• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pompeii (Camerupt EX / Team Magma's Camerupt)

4te

Aspiring Trainer
Fun Fact: This deck goes by 2 other names, Cameruption and Mixtape.

At first it started off as a joke deck but after two months in development I have finally created the perfect list for my Camerupt EX deck; And then Trump card got band. Not saying it was a big hit to the deck, but "LTC" was important to the functionality of the deck. The worst has yet to come, rotation *insert dramatic music here*
Even though it's not until this fall, I want to be able to keep this deck flowing like it is now. below is the current list along with the strategy for this current BDC-ON format and give input as you see fit.

Pokemon:
  • 3 Camerupt EX
  • 3 Team Magma's Camerupt
  • 3 Team Magma's Numel
  • 2 Pyroar (FLF)
  • 2 Litleo (FLF)
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Blacksmith
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Energy Switch
  • 2 Muscle Bands
  • 2 Float Stones
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Scorched Earth
Energy:
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 9 Fire Energy
Strategy:

For any one who doesn't know, Camerupt is a fat EX with a retreat cost of 4 and has the potential to one shot kill anything but "safe guarders" and "Pyroar" with its "Explosive Jet" attack which use Fire energy from any where from your side of the field.
Camerupt-EX-Primal-Clash-29.jpg

The Objective of The Deck And Its Engine:

The Goal of the deck is straight and clear, stock up energies on the board and explode. To me pairing the volcano camel with other volcano camels was a no brain-er to me. Team Magma's Camerupt was easier to set up than aiming for an Emboar line and the Burning draft ability made "Explosive Jet " much easier and faster to manage. Plus if need be, Team Magma's Camerupt can act as an attacker that also accelerates energies to your other Pokemon.
Team-Magma%27s-Camerupt-Double-Crisis-2.jpg

Pyroar with "Intimidating Mane" makes the fight against Seismitoad EX and other basic water Pokemon more bearable to fight against. The deck use to run the Flare Command Pyroar acting as a way to pickoff bench sitters and potential threats (I.E. Primal Groudon)

The four Scorched Earth Stadiums not only serve as a means to draw into cards but also of course as a counter stadium and benefits Camerupt EX when I can Blacksmith or Burning Draft them back into play and burn it all off for a one shot kill.

Cards That Save The Day:
Muscle Band: This changes the numbers big time, Explosive jet does 50 for each fire energy discarded.
2 = 100 3 = 150, 4 = 200 5 = 250. Muscle Band changes these numbers to 120, 170 (which knocks out most EX's costing you one less energy) 220, 250(KOing all megas) and so on.

Float Stone: This card is self explanatory and saves lives. All the Camerupts as mentioned before are FAT.

Energy Switch: An E-switch makes charging a Camerupt EX oh so much easier.

VS Seeker: Blacksmith, Blacksmith, Blacksmith!
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly:
  • Good
  1. Can deal 50 - 450 in base damage (1000 if hitting for weakness)
  2. Moderately easy to set up and maintain throughout the game.
  3. All attackers are fire type.
  4. Is able to fight "toe-to-toe" with T1 decks.
  • Bad
    1. Camerupt EX requires 4 energy to use its attack and 4 to retreat. Team Magma's is 3.
    2. Pron to hammers, Flare tools and harmful abilities like Crawdaunt.
    3. Every Pokemon but Jirachi Ex is weak to water.
    4. All attackers are fire type.
    5. on average Take 2 - 3 turns to set up.
  • Ugly
  1. Matchups against Seismitoad, Colorless M Rayquaza, Archies Blastroise & Keldeo, and Donphan are a nightmare.
  2. Beginning the game with a Jirachi EX.

Back