ORAS Post-Game Hopes and Expectations

OmegaElectivire765 said:
woohoo962 said:
My post game hopes:
Steven gives you a beldum and a Metagrossite.
Battle Frontier
Unown(come on, not everyone wants to transport from DPPt and HGSS onto the unova games and then to XY.)
You get a 4th gen starter.
I know this one might sound crazy, but travelling to Sinhoh would be awesome.
Pokeathlon
Rematch with rival using fully evolved team and 3 other pokemon.
Rematch with wally using Mega Gardevoir(or just a regular Gallade maybe)

I don't think that Steven will give us a Metagrossite or a Beldum, seeing as it is going to be in a distribution. We got Torchic with the Blazikenite in an event, but there was no way of getting Torchic or the Blazikenite in the game. :(

It wouldn't be very fair if they made it event exclusive though, since Mega Metagross is being used by Steven. It'd be incredibly trollish to give it to Steven and then turn around and say you can't use it unless you preordered ORAS.

I think that's why its shiny metagross in the event... I'm fairlly confident we'll get mega metagross in game, probably closer to the end, but the event allows you to have a shiny one and to get a beldum earlier in the game to use on your team from the get go.

If it was just a regular metagross, then I sould think it would be more like the blaziken event in X/Y. In order to distinguish this metagross from anything we can catch or receive in game, they made it shiny.

Bolt the Cat said:
OmegaElectivire765 said:
I don't think that Steven will give us a Metagrossite or a Beldum, seeing as it is going to be in a distribution. We got Torchic with the Blazikenite in an event, but there was no way of getting Torchic or the Blazikenite in the game. :(

It wouldn't be very fair if they made it event exclusive though, since Mega Metagross is being used by Steven. It'd be incredibly trollish to give it to Steven and then turn around and say you can't use it unless you preordered ORAS.

plus if mega blaziken isn't going to be event exclusive after this game I don't see why mega metagrpss would

Bolt the Cat said:
OmegaElectivire765 said:

But Game(Troll)Freak has done this to us before...

I hope to see the return of the berry master or even if not berries but Poffins or something. Also I hope they make it easier to catch and evolve Milotic because The way they have been doing it has been so annoying. I have never done it the true way to evolve Milotic. I have always traded for Milotic because of the ridiculous way to evolve Feebas. I also hope they make Feebas easier to catch as well. I did it once in my Emerald but forgot where I caught him in the water on Route 19 I think it was. Meaning which water spot.:)

xxashxx said:
I hope to see the return of the berry master or even if not berries but Poffins or something. Also I hope they make it easier to catch and evolve Milotic because The way they have been doing it has been so annoying. I have never done it the true way to evolve Milotic. I have always traded for Milotic because of the ridiculous way to evolve Feebas. I also hope they make Feebas easier to catch as well. I did it once in my Emerald but forgot where I caught him in the water on Route 19 I think it was. Meaning which water spot.:)

Someone hasn't been paying attention to the news lately.

Pokeblocks are back, dude.

I would like to see:

-postgame story involving rayqauza and mega evolution
-a new archipelago for the postgame.
-gym rematches
- roaming lati's
-of course battle frontier

Gym Leader rematches that are single battles (except Tate and Liza) as opposed to them all being double battles like in Emerald.

I'm probably the only one who actually really liked how hard it was to find feebas. I was so proud of myself for getting one! I really love the occasional little challenge like that. I would be okay if they upped the tils count a little bit for people who hated it, if you can even do tile counts with the new graphics... I don't think its possible to employ the same mechanicas RSE so I don't think anyone has to worry.

know what? the idea of making feebas so ridiculously rare is actually interesting. imagine if it gets a quick and easy way to be shared over wifi.
I can already see someone who finds it sharing it with the world quickly before the day is over xD...

Mitja said:
know what? the idea of making feebas so ridiculously rare is actually interesting. imagine if it gets a quick and easy way to be shared over wifi.
I can already see someone who finds it sharing it with the world quickly before the day is over xD...

It would be largely pointless to do something like that at this point. People have already transferred over their Feebas from 5th gen and passed it around God knows how many times.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

It would be largely pointless to do something like that at this point. People have already transferred over their Feebas from 5th gen and passed it around God knows how many times.

Well, with this logic, we don't really need an expanded Hoenn Dex, because we already have all the other Pokemon from the other games that we've transfered around. We'll just transfer that slowpoke or that lopunny. Don't need to find it in the wild.

I think finding feebas is more about the thrill of the chase, nostalgia and the challange. It would almost be perfect in this game... If you like the hunt, then go for it! If you don't care, get one through wonder trade or from your previous game. Win-win for everyone!

Aerodactyl said:
Well, with this logic, we don't really need an expanded Hoenn Dex, because we already have all the other Pokemon from the other games that we've transfered around. We'll just transfer that slowpoke or that lopunny. Don't need to find it in the wild.

Entirely different scenario, Mitja was talking about distribution in general. And in that case, there really isn't much point aside from eliminating the necessity of Bank (which I don't trust will be compatible with 6th gen forever) because there's other ways to get Feebas. The point of having an expanded Hoenn Dex would be to have more Pokemon to use in ORAS' main game and for more Pokemon to show up in trainer rosters and in the wild, transferring over Pokemon from other games doesn't solve those problems.

