Koko, move all to Koko, and attack for decent numbers T2.

You also probably want to include a Fisherman to get back energy if a Koko is knocked out and then use Mag to drop them all right back into play. Thundrous is probably something that can be cut in favor of the Fisherman. I would also say you can probably cut the baby Ray to 1 as a backup recovery option. Also, Rescue Stretcher can be your best friend to grab a KO'd Koko and drop it right back into play. Also, Max Potion works well if a Koko gets hit. Drop another, move energy to the new one, then heal the old one fully.

In this list, I would prefer a FFB over Choice Band. Guaranteed +10, vs not always getting +30 damage and the extra HP will help the Koko and Raikou stay alive longer, especially with the APCA. Float stone(s) to help get a stranded Magnezone out of the active might not be a bad idea either, But, I'm not sure exactly what to drop.

-2 Thundrous
-1 Baby Ray
-2 Choice Band

+1 Fisherman
+2 FFB
+1 Max Potion
+1 Rescue Stretcher

Other thoughts, switch 1 APCA for a Rough Seas. The APCA won't help your Magnezone and the Rough Seas healing will help in the Deci matchup (or any other with bench/splash damage).

Baby Drampa actually works really well as a starter. Attach 1 energy T1, Amass for a 2nd one, Attach 1 T2, drop Koko, move all to Koko, and attack for decent numbers T2.

You also probably want to include a Fisherman to get back energy if a Koko is knocked out and then use Mag to drop them all right back into play. Thundrous is probably something that can be cut in favor of the Fisherman. I would also say you can probably cut the baby Ray to 1 as a backup recovery option. Also, Rescue Stretcher can be your best friend to grab a KO'd Koko and drop it right back into play. Also, Max Potion works well if a Koko gets hit. Drop another, move energy to the new one, then heal the old one fully.

In this list, I would prefer a FFB over Choice Band. Guaranteed +10, vs not always getting +30 damage and the extra HP will help the Koko and Raikou stay alive longer, especially with the APCA. Float stone(s) to help get a stranded Magnezone out of the active might not be a bad idea either, But, I'm not sure exactly what to drop.

-2 Thundrous
-1 Baby Ray
-2 Choice Band

+1 Fisherman
+2 FFB
+1 Max Potion
+1 Rescue Stretcher

Other thoughts, switch 1 APCA for a Rough Seas. The APCA won't help your Magnezone and the Rough Seas healing will help in the Deci matchup (or any other with bench/splash damage).
I don't really think I need the fisherman with 2 retrieveals and the rayquaza. And yeah ffb with apca makes tanks EASILY in this deck. Not sure about stretcher in this as the only target I want would be koko. Also seas is rotating out soon enough so I'd rather try and keep the deck as current as possible

I was just thinking Fisherman is easier to get your hands on at the right time with VS seeker or Lele and gets all 3 energies from the dead Koko back plus one. And pulling a Koko back to your hand and dropping it right back into play, able to charge up and hit again, is a nasty little twist that some people don't see coming.

I was just thinking Fisherman is easier to get your hands on at the right time with VS seeker or Lele and gets all 3 energies from the dead Koko back plus one. And pulling a Koko back to your hand and dropping it right back into play, able to charge up and hit again, is a nasty little twist that some people don't see coming.
You'd still have to manually attach. Little difference is made versus it and something like Rayquaza or Drampa.

Pretty much. This deck is doing pretty well. It's just a normal raikou deck with some new options really.

You'd still have to manually attach. Little difference is made versus it and something like Rayquaza or Drampa.

The deck is running Magnezone as well. All of the retrieved energies could be put right back into play.

Back