Collecting Pokemon TCG Checklist

Hikomikos said:
First I would like to Thank You very much for creating this great checklist!

I have problem. When I put some data about cards on the right table I can't see sum of cards Rare Holo etc. I should do something to activate this ? I have disabled macros so I try eneble and this not help.

I have Office 2007 and win 7

It has been a very long time since i have been on here i need to write a quick user guide for this instead of putting the number of how many cards you have it is a simple check list and you need to just put and "x" in the box of the card you have

This List has changed my life... also the card scan list on the pokebeach website helps to... I am saving all the scans for my picture checklist... eventually (when ive done it) i will zip it and share it (unless someone wants to give me a zipped copy :p)

Amazing work and truly appreciate all the work you put into this and the decision to share it publicly. Truly amazing!
Just wondering when you'll be updating it to add in the newest set Phantom Forces? I can only imagine how much work, patience and dedication goes into this. I am forever thankful!

This is an amazing tool for true collectors. Here are my thoughts:

The only thing that I have noticed the database doesn't have is the ability to keep a running tally of all the duplicate cards that we have. To follow up, it would be nice to see an overall (total) break down of the number of cards we have in each set, as well as overall in our collections... And the addition of Phantom Forces, but that was just released so I unterstand.

My question is; when this database is updated, how will we import all of the data into the new one? Do have to keep inputting our cards every time??? If this seems like a dumb question, it's because I don't know Excel all that well.

Thanks for a great utility thus far!!!!! I've been loking for something like this for a long time!

if i use the Complete TCG Checklist an there is an update can i put it into it? Because i dont want to restart again ^^ the Complete TCG Checklist is really good i will use it a lot!

I have now 7600 cards i hope i got a lot more but it will take some time to put all of them into the list i guess.

Hi and thanks for the excel checklist.
Also would like to request addition of PHF but it doesnt look like the creator has been on here for a few months now.
I dont mind adding it myself, it doesnt look to hard but would like approval from the OP to share....?
or has this been updated somewhere else?

Either way thanks heaps :)

Hey everyone, I decided to update this checklist myself. You can download it from my Dropbox here.

This update covers new XY promos, Phantom Forces, and Primal Clash. If there are any other updates you're looking for, let me know and I'll try to add them in. Thanks and happy collecting everyone!

Looks good! Thanks for update.

Tamara Cadé Walton-Gray said:
This List has changed my life... also the card scan list on the pokebeach website helps to... I am saving all the scans for my picture checklist... eventually (when ive done it) i will zip it and share it (unless someone wants to give me a zipped copy :p)

http://www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/ruilkaarten.php

Here is a copy of the most poke cards.

Great Work This is going to help allot. An XY Promo that was missed from version 0.4 is - Ditto - XY Promos - XY40 - colorless - 70 - Basic - Promo
I will get the info on 39 tomorrow when I get back to work.

Hello everyone! I've been maintaining this database since my last update for Primal Clash. The new update can be found here, with the following additions/changes, plus some others I can't remember right now:

V. 0.4.1
  • Added Double Crisis support (listed under main sets due to reverse holo cards. Could change in future releases)
  • Added Roaring Skies support
  • Added WCD2014 decks
  • Added XY Trainer Kits: Latias&Latios
  • Added pre-release cards through Roaring Skies
  • Added jumbo cards
  • Added XY Promo cards
Let me know if there are other cards/sets missing that you'd like added and I'll get right on it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone still checks this thread or not, but I've updated the checklist to version 4.2, which includes Ancient Origins among some other additions/updates, download here:

V. 4.2
  • Added - Ancient Origins
  • Added - Changelog
  • Updated - XY Promos, XY56-XY66
  • Updated - Jumbo cards - MegaDiancieEX (XY44) through RayquazaEX (XY66)
  • Updated - Prerelease cards - Ancient Origins Gyarados
Let me know if there are other cards/sets missing that you'd like added and I'll get right on it. Thanks!

In the Fossil set, what is the difference between the Unlimited print and the Additional print? I know that in Base Set, the difference is in the Copyright text. Is it the same with the Fossil set?

Theres a Additional Fossil Print ? How many other sets had other prints after unlimited?

Well, actually I'm not even sure if Fossil had an Additional print. Never seen any. I just assumed that there was because the checklist said so.

I just went through my collection. In the EX Ruby and Sapphire set, energy cards are actually released both with and without the e-Reader symbol in the bottom left corner. I don't know wether this is the case with other cards than energy cards too or not, though.

Also, there are these differences between them:
- Water Energy: The print with the e-Reader symbol has 2003 as copyright year. The print without the symbol has 2004.
- Psychic Energy: I only have the print without the symbol, but this one has 2003, even though Water Energy has 2004.

It's quite possibly due to the theme decks. I presume that the ones without the e-Reader symbol are originally from theme decks.

I also have Professor Birch without e-Reader symbol and he's also a part of a theme deck so it seems very likely.

Last edited:
Hey there, glad to see people are still interested in this. Hopefully I can provide some answers, though my knowledge of sets inbetween WotC and the XY series is limited.

1. Fossil does indeed have an "additional" print. The Unlimited print has the copyright date of (C) 1999 whereas the additional print is (C) 1999-2000, similar to Base Set. From my understanding, the ones with the latter copyright date are generally the UK released cards, but I did find this interesting read in the research I just did: http://upccc.proboards.com/thread/1621/pokemon-fossil-1999-australian-print.

2. As I said above, I'm not as familiar with the cards after WotC, especially when it comes to the E-Reader sets. My guess is as good as yours in that I would think they'd have come from theme decks. The discrepancies in copyright year and layout and such may just relate to the theme decks the energy cards came from. IE: They used the numbering from EX Ruby and Sapphire, but changed the format and copyright to match the set the theme decks came from.

Hey there, glad to see people are still interested in this. Hopefully I can provide some answers, though my knowledge of sets inbetween WotC and the XY series is limited.
Well, it's the best tool I've found so far. I modified your checklist to fit my needs, but it's a brilliant tool to start with. I hope you'll keep updating every time a new set is released. It's an enormous help.

1. Fossil does indeed have an "additional" print. The Unlimited print has the copyright date of (C) 1999 whereas the additional print is (C) 1999-2000, similar to Base Set. From my understanding, the ones with the latter copyright date are generally the UK released cards, but I did find this interesting read in the research I just did: http://upccc.proboards.com/thread/1621/pokemon-fossil-1999-australian-print.
That's really interesting -- thank you for that link!!

Back