Aerodactyl said:
I'm probably the only one who actually really liked how hard it was to find feebas. I was so proud of myself for getting one! I really love the occasional little challenge like that. I would be okay if they upped the tils count a little bit for people who hated it, if you can even do tile counts with the new graphics... I don't think its possible to employ the same mechanicas RSE so I don't think anyone has to worry.

Finally another person besides me that supports keeping Feebas' catching method as it is (but allowing a couple more tiles) and for the same reasons! :D
You can read the the first (I think) discussion about the matter here (and right from the top):
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-what-new-returning-features-do-you-want-in-or-as?pid=2636579#pid2636579

I don't actually want a smaller Dex I was just trying to playfully make a point about rare feebas :). I agree with Mitja and find the scenario amusing. I just misinterpreted your comment to mean we don't need rare or ard to find Pokemon in games because we already have them in another version. My bad.

I just feel like the more people talk the harder to interpret what people really want is. We all went a harder game, but we want easy to capture Pokemon. Everyone is nostslgic for omega Ruby and wants a remake, make their team up of all gen three pokemon, but gets upset when it keeps the classic Hoenn Dex. At some point it has to be a remake and not a whole new game, and it still incorporates new and/or refurbisbed things. I'm not saying people are wrong for wanting things I just get confused by it all. We want new things and diversity but still travel around Hoenn for that classic feel. Its a remake and a careful balance, at some point, it will dissapoint you. Because it can't stay new and stay old at the same time in every way. We asked for a remake, we are getting a remake.

Please nobody take offense to this, its just my thoughts about it. Its not directed st one person, nor do I think anyone is whining or wrong or horrible. I guess the real amazing thing about Pokemon is that we can all go in with the same game, same Pokemon, and get a different adventure out of it with different strrngtbd , joys, etc. Like our friends in X/Y. Maybe you're more like Tierno and care about move tutors and stuff, or you're like Trevor and just want to catch them all. Maybe you're a battlef like your rival, or you're like me and Shauna and just want to make memories and experience a little bit of everything.

The thing about distribution and trading is that not everyone is able to do those things. Not everyone has wifi, not everyone knows every little detail about their wifi network to input into their 3DS to make a connection, and not everyone is willing to spend money on Pokemon Bank or has parents/guardians that would let them. For some people, in-game is all they have. In-game was all I had until around 3 months ago when I found out that if I go into the network properties of my wifi connection, I can see the security key. I'd been trying to find a way to connect since the Diamond and Pearl era, and was finally able to recently. So the "this is unnecessary because you can just trade or transfer through Pokemon Bank" mentality is falsely assuming that everyone has the privilege and ability to do so.

Seven is a Color said:
The thing about distribution and trading is that not everyone is able to do those things. Not everyone has wifi, not everyone knows every little detail about their wifi network to input into their 3DS to make a connection, and not everyone is willing to spend money on Pokemon Bank or has parents/guardians that would let them. For some people, in-game is all they have. In-game was all I had until around 3 months ago when I found out that if I go into the network properties of my wifi connection, I can see the security key. I'd been trying to find a way to connect since the Diamond and Pearl era, and was finally able to recently. So the "this is unnecessary because you can just trade or transfer through Pokemon Bank" mentality is falsely assuming that everyone has the privilege and ability to do so.

You're taking it out of context. Mitja was saying that they should keep Feebas ridiculously rare to encourage Wi-Fi trading, but because there are alternatives for obtaining Feebas at this point, it would be a pointless gesture. I wasn't saying that Feebas shouldn't be made accessible at all, in fact I agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't be relying on Bank for everything.

While I don't want to make light of anyone's situation or anything, I do believe most people have access to Wi-Fi. If you can afford a 200 dollar DS and 50 dollar game, you probably have internet. And while I understand not everyone can afford Pokemon Bank, there is still the GTS. (And Pokemon Bank really isn't that expensive, especially compared to a $50 game)

And I completely understand how you feel, Seven is a Colour. I didn't have WiFi or the GTS last gen because my Wi-Fi security settings wouldn't allow my DS to connect. But the 3DS is a better system that connects to Wi-Fi much better, you just have to be willing to look up how to do so. There are lots of guides and the like to show people how to connect their 3DS's.

Games from the same generation all tend to be compatible, so I don't think we will have to worry about needing Pokemon bank to connect to X/Y. As of right now, I don't think we are really relying on the bank for most things. X/Y made most of the Dex catchable, more so then any generation.

Bolt the Cat said:
You're taking it out of context. Mitja was saying that they should keep Feebas ridiculously rare to encourage Wi-Fi trading, but because there are alternatives for obtaining Feebas at this point, it would be a pointless gesture. I wasn't saying that Feebas shouldn't be made accessible at all, in fact I agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't be relying on Bank for everything.
Oh no, I understood what you said. I was mainly referring to Aerodactyl's post (the one quoting you and Mitja). Sorry for the confusion.

Back