• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post-Rotation Budget Builder (Mesprit FLI/Counters)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
A curious little deck made up of some cheap cards with big punch, this is something for players to look at who don't know exactly what to build in September and who may be on a budget. This deck hits many different types for weakness (Dark, Lightning, Psychic, Water and Fighting) efficiently without giving up consistency. This deck is meant for immediately after rotation, meaning nothing from SM7+.

Pokemon - 16

4 Mesprit FLI
3 Uxie FLI
2 Wimpod BUS
2 Golisopod GX
2 Marshadow GX
1 Sudowoodo GRI
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Oranguru UPR

Supporters - 12

4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
3 Lillie
2 Professor Kukui

Items - 20

4 Acro Bike
4 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Switch
1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy - 12

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Grass Energy

Mesprit is the main attacker, dealing 70 for Double Colorless while Uxie is benched. With a Choice Band this hits 100 and OHKOs Buzzwole GX and Naganadel GX after weakness. This is the bread and butter attack, it softens up big GXs for 2HKOs which is great help to our own GX attackers.

Uxie isn't much to look at, though it has to be benched for the deck to work, hence the high count of it. It's Memory Skip attack is an annoyance, dealing 30 and preventing the opponent's active Pokemon from attacking on their next turn unless it switches.

Golisopod GX is an excellent follow up, and the deck packs 5 switching cards to assist it. Getting off First Impression is important but a Crossing Cut GX knock out with Choice Band is still a good option if a Guzma or Switch isn't found. Golisopod hits Waters such as Greninja GX for weakness, but also some Fighting type outliers such as Zygarde GX and Lycanroc GX. The extra Grass Energy are included to allow Golisopod to continue attacking in the face of Special Energy hate.

Marshadow GX is the icing on the cake, and gives the deck an edge over the likes of Zoroark GX. Its main use is to copy Mesprit's Mind Splash with Uxie benched to smack Zoroark, although it needs both Choice Band and Professor Kukui to knock out one on its own. It can also use Oranguru's Psychic if Marshadow has 3 Energy attachments, and will score an OHKO if Zoroark has the DCE attached.

The last 3 Pokemon are for support. Sudowoodo is the closest thing to Parallel City avaliable and the Orangurus provide valuable assistance in drawing and in resource recovery.

That's the list. This was fun to build and I'd love to test it, it may be what I personally run in the early months of the 18-19 season.

No Steven's decision?
He literally said no cards from SM7+.
(Sorry if that sounded mean.)

As for the deck:
I like this idea. Here are the changes I’d make:
Acro Bike is in SM7. Sorry, dude. To accommodate, I’d swap for (if you’re up to it) a 2-2 Zoroark line. If you can fit in Mallow with this change (preferably -1 Grass Energy), then the consistency will improve very much. The more Mallow, the better.
If you’re not up for Zoroark, try Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode.

That’s what I think. See ya!

To clarify, SM7+ refers to the actual SM7+ sets, Thunderclap Spark and Fairy Rise which obviously won't be avaliable right after rotation because we only get them in our SM8 set, which is our October or November set. Acro Bike is in SM7, which will definately be legal in September.

Steven's Decision isn't in because the only optimal time to use it is first turn, which requires Lele and invalidates this deck as a budget option. Also, the card is similar to Tropical Beach in that decks that want to attack as much as possible will never be able to get the full use out of it. This deck needs to attack every turn it can to hit the ideal math for Golisopod GX to get knock outs.

Zoroark GX is a pretty solid choice, it isn't a very expensive GX. If Acro doesn't test well I will definately add it in, Trade is good and having a Dark type means that I can hit Dawn Wings Necrozma GX for weakness, and that means I have ways to hit everything Malamar uses for weakness with the exception of Tapu Lele GX, which lacks one. EDIT: Forgot about Ultra Necrozma.... But still, I get to hit a lot of their cards for weakness XD

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Back