Writing Pokemon Journey Through Life, CHAPTER 11 IS HERE! COME CHECK IT OUT AND COMMENT!

Do you think this story is any good?

• This is pretty bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BOO!! This is a sad excuse for a fan fic!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
Ok I have been itching to right a fan fic for sometime now but i wanted to make something unique. Here it is, This has been written Between 2 people, Me (Moneyking63) and Dragon Rider of PokeBeach. I have 2 chapters now!! Please tell me what you think of this I hope its good.

This takes place in present time.

Chapter 1: The Letter
It was Friday night; everything was normal. A normal week with normal school and normal friends. All normal.... It was late, Matt desperately wanted to go to bed but was kept awake by his parents TV blaring in the other room. Finally, everything was silent. Now he could get some sleep! He started to close his eyes and before he took a last look at his room. His normal room, nothing different. In fact it hadn’t really changed for a couple years. I’m sick of normal, Matt thought, My life is too normal, I need thrill, something new! After thinking this, he slowly closed his eyes and drifted of to dreamland....
Matt woke up around 10 am; since it was Saturday he could sleep in, a rare event in his house. He walked into the kitchen and saw his dad walk in the door carrying some mail.
“Morning....” Matt said grogily as he opened the fridge to get some orange juice.
“Hey look who’s up.” Replied Matt's Dad “Matt, there's a letter here for you. It says it’s from Washington D.C. Want it?”
“Sure... ” Matt said not extremely interested.
“Its probably just somebody trying to sell you something but it is addressed to you.” Matt’s Dad said as he handed Matt the letter. He opened and, noticing it was long and seemed like a boring letter with a lot of big words he didn’t really understand, he almost put it down. But then one word caught his eye. Pokémon.... It was that kiddy game from when he was, like, 8 years old. Thats weird.... what's rest of it say?

Dear Matthew T. Green
My name is John Bing and I am a special agent working on research for a chain of small islands recently discovered off the coast of Australia. Creatures have been found on these islands that are like no other seen on any parts of the earth. These creatures seem to have an identical DNA signature to creatures known by most of the world as Pokémon. Yes I know what you’re thinking, its a game, there's no way. Well that’s what we thought. Pokémon have in fact been discovered on these islands and there is much to learn about them. There is also much to explain to you, first let me tell you why we need you. As many may know Pokémon respond extremely well to human interaction. If these Pokémon got into the wrong hands though they could be extremely dangerous, especially since so little is known to them. We have decided to take our research to the next level by supplying the human interaction that these Pokémon strive for. We are relying on the innocence of Kids between the ages of 13-16 to befriend these Pokémon and “train” them so they can be easier to research. We tried some older people first, but they just seemed to aggravate the creatures. You have been chosen as one of 100 kids from around the world. We have been watching you and have deemed you fit for this challenge. Enclosed are 3 tickets straight to Washington D.C where everyone will meet. From there we will…get a ride…to the islands were you will be given your Pokémon and necessities that you will need for your journey. The Pokemon we are giving you are not yet completely tame and the items, that we call PokeBalls, Potions, and some Nikes, are not completely tested. Please bring your parents to this meeting. Here is the address, go to suite 115 and show the guards at the door this letter and they will let you in. Please attend. The fate of the federal government, and possibly the world, depends on you.

After reading the letter, Matt sat there speechless.
"Heloooooooo.... you okay?" His father said waving his hand in front of Matt's face. Matt handed the letter to him and he started to read it. When he was finished, he was in the same state as Matt was. “This, this is amazing.” His dad said, “I don’t believe it, I honestly don’t believe it, if there weren’t these plane tickets and the governmental seal in here I would have thought it was someone pulling our legs!"
“Well what day does it say the flight is....” Matt said, still in shock.
“It’s in 3 days. Then it says after that you can come home for a week. After that, they will fly you back out so you can get to the islands, I guess they have to go over procedure with you more than once.” Matt’s dad said.
“Well I can go right?”
“Matt, I don’t know, this is all way too new, if remember correctly Pokémon are pretty dangerous right? And it didn’t say how long you’re going to be gone. I don’t know... Let’s talk to your mother, then we’ll see.
“Ughhh! Dad you know moms going to say no, it said I was chosen out of 100!! Come on dad do you not see this opportunity here! It says I was chosen out of 100 people, not in the state, not in the country, not in North America, but in the whole world dad!! Think of how that will look on a resume!" Matt added jokingly.
After minutes of thinking, his father had made his decision “Fine, we will go to the meeting in D.C. But that’s it," He said quickly, "We will talk about everything else later ok?”
Matt sighed in relief "Thanks dad. I'd better pack!"

