Fakemon Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist and Composer]

pbood2

Aspiring Trainer
H7HMad7.png

I am doing a game called Pokemon Darkness which I wanted to strongly do because I have had a love of fan-games ever since Reborn, Rejuvenation and Insurgence were made. Through working on Revolution and gaining development experience, it made me a much better person and I learned a lot through that experience and game’s development. What makes my game great and the reason you should join Darkness is because it combines the two different playstyles and worlds of Mystery Dungeon games and usual Pokemon gameplay into one giving players a wide variety to experience throughout the game. I have completed the episode 1 story for the most part, thought of the general plot, worlds, characters, have bios for characters in episode 1 for the game, etc and I have come to the point where I would need a motivated and patient team to help me make the game the best it can be. Just as an addition, I would like to let all potential applicants know that they will always be able to give their feedback/opinions on everything within the project and will be vital to making the game the best possible. I might have most of episode 1’s story done but if the new team has criticisms and suggestions for improvements, I’m willing to take them into thought when doing the story for example. I will make sure to keep a positive environment for the team as much as possible and to be communicative and supportive of what the team does.

Features
  • Level caps
  • 2 different evil teams in the game
  • 12 badges and Elite Six
  • Personalized TMs as in each gym leader will have their own TMs
  • Different movesets, typings and stats as necessary for Pokemon who need them or deserve them - example: Luxray is electric mono but it should have been dark too.
  • Multiple Difficulties (Normal and Hard)
  • Different types of Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Darkness - Darkened and Delta Pokemon like Deltas from the TCG
  • Characters seen in the game will be in side plots (side plots for episode 1 are known)
  • Sidequests present in the two worlds of the game and as the player progresses through the game and pathways for storyline are present
  • Different ways to evolve Pokemon will be implemented - special circumstances such as the partner gotten from MD evolves at set points in the game
Plot: Pokemon Darkness takes place in 2 worlds which are very different from each other but that will be connected through something happening in the MD world which opens the connection with Gaia (the human world). Throughout Darkness, the player will battle the rising threat in both worlds and will see different sides to the evil organization and the two worlds they will explore.

Elements of Darkness that separate it from other fan-games out there include that the game will have an interesting and attention grabbing plot that players would love to experience through playing the game. I am not afraid to deviate from the Pokemon formula if I feel it’s necessary such as having 12 leaders (instead of 8 or 18) and Elite Six instead of the usual 4. Another attribute that makes my game great is that not only will you see and experience characters in the game but at the end of current plots, you will be able to experience what they have in what I call side plots and I haven’t seen another fan-game yet with this feature.

What We Need:

Currently, Pokemon Darkness is looking for an experience orchestra composer who can commit time to helping with creating custom music for the game on weekends at least but the more time spent on the music, the quicker we can get a release out for people to enjoy. In addition, we also need an experienced GFX artist for making cutscenes for Pokemon Darkness. If you are interested, please contact me, Micky or JakeLong through PM or by posting on this thread and we appreciate all the help we can get. Thanks.

Screenshots: (More will be added as progress is made and every 2 weeks on Saturdays)
BD0UG6k.png

First gym leader Rosario's trainer sprite is completed thanks to SHIA from Reborn's amazing work and time put in. We at Darkness really appreciate them making the sprite for us.
Iy27Tqz.png

This logo is the official Team Darkness logo.

dVCexMr.png

zfDJy21.png

Here's Evergreen City, the city of the first Gym Leader Rosario. I removed the image of Evergreen because it is being redone by me over time. In addition, I am pleased to reveal the OW for Rosario and multicultural lass OW and part of the first route of the game heading towards a lab building. The maps are in progress but I feel confident in showing the progress we are making over time.
smile.png

UPDATE: April 21, 2016

VHYA9do.png

This art is of the Delta Grotle and Torterra. Hope you like them.

VxvfbJf.png
4JJQZnw.png

Male or Female Main Characters of Pokemon Darkness. This is only one version of each gender. We will be having 3 versions of each gender by the end of Episode 1 development for sure.

