Spin-Off 'Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon' Launching Winter 2015

DXAAeLy.png

type in "pokemon super mystery dungeon map" in google images and you'll find this one
Woah... Does this mean we have the possibility to travel to the Rescue Team map :eek:. If so this is gonna be a huge game, no wonder it's called Super Mystery Dungeon, the hype is real!

Woah... Does this mean we have the possibility to travel to the Rescue Team map :eek:. If so this is gonna be a huge game, no wonder it's called Super Mystery Dungeon, the hype is real!
Ahhhhh Magnemite cave, mt.thunder, frosty forest, mt.freeze and sky tower HERE WE COME

Your opinion puts you in the minority. I never would have liked treecko if I hadn't gotten it on my personality test. That's something I really enjoyed. As well, the test was witty and made fun of you. That's what I call win. Besides that, the music sounds awesome and I have high hopes about this 'pokémon turning into stone' plot.

The quiz still wasn't all that good like some people seem to think. It was poorly implemented, only choosing 5 or 10 out of 30 or 4o questions. And to make things worse, the quiz determines your PARTNER as well, so more people will be frustrated.

Also, it seems to be a continuation from PMD Red and Blue. Plus I don't think auto evolving is back from GTI, as I saw a Lv. 50 Treecko.

Auto-evolving never was a thing, where are you getting that from?

Does this mean friend locations and Treasure Town are back?

Also, are Pokémon from gens 1-3 in the continent from Red and Blue Rescue Teams and mon from gens 4-6 from the western continent?
Does this mean friend locations and Treasure Town are back?

Also, are Pokémon from gens 1-3 in the continent from Red and Blue Rescue Teams and mon from gens 4-6 from the western continent?

Ahhhhh Magnemite cave, mt.thunder, frosty forest, mt.freeze and sky tower HERE WE COME

You guys are jumping to conclusions, the region in PMD2 also looked similar to the region in PMD1 and nothing came out of that. Don't go assuming things so quickly.

I'm starting to look at this game as part of the alternate universe theory. Maybe this game takes place in the Red/Blue Rescue team region but in an alternate universe where Mega Evolution exists? Sorta like how R/S/E is a different universe from OR/AS. I dunno, maybe I'm taking things out of context, but the map does look suspiciously similar to Red & Blue Rescue team maps. Beyond the clouds there's probably even more to discover so the speculation is real.

Hey, look, the other and better Mega Charizard is finally being acknowledged a thing.

Chespin is like, "Fwee! I'm on a tongue!"

Welp, this is absolutely glorious. Please excuse me while I fawn over the official starter/partner art.

After looking at this epic artwork, I have decided my partner is gonna be Chespin or Chimchar because Chimchar's evolution line is pretty bad ass I mean look at how Infernape is posing, and then Chespin was my starter for X version! But yea im so hyped for Mega Evolution in this game and the overall storyline, I hope it's better than Gates. And who else plans on being Riolu? There will probably be a fan on gamefaqs that helps out with the personality test.

This artwork is some of the best I have ever seen in Pokemon. Might buy this game after all

Last edited:
I love the artwork.
If Game Stop keeps on giving posters with their Pokémon pre orders and this artwork will be it, I will definitely will pre order there unless there are better promos.

The more I see of this game, the more it feels like a DS Mystery Dungeon revived in 3D. I'm getting excited. Maybe I'll actually finish this one instead of getting under-leveled somewhere and quitting like in Explorers of Darkness...

The ONLY concern I really have about this pic... is if the starter pokemon are balanced.

And by that, I mean.. is it obvious that you're put at a disadvantage if you don't pick gen 1, gen 3 starters, or riolu just because they are the only ones with mega evolutions? I'm still going to go with my favorite starters, but it seems a little unfair for them as there isn't any other reason to use them over the mega capable starters..

The ONLY concern I really have about this pic... is if the starter pokemon are balanced.

And by that, I mean.. is it obvious that you're put at a disadvantage if you don't pick gen 1, gen 3 starters, or riolu just because they are the only ones with mega evolutions? I'm still going to go with my favorite starters, but it seems a little unfair for them as there isn't any other reason to use them over the mega capable starters..

I wouldn't worry too much about that since any evolution pretty much happens after main or post game. But yea the Starters that can Mega Evolve plus Riolu will be pretty overpowered compared to the other's. I'm going to be a Riolu with Chimchar as my partner because their some of my favorite Pokemon evolution lines & 4th gen was my favorite gen & first region but yea, the fact that you have to take a personality quiz narrows that down =P

I just wondered a couple things..

1) In Gates to Infinity, Ho-Oh could be fought in its Shiny Form, plus in Explorers Celebi was shiny. So I'm wondering could shiny's be implemented into regular game play this time around?

2) Could Pokemon maybe get their Hidden Abilities & learn egg moves later on in the game through the use of specific items? I know it's Mystery Dungeon but I'm curious right now lol.

I just wondered a couple things..

1) In Gates to Infinity, Ho-Oh could be fought in its Shiny Form, plus in Explorers Celebi was shiny. So I'm wondering could shiny's be implemented into regular game play this time around?

2) Could Pokemon maybe get their Hidden Abilities & learn egg moves later on in the game through the use of specific items? I know it's Mystery Dungeon but I'm curious right now lol.
Shiny Mega Evolutions would be so awesome!

Back