1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format [Post-Rotation] Slayer of the GX (Heatmor Dragon Storm / Salazzle GRI)

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by Jamtok, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

1. Jamtok Aspiring Trainer
    Jamtok

POKEMON (16)
    4 Heatmor (Dragon Storm 7/53)
    4 Salandit (Dragon Storm 9/53)
    4 Salazzle (GRI 16/145)
    3 Oricorio Salsa (GRI 14/145)
    1 Victini Prism Star (Dragon Storm 4/53)

TRAINERS (32)
    4 Cynthia
    4 Judge
    3 Pokemon Fan Club
    3 Super Scoop Up
    3 Exp. Share
    3 Choice Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Energy Switch
    3 Float Stone
    3 Commandment Shrine

ENERGY (12)
    12 Fire Energy

...click here to go to the Dragon Storm translations/scans

STRATEGY

Evolve a Salandit to burn (and poison) the opposing mon. Then attack with Heatmor that same turn to deal enough damage to hopefully OHKO most GX mons (those with 190 HP or less) with a Choice Band attached and Commandment Shrine stadium in play. Even non-GX mons with 150 HP or less can be OHKO'd, after burn and poison are applied, such as baby Buzzwole, Mewtwo, Malamar, Garchomp, Lucario, among many others.

Salazzle also serves as a backup attacker, albeit with a slightly higher attack cost, self energy discard effect, and less damage output, but at least she does not require the foe to be burned in order to attack, unlike Heatmor.

Oricorio is the ideal starting pokemon to reliably get a Heatmor and two Salandits on the bench (or whichever combination of them makes sense at the time) as soon as possible.

Victini Prism Star makes an awesome late game attacker without having to rely on burning the opposing mon to attack.

Cynthia and Judge are the best options I can think of for draw support, but I'm sure there are superior alternatives.

Pokemon Fan Club is essential in getting Heatmors and Salandits on the bench, in case I don't start with Oricorio,

Super Scoop Up, if luck is on my side, lets me keep burning the opponent without having to worry about drawing into (or fetching) another Salandit or Salazzle every turn.

Exp Share lets me send in Heatmor after Heatmor, with me having to only attach one energy to the Heatmor that's about to avenge its fallen comrade, in order to keep the Blackening Breath attacks coming along every turn. Since Blacksmith and Max Elixir are going to be rotated out, I assume this is the next best thing.

Choice Band for obvious reasons.

Ultra Ball to get Salazzles primarily

Energy Switch lets me potentially get off a turn-2 Blackening Breath with Heatmor in the case that he is not my starting active mon. All I need is a Float Stone on the mon being switched out at the same time, and wala! Presto-attacko.

In addition to the above reason, Float Stone also lets me swap out non-Heatmors in the case that I don't have a Heatmor on my bench immediately after something on my side dies.

Commandment Shrine makes it possible to OHKO 190 HP or higher mons, depending on how long the stadium and opposing GX mons have been in play.

CONSIDERATIONS

Delphox FLI to replace Salazzle for burning the opponent every round. Can keep burning the opponent, as long as its in play, so it's much steadier, and I don't have to rely on Super Scoop Up as much, but Delphox being a stage 2 is kinda annoying since I then also have to make room for rare candies, and replacing a Guzma'd Salazzle just seems like it would be much quicker/easier than a Guzma'd Delphox.

Seviper GRI to boost poison damage.

Guzma to let Heatmor slay opposing GX mons that think they can safely hide or power up on the bench.

Nest Balls instead of (or in addition to) PFC, since they don't use up my supporter for the turn. Obviously, the down side is that I only get 1 mon per Nest Ball as opposed to 2 with PFC.

Double Colorless Energy for Salazzle if no Heatmor is readily available for whatever reason.

Counter Energy for all my mons in case I'm behind in prizes and desperate for two fire energy.

CONCLUDING THOUGHTS

The chance to deal so much damage to both GX and non-GX mons without Heatmor being a GX itself rocks. Sure, it might be a struggle to consistently burn the opponent every single turn, but if you're facing a GX-heavy deck, you only really need to make it happen three times, since the objective is to take those GX mons out in one hit with Heatmor. So even if you do go a turn or two without getting the burn off, that's okay because that opponent only gets one prize per kill while you get two.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?