0i9TRKG.png
VISGCEK.png

This is Mia, the first rival you encounter in Pokemon Darkness. She`s a 22 year old flirty woman who`s also very kind towards the player. You and her will be sure to get into adventure together throughout the story. Her trainer battle sprite was done by Shia just like Rosario's. The overworld was done by my spriters.

9fjYtPJ.png

This is the OW of the multicultural youngster trainer class in Pokemon Darkness. Like the lass above in the last update and the youngster in this one, there will be more multicultural sprites for trainer classes in the future. We hope you guys like this concept.

NEW TRAINER CLASSES FOR EPISODE 1:

pLG8FNa.png

x9KVERr.png

Like I said in an earlier post, if you can guess the trainer class for either of these, you have a chance to be an alpha or beta tester for Pokemon Darkness. Next update I will reveal the names of these.

Names been guessed by Cronos of Reborn. The first one is the new trainer class Birdwatcher and the second is the Botanist. Both will be featured in the beginning area of Pokemon Darkness which is in a forest.

NEW POKEMON IN Pokemon Darkness:
nLXvDID.png
Wy9rvDK.png
KX5vupn.png
ri2bpBl.png

This is Delta Poliwhirl and Poliwrath. They were normal Poliwhirl and Poliwrath with a special genetic defect until they decided to move to the desert where a sandstorm came and activated their special gene changing their appearance and allowing them to absorb the sand and rocks from sandstorms.

X4eaEuI.png
IHJslto.png
AJUF57P.png
oAoiXJP.png
LPgpnzf.png
3drCw6x.png

Delta Snorunt are Snorunt with a special gene which fell into a volcano and instead of melting and dying, they came out of the volcano having taken in the lava and mastering the power of fire. Delta Glalie are evolved Delta Snorunts which have fully mastered the power of fire and become strong enough to release the lava within so it drips from their body.

ScKoIej.png

Delta Spiritomb are normal Spiritomb who went too close to an electrical field and so it's souls and body became electrified and electricity crackles around its body.

A6pxEXm.png
Z3nKd38.png
51Ny9Zw.png
1q5abIY.png

Delta Grotle are Grotle which live in tundras and changed to adapt to the icy and snowy conditions of the tundra by changing it's trees with icebergs and increasing their body temperature to blazing hot temperatures. Delta Torterra are evolved Delta Grotles which have grown their icebergs and adapted an icy volcano which is always active because of the blazing hot temperatures inside its body.

June 20, 2016 Pokemon Darkness Update

To begin the update, we are showing the new and improved Team Darkness grunts.

Zk9skZ0.png
6PC8Yix.png

These are more than just generic grunts but more like the Dames and Knights of Reborn where you will notice each of these members of Team Darkness have a unique personality. We hope you enjoy getting to know them.

Next up is the Vs Sprites for important characters you will be battling in Episode 1

i4x6IYy.png

Obviously, you can't introduce a rival and not have a battle happen between the player and said rival. That's just not logical. This is Mia as previously announced in other previous updates.

tnbpvH5b.jpg

This mysterious and hidden man will be a pivotal plot character. You will be seeing him quite often throughout North Gaia. He only has one pokemon when you first meet him and you won't be able to see his appearance until a later episode.

vXauqbX.png

This is Rosario's vs sprite when you challenge him for a gym badge. He will be a tough challenge so make sure you prepare because main battles in Darkness will be tougher than other fangames.
wink.png

z56PaBVb.jpg
uY4twwl.png

This is a character who will combat the player at a certain point in the episode. He's going to be like a mini-boss so good luck. A better vs sprite is available now so I will update this post with it when imgur stops being difficult.
Last but certainly not least,

JU8DNcn.jpg

The official Starters of Pokemon Darkness as the art shows: Tirtouga, the water/rock type, Joltik, the bug/electric type and Golett, the ghost/ground type. We hope you like this selection because this is all you can pick as a starter for Gaia.

Music
BEING WORKED ON CURRENTLY SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
smile.png

Thanks for your interest and checking this out and have a great day/night.

P.S. I would just like to thank my good friends Trevo, Commander, Jacobliterator, Amethyst, Arkhidon, Micky33000000 and the Se7en team for helping make this thread the best it can be and I greatly appreciated all their help for this game so far. If I have forgotten anyone who helped, I'm sorry and know your help was also appreciated.

