Pokemon Pokemon License Plates

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
What are your thoughts on Pokemon-related license plates? I've been thinking of having BLSTOIS as mine (limit of 7 characters in my state) ever since I've seen a car in town with CHRIZRD on their plates. I think it's a red Chevy Sonic hatchback, which kind of, sort of vaguely resembles a Charizard head in some weird way.

Anyway, I'm picking Blastoise because it's my all time favorite Pokemon, and my car is blue. However, it's a Mustang, so Keldeo would be more fitting, but almost completely unrecognizable to non-5th gen playing Pokemon fans, and pretty much everybody else. A good number of people outside of the Pokemon fandom at least know what a Blastoise is.

Would you have a Pokemon-themed license plate on your car? If so, what would it say?

RE: Pokemon license plates?

1SHCKL1

If we had to have 7 characters 'n shtuff

I wouldn't have any special license plate if it cost money :)

JOLTEON

Same here. I've got another one: TOTODLZ. Because Totodile is awesome.

Keeper of Night said:
UMBREON
My favorite pokemon ever has 7 characters in it's name. :D

Ooo. UMBREON would be perfect for a sleek black car with some yellow trim. Umbreon is in my top 5.

I believe a Pokebeach member actually has the license plate UMBREON.

The member Crystal Hikara once posted a picture of her black prius with "UMBREON" as the license plate.

I have some Korean on my license plate now, but if I were to get a pokemon-themed one, I might go for something like "ASHKCHM"

Hmm. Here, I've only seen up to six letters on a license plate. Anyway, if I do get a Pokemon related plate, it's gonna' say EEVEE. :3

If I did this, mine would be CYNTHIA and my rear-view mirrors would have her hair accessories attached to them. Maybe even a little Garchomp bobble head on the dashboard, we'll see. Lol.

I know that Shuckle has 7 letters, but what's the fun in not changing the name of the Pokemon a bit?

Are you in USA allowed to make your own licensing plates? Here in Norway we are assigned two letters depending on where in the country we live, followed by five random numbers. :I

Tsukeo said:
Are you in USA allowed to make your own licensing plates? Here in Norway we are assigned two letters depending on where in the country we live, followed by five random numbers. :I

Yes. They are called vanity plates.

Wikipedia said:
A vanity plate or personalized plate (U.S.), prestige plate, private number plate, or personalised registration (UK) or custom plate or personalised plate (Australia and New Zealand) is a special type of vehicle registration plate on an automobile or other vehicle. The owner of the vehicle pays extra money to have his or her own choice of numbers or letters, usually forming a recognizable phrase, slogan, or abbreviation on their plate. Sales of vanity plates are often a significant source of revenue for North American provincial and state licensing agencies. In some jurisdictions, such as the Canadian province of British Columbia, vanity plates have a different color scheme and design

CHNDLRE wouldnt work because people would think it just means the name chandler or "chandelier". I would probably do something easily recognizable like POKEMON or POKEMN1 or maybe LITWICK/LAMPENT

If I ever get a Burnt Orange Escalade truck (the ones that look like an Avalanche, but more fancy) I will celebrate by getting a license plate that says DVRYBST! (it's supposed to stand for "the very best" like from the line in the first opening in the Anime) Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to afford an Escalade until I either win the lottery or succeed in Gemology. (either way, that's quite a few years away)

Of course I don't drive, but if I did, it would be great to have a plate that sayed 'T1DONK'. That's what happens to me everytime I deck test a Stage 2 deck and my opponent is using Seismitoad-EX.

Back