• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard post rotation Gardevoir GX deck

Spidy

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, i used to play this like 5 years ago, but stopped for a few reasons, but ive recently been getting back into the game. With rotation just around the corner, i decided to just build for that instead of wasting time and money getting the cards i can only use for a couple weeks. I looked at the new set and saw gardevoir GX and decided that was the deck i was gonna build.

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Diancie BUS
* 4 Ralts BUS
* 3 Kirlia BKT
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS
* 1 Gallade BKT
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
* 2 Remoraid BKT
* 2 Octillery BKT

##Supporters - 12

* 1 Brigette
* 3 Guzma
* 4 N DEX
* 4 Professor Sycamore

##Items - 14

* 2 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 1 Professor's Letter
* 4 Rare Candy
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 4 Ultra Ball

##Stadiums - 3

* 3 Fairy Garden

##Energy - 12

* 8 Fairy Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

When it works it crushes things, but it does have a bad habit of not being able to get going as often as i would like. I've played around with the list a bit, but not really sure what i could cut for more consistency. The only thing i am thinking of is fisherman, which i might make a an energy retrieval, or cut that out entirely and get something else.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Take the Fisherman out and add in a Brigette. It will greatly help your consistency with setting up.

Take out one Rescue Stretcher and add in a second Field Blower. You need to have at least two to deal with Garbotoxin. Two Rescue Stretcher aren't really needed, especially with Gardevoir's GX attack.

Remove the Fairy Drop for a Professor's Letter. That card has saved the day for me so many times already. Fairy Drop is way more situational while Professor's Letter helps you with energies.

I know you're running Gallade, but I still would recommend a fourth Gardevoir. When I ran Gallade in my deck, I always opted to evolve to Gardevoir instead and when I only ran three copies it wasn't always able to get out between one being prized or one in the discard pile. I'd think about taking out a Rare Candy for another one.

i tried those and they all seem except the 4 garde, and it seemed to help quite a bit, especially brigette (i would have put her in before, but i thought she was rotating)
i might actually add a second, ive already been messed up by it being prized

i would have tried to add a gardevoir, but i dont have a 4th yet :x

Awesome! I wouldn't recommend a second Brigette because you're always going to want to use it first turn and then after that the second one is basically useless. I know it can get prized sometimes but that just comes with the territory. You just have to do your best and play around it when that happens.

3 Gardevoir will work just fine for you, especially with the Gallade tech. Running four is just a personal preference for me. I do recommend trying it out if you get your hands on a fourth one!

Updated the decklist to the most current one
basically what HouchinsDJ recomended

Hi Spidy,

Great deck. All I would recommend to do is this:

- 1 Rescue Stretcher (Super Rod works better in this deck since it is more versatile)
- 1 Rare Candy (three seem to be suficient with Diancie)
+ 2 Super Rod (retrieves Pokémon and Energies alike)

Back