Three days later
“Boarding flight 23B to Washington D.C, That’s 23B to Washington D.C” Said the person of the airport intercom.
“That’s us” Said Matt as they walked to the desk that collected their tickets. They boarded the plane and as Matt walked down the aisle and realized how his life was no longer normal. He got what he had asked for, he got thrill, adventure, something new. His life seemed to be unfolding the way he wanted it to.... as long as he could convince his parents to let him go....

Chapter 2: The end of the old
Matt and his parents walked off the plane, grabbed their luggage and headed outside. They planned to take a shuttle to the hotel but, like everything else that happened in the past week, there was a change of plans. There was a big man with a sign that said "Green". He was standing in front of a stretch limo and motioned for them to come over. Matt didn’t know how the man knew what they looked like and that they were the Greens, but they still walked over there. “Did you order the limo Dad?” Matt said being suddenly suspicious.
“No, I didn’t, I guess they sent it for us.” Matt’s dad replied. They walked up to the limo and the man put their bags in the trunk before they got in. After he put the bags were in the back, they drove off and Matt started to think about everything. It all seemed to hit him at once. His whole life would change. It was what he wanted, but the details seemed to finally hit him. Everything he knew would change and he would be out of his element. The thing is he wanted to be out of his element. He wanted change, and change was good, it just seemed to come so fast.
The car came to an abrupt stop. “We're here.” The driver said. They got out of the car while the driver got the bags and they followed him to a building. The guy opened the door and they walked into the building. It was even more extravagant from the inside. It seemed to be an office building but there was something about it. Maybe the fact that it was huge and had to be over 30 stories high or that it was the end of the old and everything seemed to look awesome.
They walked up to the front desk where there was a women looking at them. It seemed she knew who they were. Matt opened his mouth and just when he was about to say something the woman at the front desk said “You’re looking for suite 115, it's straight ahead of you from the desk, just keep walking and you'll find it.”
“Thanks” Matt said. He was so excited he could barely keep from running to the door. He walked as his parents talked quietly. Matt could hear a few words that they were saying, “It’s too long” “they're to dangerous” “anything could happen.” That’s right, anything could happen and he was ready for it.
They approached the door and there was a big man standing in front of it. Matt pulled out the letter from his back pocket and handed it to him. The man grabbed the letter and pulled a black light out of his back pocket. He ran it over the letter. Apparently there was some kind of crest on it that could only be seen by black light. He opened the door and led them into a hallway, there were 3 doors, they were pretty spread out but you could see them all from the spot they were standing. “OK, here's how it’s going to work.” the man said “You will go into this room right here,” he pointed to Matt and then pointed to the room at the far left. “and you to will go in with all the other parents in the room over there.” he pointed to the room at the far right. “Now when they're done with you guys, they'll send you to this middle room here, where you'll sit together”
“Thank you sir.” Matt said.
“You’re welcome and good luck. You’ll need it” he murmured under his breath
“Excuse me,” Matt’s mom said before he left, “How long are these meetings going to take?
“They shouldn’t take long.”
Matt's mom just nodded, as if in agreement.
Matt said goodbye to his parents and walked into the room with all the kids. There were kids from everywhere; he could see a lot of kids from the Far East, a lot from the U.S like him, and some from Europe and Russia and Mexico and France and everywhere else you can imagine. It was pretty full but he saw an open seat near the front. He walked and sat next to a boy who he guessed was his age. He sat down and said “Hi, I’m Matt”
“I’m Max” he said, sounding a little nervous. “How old are you?” Max asked.
“I’m 13, what about you?”
“Me too,” said Max “I thought I would be the only one that young here, but I guess not.”
“So where are you from?”
“The N.Y.C.”
“Aww, man I love New York, but it’s been a while since I’ve actually been there.”
“Ya its great there, so where are you from?” Matt could tell once you got Max going he wasn’t as bottled up as you would think.
“I’m from St. Louis, it’s not as big as New York but it’s still a big city.”
“Cool, I have an uncle who…”
“Hello everyone.” Said a man who made his way up to a podium in the front of the room. “Before I start I would like to congratulate you all for making it, you don’t know how vigorous the process was picking you 100 and to be honest you will never know. Let’s just say we have our ways. This journey you are all going on, well we have no idea how long it will take. You have to train your Pokémon until they are tame. Then they can be researched, studied more closely. We know next to nothing about these Pokémon, so we will study just about everything.”
The man went on about how amazing it was and how they discovered the islands and it was all so new. Matt figured that the government would know more, know more before they sent in kids. However they did manage to research some Pokémon in their natural environment, some live in groups and others live alone. The pictures they managed to take were even more amazing. Pikachu had fur, Flygon had scales, and Poliwhirl had smooth, wet skin.
After all the meetings were over Matt and his parents went back to the hotel. Right when they walked in the door Matt was bursting with anticipation and finally blurted it out “So can I go?!” Everything seemed to momentarily pause; you could cut the tension in the air with a knife. “Well, your mother and I have thought a lot about it,” Matt’s dad said, “and we have decided…” They’re going to say no. How could they say no?! Matt thought
“You can go.”
"Yeah!!!!" Matt was ecstatic. He couldn’t wait until he landed on the islands so he could start a journey of his own!!