Pokemon Darkness NOW HAS A TWITTER which you can follow for game development and updates and some of the team will be tweeting along with me over time. We hope you are hyped as we work on this because we promise it will be amazing.

July 15, 2016 - Pokemon Darkness Twitter is active again so follow if you want to see updates and information about the game over time. :)

From now on, Pokemon Darkness as suggested by Trevore will be doing a Corocoro leak kind of thing but every two weeks on Saturday, I will show more aspects of Darkness. One hint coming in the next leak is the layout for the game's releases. I hope you're excited for everything to come.

Progress:
GRAPHICS
Trainer sprites (90%)
Overworld sprites (50%)
VS Sprites (80%)
Tilesets (75%)
Mapping (10%)
Overall (61%)

STORY/EVENTING
Story for Episode 1 (95%)
Sidequests/Post-game stuff (30%)
Dialogue written (20%)
Eventing (0%)
Overall (37.5%)

TECHNICAL STUFF
Trainer battles (0%)
PBS File editing stuff (0%)
Scripting (10%)
MORE EVENTING (0%)
Overall (5%)

MISC
Pre-Alpha Testing (0%)
Alpha Testing (0%)
Beta Testing (0%)
Music (10%) - Had to start over when a teammate left and took their music with them
Official art (?%)
Overall (20%)

OVERALL PROGRESS: (35%)

Last edited by a moderator:
[Recruiting]
Looking to recruit: Experienced GFX Artist and Experienced Orchestra Computer Composer
Team Name/Team Members: Team Darkness - NoodleR (art and spriting), JakeLong (mapping and coding), me (leader, mapping, plot and dialogue), apbuggy (coder, mapper, composer), WSGreen (spriter), BlueMoonIceCream (world map maker), DragonMasterKrim (teambuilder), Trevore (moral support), Umbri. Everybody but Noodle is from Reborn since that's where my game is based.
Method of Contact: PM me on here or send me a message on Skype - casimbahadar

Last edited:
June 20, 2016 Pokemon Darkness Update

To begin the update, we are showing the new and improved Team Darkness grunts.

Zk9skZ0.png
6PC8Yix.png

These are more than just generic grunts but more like the Dames and Knights of Reborn where you will notice each of these members of Team Darkness have a unique personality. We hope you enjoy getting to know them.

Next up is the Vs Sprites for important characters you will be battling in Episode 1

i4x6IYy.png

Obviously, you can't introduce a rival and not have a battle happen between the player and said rival. That's just not logical. This is Mia as previously announced in other previous updates.

tnbpvH5b.jpg

This mysterious and hidden man will be a pivotal plot character. You will be seeing him quite often throughout North Gaia. He only has one pokemon when you first meet him and you won't be able to see his appearance until a later episode.

vXauqbX.png

This is Rosario's vs sprite when you challenge him for a gym badge. He will be a tough challenge so make sure you prepare because main battles in Darkness will be tougher than other fangames.
wink.png

z56PaBVb.jpg
uY4twwl.png

This is a character who will combat the player at a certain point in the episode. He's going to be like a mini-boss so good luck. A better vs sprite is available now so I will update this post with it when imgur stops being difficult.

Last but certainly not least,

JU8DNcn.jpg

The official Starters of Pokemon Darkness as the art shows: Tirtouga, the water/rock type, Joltik, the bug/electric type and Golett, the ghost/ground type. We hope you like this selection because this is all you can pick as a starter for Gaia.

Thanks and we hope you like this update and keep tuned to this thread and game as we progress and reveal more as time goes on.
smile.png

Hello everyone.

Okay so today is a super mini-update again of sorts.

We just wanted to announce the revival/reactivation of the Pokemon Darkness Twitter. We're almost at 100 followers so if we could hit that soon, that would be amazing and a huge show of support and would help motivate us to do our very best on developing an amazing game for you guys.

Main post has been updated with this information as well for any new viewers to the thread.

Have a great day/night and the next update will come once more music and maps are done as a refreshing change.

Thanks as usual for your support. We really appreciate it.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back