Pokemon Japan Increasing Supply of Booster Boxes, Reprint of “Pokemon Card 151” Coming in May!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
For the first since 2020, Japan’s Pokemon Center website is selling booster boxes of recent sets — and without major restrictions! This implies they have finally increased their production output, which they’ve been promising since 2021.
All sets since October 2023 have been restocked. You can buy up to two booster boxes each of the following sets: Wild Force, Cyber Judge, Ancient Roar, Future Flash, and Shiny Treasure EX. For Crimson Haze, you can buy one booster box.

Pokemon-Center-Boxes-March-2024-291x300.jpg

It’s been a long time since booster boxes have just… been available for sale. Most of the time the Pokemon Center website’s TCG section was empty because everything was sold out.
In recent years Pokemon Japan tried to mitigate supply issues by...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It’s an impossible dream but I WISH TPCI sold us a comparable product of the TPC Japanese booster box - like if we got a 10 pack (they’d both have 100 cards a box) for 39.99 retail without the extra brick of energy cards / etc in the ETB but also it hitting with the same “rules” of at least 1 “super hit” per box - that would be chef’s kiss IMO

It’s an impossible dream but I WISH TPCI sold us a comparable product of the TPC Japanese booster box - like if we got a 10 pack (they’d both have 100 cards a box) for 39.99 retail without the extra brick of energy cards / etc in the ETB but also it hitting with the same “rules” of at least 1 “super hit” per box - that would be chef’s kiss IMO
I understand what you are saying, but the extra stuff added to the elite trainer box is a great way for beginning players to get the essentials that they need to start playing. A 10 pack product would be cool though

Please have some sort of stamp showing that its part of the reprint. Like an "Anti-1st-Edition" stamp.

Only way scalpers wouldnt ruin a 1st edition stamp concept is if they didnt know it was happening.

I am a big Japanese sealed collector, well maybe not as big as some, but try to buy a booster box or two from each set. 151 out of the gate was too expensive for what was in the set, it made no sense, yet people who had no experience with the Japanese market stupidly bought it. Japanese sellers despite having hoards of 151 continued to sell it at inflated prices. It wasn't short printed, or "rare" just over hyped. Glad to see a reprint and hopefully it will come down in price. Market value should be sitting around $85 IMO based on the contents of the set.

No to any “stamp” on 1st editions or reprints, yes to reprints. I hope tpci kills scalping market entirely. Reprint base set shadowless as it was originally printed for all I care. Buy some stocks/gold if you want investment.

No to any “stamp” on 1st editions or reprints, yes to reprints. I hope tpci kills scalping market entirely. Reprint base set shadowless as it was originally printed for all I care. Buy some stocks/gold if you want investment.
tpci straight up reprinting old sets (like yugioh just did for their 25th anniv last year) is my DREAM ?

Man...I'd love if they did this with all of the SW/SH sets. Would get rid of a TON of people ruining the hobby, and I could get a better laugh out of it. I also wanted the eevee heroes special box, but thats out of the question and has been for a while.

Last edited:
Amen...

Please have some sort of stamp showing that its part of the reprint. Like an "Anti-1st-Edition" stamp.

Only way scalpers wouldnt ruin a 1st edition stamp concept is if they didnt know it was happening.
Or just...you know...keep them all the same? No stamp or, anything.

If you feel this way why even pay for real cards? Just print out copies and make fakes.

Man...I'd love if they did this with all of the SW/SH sets. Would get rid of a TON of people ruining the hobby, and I could get a better laugh out of it. I also wanted the eevee heroes special box, but thats out of the question and has been for a while.
Ironically this would do more to damage the "hobby" than the people you think are "ruining the hobby".

That isn't sustainable and for lack of standardization would limit its appeal. This isn't the "counter" you think it is.
Not really going for a "counter", but thanks for telling me what I think, I guess? ?

ANYWAY, overprinting cards to the point that nothing is rare in a card game that makes rarity a key component would also not be sustainable.

Back