This Fan Fic and Artwork was created By Team Ocean Blaze "If you cant take the heat, get out of the water!!"

Here is some of our team artowrk!

Mattwavetc-3.png

MyMaxtc-2.png

MyEllentc-1.png

Fanficbannermine-1.png

TeamOceanBlaze.jpg

GKbanner.png

RE: Journey A New, Pokemon fan fic like no other

Sounds pretty good - I'll keep an eye out for this one :p

Keep at it!

Good job, Moneyking. This is going to be tough competition, good luck.

The Time through Life... That sounds like a title.
And it looks great but add a little spice to it.

Hmm ill consider the title, Ok, Im just trying to build a base with these few chapters and then i will add more adventure and danger and things like that!! Thanks!

RE: Life and Times, Pokemon Fan Fic That Is Like No Other

I need ideas for banners for this fanfic Monkeyking, 'cause I have no clue what I can make with this yet.....

UPDATE: Here it is!!
6oo3upx.png

It doesn't have to be related to the fan-fic, but it can for an extra point or two.

i made a pretty good banner for us:
80wx0us.jpg

does anyone know how to make it so the link is on it sowhen you click it it come here?

I have read Chapeter one, only up to the Letter that was written...at first, it is a very cool idea, but, I have read something very similar to this before...

Really, well i have never heard of this before so im not taking any ideas! Im going to add some more stuff to it and make it a little different! Hope you like it!

RE: Pokemon Journey Through Life, Chapter 3 on its way!

hey moneyking are you going to put all the banners we made on the first post? like have a section that says
Our Art Work:
-----
-----
-----
then list our stuff, so the judges can find it.

also can you put like our team name and members of out team in a section.

Ya RR im going to do that now, do u have golem kings banners? i know he made a couple!

i think he posted them in the fan fic contest thread. there is also one in his sig.

Ok here is the 3rd chapter, i've taken all your comments into thought! Well here it is and I hope you like it!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!

