• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post Rotation Xerneas/ Mega Gardevoir (Brilliant Arrow)

FreedanNadd

Poke'Master Jedi Nadd
.My Mega Gardevoir (Brilliant Arrow) deck after rotation. Basically I switched out my VS Seeker for Puzzle of time, Mega Turbo for Max Elixir, Teammates and Shaymin EX for Tapu Lele and I am figuring out what to switch to bring in Guzma... So far this deck on Pokémon TCGO is pretty efficient, so I am ok with it for now.

Pokémon: 18
3x Xerneas (STS)
2x Xerneas BREAK (STS)
3x Gardevoir EX (PRC)
3x Mega Gardevoir EX (PRC)
1x Hoopa EX (AOR)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GRD)
2x Remoraid (BKT)
2x Octillary (BKT)

Trainers: 32
3x N
3x Professor Sycamore
2x Skyla
1x Pokémon Fan Club

4x Puzzle of Time
3x Ultra Ball
3x Max Elixir
3x Fairy Drop
3x Fairy Garden
3x Gardevoir Spirit Link
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Switch
1x Energy Retrieval

Energy: 10
10x Fairy Energy (Basic)

You will find that most (at least the ones I know) have replaced their Lysandres with the new Supporter Guzma. I'd suggest you consider replacing your all your Max Elixirs with Guzma. Besides, from my experience using Max Elixirs in decks, I run 12-14 energy to enhance my chances of hitting a Max Elixir 90%+ (my objective) of the time.

Secondly, in playing against this deck often, opponents usually had a difficult time recovering when he/she did not start with Xerneas (Geomancy). So, I'd suggest you consider adding a 4th copy to maximize starting Pokémon consistency.

Have you ever tested Oranguru as supplemental card-draw support? It allows you to draw fewer cards, but is easier to setup vs. Octillery and has more HP and could be a decent attacker if need be. By using Oranguru, you'll also gain a few card slots that could be used for energy and/or more card-draw support. Consider replacing your 2-2 Octillery line with 2 Oranguru.

Do you really need the Puzzle of Time? If Garbodor deck variants are popular in your area, utilizing fewer Items can reduce these opponents' Trashalanch damage output.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

You will find that most (at least the ones I know) have replaced their Lysandres with the new Supporter Guzma. I'd suggest you consider replacing your all your Max Elixirs with Guzma. Besides, from my experience using Max Elixirs in decks, I run 12-14 energy to enhance my chances of hitting a Max Elixir 90%+ (my objective) of the time.

Secondly, in playing against this deck often, opponents usually had a difficult time recovering when he/she did not start with Xerneas (Geomancy). So, I'd suggest you consider adding a 4th copy to maximize starting Pokémon consistency.

Have you ever tested Oranguru as supplemental card-draw support? It allows you to draw fewer cards, but is easier to setup vs. Octillery and has more HP and could be a decent attacker if need be. By using Oranguru, you'll also gain a few card slots that could be used for energy and/or more card-draw support. Consider replacing your 2-2 Octillery line with 2 Oranguru.

Do you really need the Puzzle of Time? If Garbodor deck variants are popular in your area, utilizing fewer Items can reduce these opponents' Trashalanch damage output.

I hope you find these comments helpful.
I was using Puzzle of time as a new VS Seeker... but so far on Tcgo I literally only had The chance to use them properly maybe twice out of like 10 or 15 games. So on that note that might be a really good idea to take them out. I had thought about Orangaru and then decided not to because he does drop those cards, but that is also with the mindset of having VS Seeker to fill my hand more. I honestly never liked Max Elixir in this deck, I just was trying to maximize energy attachment... so I replace the 3 elixir with Guzma, -2/2 Octillary, +1 Xerneas, +2 Orangaru and +1 Energy... what should I put in the Puzzle of time spots??

...what should I put in the Puzzle of time spots??
For the time being, I'd suggest leaving them and test all the other changes first. Puzzle of Time will still provide some versatility like VS Seeker. So, those may very likely become another new, deck staple. I too plan to test running 4 PoT in my post-Rotation deck this weekend in order to see if they are as useful as one hopes...

Back