Chapter 3
Matt was in Washington D.C with his parents a second time. Matt, with 99 other kids, where awaiting their private jet to arrive at the local airport. Matt turned and looked at his mom sitting next to him. She was worried; he could see the worry in her eyes. She turned and looked at Matt, she realized Matt was looking at her and Shot him a big smile. However it was a false smile, she was worried she would never see her son again.
“I’ll be fine Mom, I promise”
“I trust you Matt, but it’s other people I don’t trust”
“What’s going to happen Mom? What are you afraid of?”
“You’re a 13 year old boy alone with very little adult supervision. And not to mention the Pokémon, Do you have any idea how dang…”
“I know but you have to trust me that I raise them right and that I know where to go so I can stay safe. Not to mention, the first Pokémon their going to give me will act like my protector.”
“Matt you always know how to make me feel comfortable”
“Come on now Susan, he’s not a baby anymore. Matt, with great power comes great responsibility” said Matt’s Dad
“Well thanks for that Uncle Ben, I should know you can never come up with stuff on your own” replied Matt
“Well if Spiderman wasn’t on TV last night I don’t know what I would have said”
“Flight 135 to Los Angeles now boarding” A voice said over the airport intercom. They weren’t going to Los Angeles and everyone knew it. It was just an alibi, they were really going to the island.
“Well I better be going. Good bye guys, I’ll miss you.” Matt said to his parents.
“Goodbye, we love you” his parents said in unison.
“Love you too” Matt said as he ran off toward the plane. “I’ll call you the first chance I get”
Matt walked on the plane, the only people on it were the special 100 chosen so it didn’t really matter where they sat. He walked down the aisle and he heard someone calling his name
“Matt, Matt over here!” Matt looked and eventually spotted Max with his hand in the air.
“What are you deaf” Max said to Matt as he sat down
“No just taken in by everything” replied Matt
“Well you have a while to take everything in; it’s a 12 hour flight”
“Ugh don’t remind me! I hate these long flights, I get really bored and restless”
“Hey I think were taking off”
“It’s about time; I love the feel of the plane going up in the air though, except when your ears pop”
“Ya I hate that too, here want some gum, it stops your ears from popping.”
“What am I supposed to do with it Max? Shove it in my ears?”
“No you chew it, just trust me.”
The plane took off and Matt looked out the window and saw his old, normal life disappearing. He was headed for great things, and he couldn’t have been more thrilled! About an hour passed and Matt heard a snoring sound from his right side. Max had fallen asleep right after they got into the air. About an hour passed and Max woke up. “What time is it? Are we hear yet” Max said groggily still trying to wake up.
“Ha, You have only been asleep an hour Max. 11 more to go” Matt and Max killed the time by talking about what Pokémon they plan to catch, where they wanted to go to first, and even what to nickname their Pokémon. With talking, movie watching, and even some napping the 11 hours passed and they arrived on the island. They saw every part of the island from the skies as they were drawing close to the ground for landing. The beautiful blue and white waves crashing on the bright sand beaches and the lush green trees swaying with the wind, it was all so amazing.
They were approaching the airport, it was one big building with a single air strip for a tarmac.
“Max shouldn’t we be landing right now” Matt said as they were flying over the landing strip. The plane was low to the ground but still at great speeds.
“Yes Matt we shoooouuuuuuuuulllllllllldddddddd” Screamed Max. They could see out the window what was going on. The plane was on a straight collision course with the airport!

RE: Pokemon Journey Through Life, Chapter 3 is in!! Come check it out!!

Cliffhanger :p. Hmm... there wasn't much buildup for that though - why are they on a collision course with the airport? Did something go wrong with the plane mechanics? Were they shot down by a Salamence? You need to give a few more hints than just "we're about to crash!".

Other than that, nice work! The fact that there IS a cliffhanger makes you want to know what happens, which is the point of a story in the first place right? Keep working at this :)

RE: Pokemon Journey Through Life, Chapter 3 is in!! Come check it out!!

ya i just read through it again and your right it was pretty random!! But theres is something you dont know, how it happened, youll find that out in the next chapter!!

THANKS FOR POSTING!! Chapter 4 should be up within a day or so!

RE: Pokemon Journey Through Life, CHAPTER 4 IS ON ITS WAY!!

i am working on a banner now and it will be ready by umm..... tommorow i hope.

Wow, this fanfic is good!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Chazz9 I am finishing up Chapter 4, i am going to try to make this a longer chapter! Also if you would like to post charactes feel free, however i already have the 3 main characters, you only know 2 right now :p but i assure you you will be in it!

Back